Updates to the Pound coming

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Updates to the Pound coming

Postby Juliamon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:18 pm

Catsplat18 wrote:What's wrong with putting every single rare on your WL? If you have the patience to go through the entire archive and click that many pets, you deserve to get one from the pound

There's nothing wrong, per se, but big wishlists make trading a lot more difficult. I tend to get overwhelmed and change my mind on trying to initiate a trade with someone when I choose the 'pets on their wishlist' dropdown and it shows I have 2k+ pets they want. Page navigation in the trade window is a nightmare when there's more than 10 pages, I've lost count of the number of times my hand has twitched and made me misclick on the next page number and caused me to start all over! People complain that it's hard to trade nowadays, and this is part of the reason (for me anyway).

There's also the issue where there are different reasons you might wishlist a pet. For instance, I don't like sorbs and don't actively want to trade for one, but when I see a sorb in the pound I still go straight for it because I know it would help me get pets I ACTUALLY want. So I'm torn between having it WL'd for easier pound IDing when images are slow to load, and leaving it off so people don't think I'm looking for one. And you know what else is on my WL? Several uncommons, and (before the rarity update) a common I am hoarding. I don't want to accidentally grab a common hoard pet from the pound instead of a store pet that could be traded for MANY of those common hoard pets (insert Simpsons reference here).
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nico » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:47 pm

I’m in favour of further pound randomisation so it’s not mostly in date order. The pound should be as level a playing field as possible. Connection speed shouldn’t determine luck.

I remember way back when we could look through the pound group ready for release, and then choose the exact pound page when it opened! Seems shockingly unfair now.

A Pound specific wish list would be wonderful, too. I have two litters I collect solely from the pound. Whenever one pops up, I’ll choose those little Uncommons & Rares over Very Rares or Extremely Rares on the same page.

I look forward to the pound changes. 😊
Note to Mods: Posie’s my daughter
You have collected every pet ever released!
"A little nonsense now & then is relished by the wisest men." ~R Dahl~
Nico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyomice » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:59 am

beemo wrote:this is really funny to me because i've been a user since 2011 and i have never blindly clicked the first pet or even thought to lmao

I check the year of the first pet and then click on it, and then regret it because someone else has snatched it away in the time I spent checking the year. I should start blindly clicking haha!
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:55 am

Vampie! wrote:
pumpkin spice anger wrote:
Vampie! wrote:I woke up at 4am, it's now 6am and the L&F is still running:,)
Unless I saw wrong when I woke up, its been abt 2hrs of l&f going;-;

def more than 3 hours, I just grabbed my second item 30 minutes ago

That's actually rlly funny tho

Very often in non event days I have snagged a couple items from lost and found this way.

As for the pound, it can close within 60 seconds of opening. I've witnessed it close a full 2 min from opening.

But yes older pets are in a predictable spot. When I can I zoom out on my 27" computer screen and hover my cursor in that spot. Because I adopt to keep, not trade I pass up the pets I have already in favor of those I don't have.

I agree changing up the placement would be a good move. As for connection issues I thought what may work is having 3000+ pets available to adopt, but rather than them all be in the pounds adoptions group immediately, what if they got gradually moved into that group?

That way even those who join in the pound later can still get a rare if they get some of the pets released later in the process
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:07 am

Catsplat18 wrote:What's wrong with putting every single rare on your WL? If you have the patience to go through the entire archive and click that many pets, you deserve to get one from the pound

Agreed. I think that the way the pound is run now is fine. It’s one of the only ways for newer players to get rare pets easily anyways. I don’t really care either way if they update it though
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veradana » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:34 am

I hope they're adding a "You have this pet" mark because I often forget which pet out of a litter I've already adopted before XD
Veradana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:06 am

Wired wrote:

Agreed. I think that the way the pound is run now is fine. It’s one of the only ways for newer players to get rare pets easily anyways. I don’t really care either way if they update it though

it's frustrating (more of a pet peeve, really) from a trading perspective to see "I have 10k wishlist pets but I don't actually want any of them it's just for the pound, please use your mind powers to figure out what I actually want thanks" in a lot of rules lately, HOWEVER! that's more of a "we only have one wishlist to use" than an issue of how people play the game. I don't tend to trade with people with those rules, but they can do whatever they want (as long as it's in the scope of the rules obv), it doesn't affect my play in the slightest. more power to y'all, I can barely put my missed outcomes on the thing lol ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

also the rarest/valuable pets are increasingly more in the middle/latter half of the page with dec 18ths, the 08 pets are kinda running dry imo. so blindly clicking a middle pet is honestly probably a safer bet if you don't have The Fast™ internet (like me. don't know how I managed to get dial up level Internet on a *phone* but here we are, lol)
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:20 pm

I wonder if they’ll change it so that the pound and lost & found are on separate pages, or at least can both open at the same time? I see a lot of people complaining about how long the l&f stays open, which sometimes makes me sad because I really like it. I am an item person, I think.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Regency » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:35 pm

answrs wrote:
Wired wrote:

it's frustrating (more of a pet peeve, really) from a trading perspective to see "I have 10k wishlist pets but I don't actually want any of them it's just for the pound, please use your mind powers to figure out what I actually want thanks" in a lot of rules lately, HOWEVER! that's more of a "we only have one wishlist to use" than an issue of how people play the game. I don't tend to trade with people with those rules, but they can do whatever they want (as long as it's in the scope of the rules obv), it doesn't affect my play in the slightest. more power to y'all, I can barely put my missed outcomes on the thing lol ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

also the rarest/valuable pets are increasingly more in the middle/latter half of the page with dec 18ths, the 08 pets are kinda running dry imo. so blindly clicking a middle pet is honestly probably a safer bet if you don't have The Fast™ internet (like me. don't know how I managed to get dial up level Internet on a *phone* but here we are, lol)

I have found this to be extremely confusing and annoying. I've tried to trade with those people a few times and it always comes back declined. I always get the response of "read my trade rules" or something along those lines. Do people really expect you to click on a forum link and read through a whole text wall just to trade? Apparently they don't realize that I simply don't care to sift through your maxed our character rules for one link among many and then read a whole essay about your stingy trade rules and finally uncover your real WL.
Especially being a newer player it's annoying.

(when I say you and yours, I'm saying it in general. Not about a specific person)
Regency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lyney » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:45 pm

i'm excited to see what change will come from this update! i most certainly hope it's a positive one, especially considering the fact that this likely resulted from everyone's wishes in the "why users are quitting cs" thread. i've been happy with the changes we've received so far, so fingers crossed that this one will also be a good change for the playerbase!!

now hmm, i think one of my own personal grievances is the amount of free-esc items (the ones in the c$ shop that anyone can adopt) that cause the l&f to sit open for a bit too long, as mentioned by several users in this thread that sometimes it can sit open for hours. sometimes even if i'm late, i tend to just get anything that's left- most of the time with that being either the tiny dots of frosting or paint that people never adopt until the last 100ish- just to try to get the l&f to close sooner and hope for a pound. i love items, but when it comes down to the tiny blotches of paint or the free saddles then it gets kind of shrug-worthy to me when people will not adopt them. i've gotta be a frosting king by now, i haven't looked at how many i have. i think it would help if we separated the l&f and pound, but we'll see what nick is cooking!

.. and, in regards to users having every rare on their wishlist: as someone who has done that, i most certainly agree that it makes things tricky and i've talked several people out of doing the same. i can see why it may be irking and i do not recommend for other users to try it (i did it when i was like, 15, and have just kept it up since). it's super helpful for the pound with how laggy my wifi can get, but in the trading scene? yeah, no, it's chaos. i do hope one day they can let us have multiple wishlists so i could separate trading from the pound.

6 8 p a g e s.......

either way! i'm just excited. crossing my fingers that maybe we'll get something like the anniversary pound where the pounds get more frequent or something like that.
"That's the upside of being a wanted man . .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
♔【 → cross • he/they • adult • th ← 】♔
I AM the risk ."
lyney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me