Do dates really matter?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do pet dates matter when trading?

Yes
62%
No
21%
Unsure
17%

Total votes : 84

Re: Do dates really matter?

Postby AuroraFier » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:08 am

Crazyclaww wrote:
yeah pets can get deleted, some people delete the high value ones in particular for fun 😭
then again i guess that could just be a rumor I heard

Why is deleting pets a thing???
🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slawth » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:09 am

Vizzle wrote:
Oh im pretty sure valuable pets have been deleted, if im remembering correctly there were people deleting the skelebun.

well, sounds about right ig. internet antics n all
Slawth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Axuwu » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:10 am

Even if no one ever deleted their pets, wouldn’t they also get harder to get over time because some pets could end up locked away in inactive, forgotten accounts?
ImageImageImageImage
Axuwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:10 am

AuroraFier wrote:Exactly!! I don't care if it's a rerelease or a true date. It also doesn't matter if you adopt the monthly pets on the 1st or the 30th/31st. They all grow! I'm not a huge fan of individuals who hoard an insane amount of an outcome(s). Especially older rare+ pets. I've had an extremely hard time just trading for old uncommons! I don't want to overpay because I don't have much to trade with. I understand loving a certain outcome(s) or species, but do you really need 50, 100, 250+? I'm a new player, and an adult. I often gift newer players to help them out.

Pet dates, unfortunately, matter greatly to many players. I'm 50/50 on this. I can see how older pets are easier to trade for if you have older pets. But I don't understand newer pets being easier to trade with older pets. Especially when they should be easy to trade for other newer pets. This makes it extremely difficult for new(er) players.

(Sorry!! Didn't mean to make this so long!)

yay for loving our funny adoption dates pets ♡ i adore my mishmash of little pixel guys! they're socializing with each other :3

my autism makes understanding that list that others have mentioned and non/ma lingo really hard! so i appreciate when the most that dates matter is within about 3-4 year span of looking at just straight values on the rarity bar and doing simple addition math. (with a little leeway for events being a touch more than their bar says.)

i also second the hoarding of old rares (referring to those who go above 10-20). Staying on topic and not bashing, the desire to have control of as many of older date pets as possible within a small group of the same people means that trading on this site has gone from true bartering and community to pet and C$ based capitalism: since these people are able to set the value of old dates and manipulate massive amounts of pets out of other users and then continue to demand more for those.(and i have the old vs current trades to prove it LOL)
course it's not something that can be addressed, since hoarding is a tetchy topic- as you touch on. making up rules about it would suck for people who just want a tiny army of a common rat smiling back at them, and anger a huge base of people who pay for C$.

gifting is a way to ease the guilt, but it wont ever fix the issue that as the site continues, the date issue will only spiral worse.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bohemian-Melodies » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:11 am

They’re worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. What may be worth a pet of equal value to one member may be worth significantly more or less to another member.
Join xanje to own and battle fantastic beasts of many worlds! Click the button above to embark on your very own journey!

Join Gothicat-World and meet mesmerising mythical creatures!

Looking for missing current year advent pets

Have event swaps

⚢ she/her | Lesbian
Bohemian-Melodies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazyclaww » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:12 am

Axuwu wrote:Even if no one ever deleted their pets, wouldn’t they also get harder to get over time because some pets could end up locked away in inactive, forgotten accounts?

very true!
ImageImageImage
I'm Crazyclaww!
DMs and trades are always open <3
(check out my art stuff!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Crazyclaww

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpija221 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:13 am

Axuwu wrote:Even if no one ever deleted their pets, wouldn’t they also get harder to get over time because some pets could end up locked away in
inactive, forgotten accounts?

iirc rarity is counted only from pets in active accounts? not sure how long you need to be inactive for it to count as inactive
Harpija221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slawth » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:17 am

Bohemian-Melodies wrote:They’re worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. What may be worth a pet of equal value to one member may be worth significantly more or less to another member.

I pretty much second this!

and yeah I'm not sure why deleting pets is a thing?
maybe because giving away all your pets could be a hassle
but I'm not sure about that since I haven't in a long time an my trade reqs dont get flooded.
nor have I gave anything to the pound so I'm not 100% how that works, but if its a bunch of clicking then thats probably why?

Idk, I'm tossing theories out

it is rough on new players, back in 2020 I got super lucky with geting a UR that I traded away for some old pets.
so I haven't really felt the newbie struggle in awhile

I wish all the newer players here luck though!
I'm sure you'll get those pets you want eventually ^^
Slawth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:06 am

Uhh, both yes and no, depending on what we're talking about. But mostly yes, dates do matter.

If we're talking rerelease vs true dates, then no objectively dates don't matter. They're the exact same pixels and therefore worth the exact same. And still some people say yes, dates do matter here.

If we're talking old pets vs new pets of the same rarity, then I personally say yes, rarities absolutely matter! You better believe I'm not trading my old rares+ for new ones. Old pets are just objectively harder to come by than new ones and thus worth more.
The new UR pets are of course an exception here because of how rare they are and because of demand they're usually worth more than older OMGsrs in the beginning.

But when it comes to common and less rare pets then I'm much more willing to trade older pets for newer ones. I'm throwing older commons and vcs at people for missed outcomes all the time. But nobody cares about common pets, so I don't really think they count much in this discussion.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cuddlewuffle » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:11 am

i think generally for more recent pets it doesn't - for example, there's probably the same amount of 2020 "very uncommons" as there are 2023

but for older pets (like 2012 or older), the pets might have a higher chance at being bumped into the next rarity category whenever the rarities are updated again

ex. a 2023 rare might juuust barely qualify as rare, but a 2010 rare could be really close to becoming VR.

also, generally- more people are likely to permanently collect/hoard older pets, which takes them out of circulation, this is probably the main reason that they're more likely to get bumped into the next category of value
check out my CS pet finder website!

http://whatpetdidiget.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you're not sure what your Dec. 18th pet is worth, DO NOT accept any trades for it until you've checked if it's fair in the thread below!!

December 18th: Is this a fair trade?
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me