Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: My Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Postby Aitanaru » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 am

Thank you so much for making that. My first trade rules wasn't so nice :oops: But now my trade rules are colorful and has many 'please'. :)
I won't cry for yesterday.

And I will be your hope
When you feel like its over
And I will pick you up
When your whole world shatters
And when youre finally in my arms
Look up and see, love has a face

Red - Not Alone
This is what God says to me everyday, and I find it very encouraging. Blessings to Red and all who serve the Lord. Amen.
Aitanaru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Javin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 am

Nice guide - well done for posting this. I've seen so may trades where people write rules that come over as really stroppy, and I never bother to trade with them, even though they may have something I want, and I may have their wishlist pets.

My pet peeve is trades where people ask you to write a certain word in the trade to prove that you've read the rules, or they will cancel - and then later changing the word to a different one - just to make sure.
I mean, really, what's the point in that? If the trade is no good then just cancel it anyhow, as long as people are nice about it, that's all that matters. :)
Pet's name: The Night Mare
Javin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 am

I like that someone took the time to make a guide like this...me being the person I am would purposely send trades that ignored all their rules to to spite them for being so nasty in them.

On the other hand though, I've been here a while and no matter how nice or how mean you are...you're still going to get bogus offers...case and point...just because I said I expect the same rarity of a pet for a pet someone sent me a VR Chocolate bunny...for my VR UR B-wolf. My rules state that I want pets to equal the rarity and VALUE of the pet. :\

Eh I may have slightly rude rules but at the same time 70% of traders ignore them or dont even read them. If they do read them..some of them will write "oh so sorry not understand english" or "sorry for (insert reason here)"...I'll even get apologies that are like a paragraph long about how sorry they are :/

My Rules:
Do not send trades with your STORE PETS! (I have a ton of them already!!!
*Unless I have sent the trade*

STOP and THINK about the trade you are sending. If you send a stupid trade, I am likly to be slightly rude or not even include a message.
I simply do not have time to sit there and look at a new born pet that you're expecting a very rare pet for etc. It's annoying and a waste of my time; CANCEL the trade if you expect something not comprable to the pet you are offering.

I run a tough bargan and I have different opinions on values of some pets, simply because some are easier to obtain than some people like to think. The whole 'rare for a rare' will not fly with me because some pets are considered rare yet very easy to obtain while others are rare and very hard to obtain. I guess you can say within each rarity, I have my own value spectrum.

If selecting a pet from the Uncommon/Common trade area, a 'U' means a pet is uncommon and a 'C' means a pet is common, in my opinion. Consider this when sending a trade.

I have NO wishlist seeing is I have EVERY pet on the game! I usually look for rares or pets based off of their dates!
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 am

I agree. Usually trade rules with a lot of punctuation, capital letters, or threats just deter people who might want to make a reasonable trade and encourage people who like to be annoying. I've worked on mine a lot and I think I finally cut them down to something short and understandable:

Before you go any farther, please go here and read what it says. Believe me, it'll keep your trades from annoying people and getting canceled.

My rare and '08 trade pets are in a separate group that I've disabled because I got so many annoying offers for them. If you'd like to see them just click here.

Also, I don't value items very highly, so they won't be of much use on your end of a trade. This also means that I'll trade pretty much any non-store item that's not equipped to any of my pets, and even some that are.

If you're interested in trading pets on my wishlist for any store items/pets or art please PM me! ^^

- - - - - - - - - - -

Click here for my wishlist!

-- I will do even exchanges of pets from the same litter
If they both have the same rarity (e.g. green sorbet for blue sorbet).

-- The only pets I will trade a lot for are the ones on my wishlist
(see above for the link)

-- Don't ask me to 'edit' or look through your pets.
If your side of the trade is blank don't send it.

-- None of my pets are up for adoption. Ever.
I don't care if you're new. I don't care if it's pretty. I don't care if it's your dream pet. It's not free.

-- Quality is better than quantity
Twenty common pets are not worth a rare one.

-- Please try to keep both sides of the trade small
If there are a lot of pets to look at I can't really decide if I like your offer.

-- Rarity ratings are not very specific
i.e. an uncommon for an uncommon isn't always equal in my eyes, so I may cancel what you see as fair.

If you ignore any part of my trade rules your trade will be canceled.

It seems to work pretty well, as the important parts are in bold but not obnoxiously big or with all caps. The first section is in paragraph form because it can be ignored-- it's just extra information.

My general policy with trade messages is that if they don't send a message I won't; if they send a message and violate my rules my cancellation message is simply "Read my trade rules." It gets the point across much better than an angry flame message, believe me.
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corporal Levi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:19 am

Thank you so much for this guide! I myself have been getting sick of trade ruules because of how they sounded mean.
Corporal Levi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shai » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm

I don't think my rules are too bad...

My trade rules.

1. I am happy to edit trades.
2. I can't get C$, so that is always a good offer.
3. If a group is locked, there is a reason.
4. I really want
Wishlist Pets.
5. Please put a message with your trade.
6. Please, no chatspeak!
7. If the group is locked, it isn't for trade, unless you PM me and we work something out.
8. You can offer whatever you want, but PLEASE, make your offer fair!
Derp. Derp.
Shai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't want to change the tone of my rules. I prefer that I carry a certain tone. I would like advice on how to reword some of the sections to be more concise and clearer. Like does anyone have advice on how to word the section on how an 09 pet in January is not worth a June 09 pet? I'm just not good with wording.

I'm not giving my rare pets for common pets.

The pet's adoption date are on them. Please pay attention to them. If you only have pets adopted in 09 then you cannot trade for pets adopted in 08.

Additionally you cannot trade a pet you JUST got for a Jan 09 pet, even if they are the same 'rarity'. I prefer to trade pets that are within three to four months of each other.

If the pets are not in a trade section then they are not for trade. Duh.

Please have SOME grasp of the English language. This means no leet or chatspeak.
U R and B are not words. Capitalize "I" and the first word of a sentence. Not difficult. I don't want to have to translate what you're saying into something comprehensible.

I'm in school now. So usually I don't get to looking at open-ended trades until I have spare time.

I do not trade my 08 pets for anything released in 09!

and finally, I don't fly with the "you have two" reasoning. Usually when I have two, it is because I traded very well to have two. Okay?

I collect the following pets and will happily trade for them fairly:
(picture of hoard pets)

I will trade items you can currently get in the store for CS pets or items given out that you cannot buy :)

I do not trade items that you cannot currently buy.

I cancel without a message if you have failed to read and comply.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Honey Dew wrote:I don't think my rules are too bad...

My trade rules.

1. I am happy to edit trades.
2. I can't get C$, so that is always a good offer.
3. If a group is locked, there is a reason.
4. I really want
Wishlist Pets.
5. Please put a message with your trade.
6. Please, no chatspeak!
7. If the group is locked, it isn't for trade, unless you PM me and we work something out.
8. You can offer whatever you want, but PLEASE, make your offer fair!

Looks good =)
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:51 pm

-Firestar- wrote:I don't want to change the tone of my rules. I prefer that I carry a certain tone. I would like advice on how to reword some of the sections to be more concise and clearer. Like does anyone have advice on how to word the section on how an 09 pet in January is not worth a June 09 pet? I'm just not good with wording.

I'm not giving my rare pets for common pets.

The pet's adoption date are on them. Please pay attention to them. If you only have pets adopted in 09 then you cannot trade for pets adopted in 08.

Additionally you cannot trade a pet you JUST got for a Jan 09 pet, even if they are the same 'rarity'. I prefer to trade pets that are within three to four months of each other.

If the pets are not in a trade section then they are not for trade. Duh.

Please have SOME grasp of the English language. This means no leet or chatspeak.
U R and B are not words. Capitalize "I" and the first word of a sentence. Not difficult. I don't want to have to translate what you're saying into something comprehensible.

I'm in school now. So usually I don't get to looking at open-ended trades until I have spare time.

and finally, I don't fly with the "you have two" reasoning. Usually when I have two, it is because I traded very well to have two. Okay?

I collect the following pets and will happily trade for them fairly:
(picture of hoard pets)

I will trade items you can currently get in the store for CS pets or items given out that you cannot buy :)

I do not trade items that you cannot currently buy.

I cancel without a message if you have failed to read and comply.

Wellll... dropping the part about trying to make it sound nice and concentrating on making it easy to understand, you could do something like this:

"I will not, for example, trade a rare January 09 pet for a rare January 2010. As the January 09 pet is older, that also makes it rarer."

Putting that just following your first bit about not trading 08s for 09s.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondragon007 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 am

Here's my trade message. What's your opinion?

If I have sent you a SUGGESTION - which is most of the time - please do not cancel before you check in my Trades - I might have what you're looking for in there! If I have sent a trade that seem unfair, that's because I expect to bargain back and forth till we're both happy. I am willing to adjust what pets of yours I am asking for, just let me know if that's what you want.

Only those in the groups To trade are available for trade, regardless of the trade status of the other group (in case I forget to change the setting when creating the group).

Note: the items on the orange rat are available for separate trades. Please tell me what you want to trade so I can remove them from the rat. These are the ONLY items I am willing to trade.

Thanks!
Moondragon007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me