The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Postby ewe » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:00 pm

DaDwarf wrote:
Littlestripe wrote:What if someone gathered, say, 1000 of a VR pet, then deleted 999 of them. Would said pet be promoted to an OMGSR? Also, do pets disappear forever when you delete them?

The chance of something going up in rarity is very small because you'd need to delete an immense number of pets. I doubt deleting 999 of a VR will make it go omgsorare. In theory, if you deleted a large sum of a certain pet, yes it will go up in rarity. But the exact number we don't know and as soon as people realize that you are collecting VR's to delete people will stop trading them to you xD If you would say 'this VR has 2000 copies' then deleting 999 will make it go up. But we will never get the exact number of pets!

Yes, once deleted a pet is gone forever.

Okay, thanks! And yeah, if I knew someone was taking my pet just to delete it, I wouldn't give it to them :3
im quitting take my stuff
ewe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roarette » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:47 pm

This is such a stupid question... xD. But what does "Demand" mean?
Roarette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:18 am

Roarette wrote:This is such a stupid question... xD. But what does "Demand" mean?

Demand is basically how many people want something, how much they want it, and how much of that thing there is. For example, the Shims long tail is a regular 2009 rare. As far as I know, it's not any more rare than any of the other pets from that release, but it goes for a lot more because of demand. Lots of people want the shima, and there are a lot more people who want the it than there are shimas to go around. As a result, people pay more than it's really worth so that they can be the one to get the shima. Sometimes demand can also feed more demand. When a pet becomes very popular, some people start to want it because it's popular. That can further drive up demand and the cost of the pet.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roarette » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:12 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:
Roarette wrote:This is such a stupid question... xD. But what does "Demand" mean?

Demand is basically how many people want something, how much they want it, and how much of that thing there is. For example, the Shims long tail is a regular 2009 rare. As far as I know, it's not any more rare than any of the other pets from that release, but it goes for a lot more because of demand. Lots of people want the shima, and there are a lot more people who want the it than there are shimas to go around. As a result, people pay more than it's really worth so that they can be the one to get the shima. Sometimes demand can also feed more demand. When a pet becomes very popular, some people start to want it because it's popular. That can further drive up demand and the cost of the pet.

Thank you so so much!
Roarette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxtoxicwolvezxX » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:50 am

Ok. So. I have two light Blue-Faced Rainbow Drafts with one having red front legs and the other with pink front legs. They are both 2009 VR's. here are the pets:
1.) Image
2.)Image

First question: Which one is more rarer? Or are they both of the same rarity?
Second question: What would the first draft be worth? What would the second be worth?
Third Question: Is this pet high in demand? Would someone trade fairly good pets for them?

Thats really all I have to ask, hopefully someone has the answers to my questions!
XxtoxicwolvezxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☽isa☾ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 am

how many recent (2016-2015) rares would it take for a 2009 rare pet? (Not high demand)
Thanks!

☽isa☾

if you ever see my post,
dont be afraid to trade
with me! im always happy
for new trades

in case youre bored heres
a music recommend <3 ill
change it once in a while

"Time passes by so fast
I remember the time when we
tossed our lives just like wishing coins
Boy didn’t know a lot,
I think I’m still the same
"
yestoday - nct u

Image Image
Image Image

- isa
nct dream

ImageImage

☽isa☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Anneisawesome wrote:how many recent (2016-2015) rares would it take for a 2009 rare pet? (Not high demand)
Thanks!

'15 rares alone would be around 64 rarity wise however the likelihood of finding someone with that many who is willing to trade that many for an '09 rares is pretty slim.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *RainbowCow* » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:46 am

I was just wondering if this trade is fair. I wasn't sure at first: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... sQixd-Y4qg
*RainbowCow*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queenhoneybee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:54 am

hi, i'm not 100% sure if i understand tiers correctly..
i've got the blue snowflake scarf dog, which is tier 1;
does that mean if someone would offer on this pet and they'd want to give me, let's say.. i don't know, this sockdog from tier 10?
would it be all in all fair? obviously not considering demands right now, i'm just a little lost inbetween the tiers. considering they're both from the same list, it might be okay since it's "just a swap" within the same list(again, i'm not looking at demand at this moment), but would it be okay since they're both a different tier? thank you! ♥
queenhoneybee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:58 am

SnowFlake-Storm wrote:
hi, i'm not 100% sure if i understand tiers correctly..
i've got the blue snowflake scarf dog, which is tier 1;
does that mean if someone would offer on this pet and they'd want to give me, let's say.. i don't know, this sockdog from tier 10?
would it be all in all fair? obviously not considering demands right now, i'm just a little lost inbetween the tiers. considering they're both from the same list, it might be okay since it's "just a swap" within the same list(again, i'm not looking at demand at this moment), but would it be okay since they're both a different tier? thank you! ♥

Yikes, nope.

The pets are listed from most to least valuable. Top to Bottom.

The bottom tier of the Advent List holds the pets worth the least on the list while the top tier of the Main List holds the pets that are worth the most! The higher you go, the more the pets are worth. The lower you go, the less the pets are worth.

This is in the first post of the Rares List thread. The List isn't supposed to be very strict, but it's not supposed to be that fluid 0.0;;; If there are a bunch of tiers between two pets, then the pet on the higher tier is definitely worth more! "Just a swap within the same list" doesn't exist, because within each list, the pets at the top are worth significantly more than the pets at the bottom. (This is the case for the current organization of the Rares List; if you see the organization change in the future, then this may or may not still be true)

That Sockdog is worth 2-3 of that Scarf dog that you have. So a Sockdog would be pretty significant overpay. (This is just for the Advent list; a Dark Leopard is overpay for a Red Dragon by a different amount, but it's still significant overpay, so same idea)

(Sorry if this came off as curt/etc; not meant to be that way at all! I'm just a little alarmed and I want to correct your understanding ASAP so that you don't get badly ripped off or accidentally offend someone or something xD; )
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me