CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - collecting UR pet info

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:15 pm

I don't think that would have impacted their releases at all, so probably not worth mentioning in the UR information section.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 pm

As for mentioning the pets that are the rarest per species--I think it could be of use to people who collect certain species or people who work on collections one species at a time, but I feel like there might be downsides to pointing them out (maybe accidentally suggesting they're worth even more than usual because they are The Rarest), and I think people should be able to figure out which ones are the rarest by species from the rarity tags: just look for the OMGSR ones
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:43 pm

^ and technically now you can’t be certain. Going off of rarity changes helps for sure, but I’d avoid saying or making any statement you don’t have factual numbers to back you up.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:05 pm

For some it's really obvious like UR Butterfly Wolf. But you are probably right that it may unintentionally influence trade values.

Looking at the rarity change data, is it fair to say that UR Tiger and UR Rat are likely to have similar rarities? Or do the complex nature of rereleases suggest that that would be an outdated statement? I just feel like UR Rat is less loved than it should be. It turned OMGSR the same month as the coveted tiger dog though. Maybe just a statement pointing this out, but also mentioning that because neither returned to VR we cannot know how they compare in terms of rarity anymore?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:31 pm

I wouldn't mention how much it's loved, but the last part sounds fine. "UR Rat turned OMGSR at the same time the UR Tiger did. Neither pet returned to VR." ?

Also, I got lost at the talk with the graphs... Not sure if it's still going on or stated, but I think graphing out how/when each pet changed rarity may start to get too specific for this time of guide? I would fear it would start to get into a bit too much of tiers of pet rarity like the RL.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm

nickjr wrote:A UR Mall... -drools at the image- It would be so grand... Imagine the splendour of a scene that we adopt right out of the big question mark box

anyway You guys are right and I was only half-right--yep those Malk foxes I linked are placed correctly in Dec 2010, not Advent 2010, in the archives =P BUT

there was a separate box for rereleased Malk pets, and it included the UR Malk (becomes clearer as you go through the search results)

I did a little bit of researching about this myself just now because I was curious about something. 2010 was the same year that some store pets accidentally got included in the rerelease. I know for sure because I managed to adopt the Orange Cerberus myself (and through my researching found out I even had the audacity to complain about that being the only good thing I got and now look where we're at LOL).

But anyway, I was curious if I had gotten it from the Malk box since it was technically a Malk pet and maybe that's how the mixup happened. Turns out, though, that I did not and I did get the Orange Cerberus from the normal December 18th box that year and not the Malk box. I don't remember if what other store pets were accidentally rereleased that year.

Would that maybe be something important to point out somewhere, just as a small tidbit so that people know that they do exist? And just for some good historical information on the store pets it happened to? We still have mine if you need to see it.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Cellar x Elijah wrote:
nickjr wrote:A UR Mall... -drools at the image- It would be so grand... Imagine the splendour of a scene that we adopt right out of the big question mark box

anyway You guys are right and I was only half-right--yep those Malk foxes I linked are placed correctly in Dec 2010, not Advent 2010, in the archives =P BUT

there was a separate box for rereleased Malk pets, and it included the UR Malk (becomes clearer as you go through the search results)

I did a little bit of researching about this myself just now because I was curious about something. 2010 was the same year that some store pets accidentally got included in the rerelease. I know for sure because I managed to adopt the Orange Cerberus myself (and through my researching found out I even had the audacity to complain about that being the only good thing I got and now look where we're at LOL).

But anyway, I was curious if I had gotten it from the Malk box since it was technically a Malk pet and maybe that's how the mixup happened. Turns out, though, that I did not and I did get the Orange Cerberus from the normal December 18th box that year and not the Malk box. I don't remember if what other store pets were accidentally rereleased that year.

Would that maybe be something important to point out somewhere, just as a small tidbit so that people know that they do exist? And just for some good historical information on the store pets it happened to? We still have mine if you need to see it.

~ElijahWilkes

If I recall correctly, I believe the skelebun was also re-released that year since I recall someone having one from Dec. 18th.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 pm

lucky333123 wrote:
Cellar x Elijah wrote:

~ElijahWilkes

If I recall correctly, I believe the skelebun was also re-released that year since I recall someone having one from Dec. 18th.

Ooh yes, the Orange Cerb and Skelebun were rereleased in both 2009 and 2010
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks nick!

I also wonder if it might be good on the first page to include something about how rarities are given to allow users to know that rarities also take into factor how many pets are on active accounts, so the total number of a pet currently on active accounts may not be the total number of a specific pet on the site. I feel like it is something a lot of users tend to miss or don't seem to realize.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

The cerby and skelebun being in the rereleases is already in the store pet guide ^^
We should def make note of UR Malk being in a different box.

We can do a little write up about rarities on the front page, do you have anything specific in mind? Maybe just a short summary and a picture of the different rarity tags would be good.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me