CS Rares+ Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Poll 3: How would you like valuable pets to be tiered?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

-By non value, like how the FTT does, and structured like the old list was!
29%
-I'd like to see a new way of sorting the list! (Comment your idea!)
27%
-I just want to see the results.
44%

Total votes : 160

Re: CS Rares List Guide [Vote in Poll 3!]

Postby Kittytalia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 am

@Eatha: I've underlined the part on the first post that says that this guide is not official c:

Another note: A name change is being debated as we speak.

Edit: The name change has been implemented. It will not be changed again unless a dire need arises.
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby In The Darke » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:19 am

I feel really sorry for the thread owner.
The main problem currently on this thread is everyone complaining about it being a list that it isn't. Mostly because it currently is not a list, just a work in progress.

The only circles I see are the negative comments repeating the same thing. It's great all you guys agree on the problems of the old list, but this one hasn't even had a chance to start and you are all ready to rip apart someone else's idea.

Have any of you seen the poll? I voted for a new way to organise, I'd personally love to see a more info based list than strictly trade for trade, like instead Zonkey = Coontail because of fluctuating demand, a more "these omgsrs have all been omgsr forever, these turned within a year of each other and have smaller gaps etc but I don't know how that could possibly be usable with the current style of trading, and demand will always factor. No one would trade a banana for a Sunback, unless the Sunback user somehow wanted a banana, and had nothing else they would rather trade?
The only way I see to make a list is to try to track as much information as possible and have multiple people trying to collaborate that info into something that would make a sturdy baseline, updated each rarity update with those changes plus any relevant trades within that month to show evidence that a pet may have more demand/value, but then a standard needs set of how often a pet should go for something for that to not be considered overpay. So much needs to be agreed on, but also have flexibility incase those standards are challenged. All of this takes time, effort and dedication. Kudos to the thread owner for being up to that challenge. And you have my empathy for having to deal with the mob mentality.

Either way, I am utterly miserable and all these bees in bonnets isn't improving my mood. My advice is that we should all attempt to be positive and constructive, than pessimistic, cynical and overly critical. I believe we all know it's not very nice to feel that people are talking down to you, and there seems to be a bit of a shadow on this thread before its really had a chance. The last 10+ pages have had very little ideas and too many criticisms.

I'm not gonna post for a bit cause honestly I feel awkward now, but since we all enjoy a long winded farewell, one lay post before bed seemed only natural. Hopefully the next time I'met on this thread, we're all debating the efficency of our ideas for organisation in preparation for positioning pets with whichever relevant info we feel is necessary to get the right message across. Tattie byes.
αιи'т иσ вℓα∂є ¢αи ρяσтє¢т уσυ fяσм тнє тяυє тяυє

Lornsome night,
babbits bawlin',
wind bitin' the bone.
Wind like this,
full of voices.
Ancestry howlin' at you;
Now, find you devil,
Old Georgie himself.
Now you hear up close
and I'll yarn you about
the first time we met
eye to eye.
'you bring the stories'.
All their voices
tied up into one.
One voice different,
one voice whispering
out there,
spying from the dark.

In The Darke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 am

In The Darke wrote:I feel really sorry for the thread owner.
The main problem currently on this thread is everyone complaining about it being a list that it isn't. Mostly because it currently is not a list, just a work in progress.

The only circles I see are the negative comments repeating the same thing. It's great all you guys agree on the problems of the old list, but this one hasn't even had a chance to start and you are all ready to rip apart someone else's idea.

Have any of you seen the poll? I voted for a new way to organise, I'd personally love to see a more info based list than strictly trade for trade, like instead Zonkey = Coontail because of fluctuating demand, a more "these omgsrs have all been omgsr forever, these turned within a year of each other and have smaller gaps etc but I don't know how that could possibly be usable with the current style of trading, and demand will always factor. No one would trade a banana for a Sunback, unless the Sunback user somehow wanted a banana, and had nothing else they would rather trade?
The only way I see to make a list is to try to track as much information as possible and have multiple people trying to collaborate that info into something that would make a sturdy baseline, updated each rarity update with those changes plus any relevant trades within that month to show evidence that a pet may have more demand/value, but then a standard needs set of how often a pet should go for something for that to not be considered overpay. So much needs to be agreed on, but also have flexibility incase those standards are challenged. All of this takes time, effort and dedication. Kudos to the thread owner for being up to that challenge. And you have my empathy for having to deal with the mob mentality.

Either way, I am utterly miserable and all these bees in bonnets isn't improving my mood. My advice is that we should all attempt to be positive and constructive, than pessimistic, cynical and overly critical. I believe we all know it's not very nice to feel that people are talking down to you, and there seems to be a bit of a shadow on this thread before its really had a chance. The last 10+ pages have had very little ideas and too many criticisms.

I'm not gonna post for a bit cause honestly I feel awkward now, but since we all enjoy a long winded farewell, one lay post before bed seemed only natural. Hopefully the next time I'met on this thread, we're all debating the efficency of our ideas for organisation in preparation for positioning pets with whichever relevant info we feel is necessary to get the right message across. Tattie byes.

Honestly. I agree-

Everyone is repeating the same points, that Have been refuted only to be met with the same thing copied and pasted another 70 times.

Ideas are also met with criticisms and hate. It’s petty :/
Do not ask for or share my toyhouse.

Commission inquiries

off oekaki character designs
phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dawnchu » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:33 am

DrMoneyBags wrote:Ideas are also met with criticisms and hate. It’s petty :/

we are not "hating" on ideas? also, criticism isn't always a bad thing! considering that this guide is just starting out, the community has every right to express their concerns with any ideas that are put out.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ i'd do anything for you, but would you do that for me too? ✼

i own a couple threads, and some are linked down there. click the stars!
feel free to send me a trade or pm! i hope i can make your day a bit better.

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

utau0223 wrote:

we are not "hating" on ideas? also, criticism isn't always a bad thing! considering that this guide is just starting out, the community has every right to express their concerns with any ideas that are put out.

Agreed. No one is "hating" on the ideas here.
We're expressing our concerns that it's going to end up like the original List.
Which apparently counts as hating now, so I'm not really sure what ya'll want.

If this is actually going to be a community project, you're going to have to take the "hating" into consideration and actually listen to concerns people have instead of just repeating criticism = bad over and over again.
Last edited by Xiao_Jian on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jiloon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

utau0223 wrote:

Yeah... except that the person who started up this thread really put themselves out there to try and bring a little order to the mayhem left by the retirement of the old Rares List, even if only a few people follow it. I get that they made it seem like it'll be the next official "non official" guide, but give'em a break. They put it out there knowing it would get a lot of criticism, but perhaps instead of going after them for trying to put together a guide for people who trade like them, you could just give positive input?

If you don't like how this list is organized, don't use it.
: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . :

. : .

. : .

: . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

just here for the vibes

Jiloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Rares+ Guide [Vote in Poll 3!]

Postby emmalou » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am

There’s been so much talk about this but I’m 100% on board for it. I feel now that people have been without a list, it’s given people freedom to trade away from what the old list expected. This brings in a ton of different trades and all sorts of things to consider, so the “expect to pay this much or more” probably wouldn’t be so extremely out there, if that makes sense? I’m totally here for it despite all of the different opinions. c:
em - adult - ⋆୨♡୧⋆
xxxsemi-active
emmalou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Rares+ Guide [Vote in Poll 3!]

Postby Kittytalia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 am

About that
I do appreciate all the support/criticisms! It shows that everyone truly does care about how this website is doing <3
But in regards to what @DrMoneyBags said, I can agree that I have noticed a trend with certain topics being bounced around, even after they should have been resolved. We have to remember to be careful about that.

Still a community guide.
I'm being sure to consider everything that everyone is saying, even if it isn't aimed pleasantly at me. I can't please everyone, but I can at least get a working guide in order. c;
Once pets are placed on the first list as well, it will be completely up to the community to accept or revoke their placements.
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FallenOrpheus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:54 am

Xiao_Jian wrote:
utau0223 wrote:

If this is actually going to be a community project, you're going to have to take the "hating" into consideration and actually listen to concerns people have instead of just repeating criticism = bad over and over again.

Not to mention, criticism being repeated is a surefire way to tell that something isn't wanted.
FallenOrpheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm

The Radio Demon wrote:
Xiao_Jian wrote:[quote="utau0223"Ideas are also met with criticisms and hate. It’s petty :/

Not to mention, criticism being repeated is a surefire way to tell that something isn't wanted.[/quote]

I wasn’t referring to the criticism itself (worded that kinda poorly). Moreso, Its from the passive-aggressiveness that is no doubt present in a lot of posts. Like the steam of people saying “lol” in response to things (not sure if those have been cleaned up yet)

And repeated criticism is also fine, but long after conversations have ceased people bring up the same thing.. again. And argue, to no end. It’s not helpful?
Constructive criticism is helpful. I wouldn’t consider “don’t make it” especially constructive. Nor is just listing everything you hate about it.
Ideas aren’t being built on, we are getting nowhere. Op has made it clear they’re continuing regardless of whether you think they should- so quit saying it’s going to turn out this way or that way and make suggestions that would make it better than the other list.

And, as a footnote
You can’t look at me and say you haven’t seen people being overly sarcastic and negative toward op, who has been friendly and taken very few steps to even defend themselves despite the dislike.
That’s moreso what I’m referring to.
Do not ask for or share my toyhouse.

Commission inquiries

off oekaki character designs
phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me