June 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: June 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby Buster2918 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:38 pm

Apyrisol wrote:Honestly a little mad no gay man flags were used, like the Vincian one or the Cinthean flag. Achillean is pretty broad in what it includes compared to the ones i mentioned, and a lot of gay men don't really identify with it especially because it's a different identity from "homosexual man" in most cases. All that as well as the straight flag being incorperated into one of the designs kind of also upset me. I love my transhet siblings, but the straight flag has only ever been used as a tool to opress LGBT+ folk, and "straight" has never and will never be an identity celebrated during pride.

That said all the pets do look lovely and I'm glad there is such variety in the identites being celebrated with these litters, but please try to keep the heterosexual pride out of real pride collections, it's insulting.

keep in mind that i think it goes without saying that only straight, respectful individuals who SUPPORT the lgbtq+ movement are the target demographic with representation on here. each sexuality deserves love and respect, so long as they're not a terrible person by whatever you deem terrible to be. im bi, so this isnt from someone who is straight. however, i was confused with my sexuality for a long time, but straight and lgbtq+ members alike both supported me in my journey and questioning
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊
xxxx𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂.𝙾. 💜

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexx©xxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Yaay, new month! :D
I'll fawn over the new pets later when I get on my computer after work <3

But I gotta say I appreciate that Pride Month got its own event now. Not gonna lie, the Pride takeover of June was getting out of hand. June is not just Pride Month, it's also just a regular month.
I obviously don't mind Pride pets, gotta love me some rainbow pets and I am actually also part of the community even though I'm not loud about, I'm ace ^.^
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CosmicCat » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm

-icarus- wrote:
Appleberry Crumble wrote:Does anyone know what all the flag mice are? I'm wanting to give them all their flag names but I don't know what a lot are (:

I've named all my ponies and mice what I believe/know the flags are here ^^

Thank you for your help with identifying all the mousies and ponies!
CosmicCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowrails » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:42 pm

I just realized, is this one demiboy? :0

EDIT:
gravy wrote:
Apyrisol wrote:Honestly a little mad no gay man flags were used, like the Vincian one or the Cinthean flag. Achillean is pretty broad in what it includes compared to the ones i mentioned, and a lot of gay men don't really identify with it especially because it's a different identity from "homosexual man" in most cases. All that as well as the straight flag being incorperated into one of the designs kind of also upset me. I love my transhet siblings, but the straight flag has only ever been used as a tool to opress LGBT+ folk, and "straight" has never and will never be an identity celebrated during pride.

That said all the pets do look lovely and I'm glad there is such variety in the identites being celebrated with these litters, but please try to keep the heterosexual pride out of real pride collections, it's insulting.

Could someone show me the heterosexual pride pets? Is it the lion? I’m curious to know which one(s) are themed after that?

I’m quite surprised CS did that honestly

It might be the lion, but considering the transhet part of what they said, I think they mean the trans ally pony:
Last edited by Meowrails on Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean ☆ they/them

Not too active anymore
Will make customs or art for wishlist pets!
I like Kagepro, Saiki K, WOF, Minecraft, and Pokemon if you wanna talk in my pms

Was Bulbsaur from 2015-2019
Pardner in crime

ImageImageImage
Meowrails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 pm

Do we know how many mice there are, and what flags they are holding? Would love to name them after their flag!
General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gravy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 pm

Could someone show me the heterosexual pride pets? Is it the lion? I’m curious to know which one(s) are themed after that?

[quote="-icarus-"]Image
if this egg is what I think it is, we might have mlm rep this year actually !

Just putting this here as well:)

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm

There are no heterosexual pride flags in these litters. Those are the ally flag(lion) and the trans ally flag(pony).
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Vellichor. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm

Ecstatic about the pride event, especially with the flag variety this year! It's fun seeing new flags I've never seen before and researching them for the first time. And you always make sure to make some stellar designs, for example I absolutely adore the mice! I always look forward to the June pets these days. The addition of new items is awesome and I'm excited to make use of these. Lots of cute trans flag stuff that I'm going to have a blast with, when dressing up!

On a non-design standpoint - It is an especially hard time for the LGBTQ+ community; Thank you to staff for continuing to embrace and defend your LGBTQ+ userbase, without expecting fanfare or money for it. It makes Chicken Smoothie stand out from the rest and I feel safe to be myself here. And I understand some of the criticisms a few folks have about certain flags not being represented, or concerns about the ally flag. Thankfully y'all usually do a really solid job of listening so it's great to see that dialogue is so open.

I'm feeling sappy, don't mind me. But thanks for standing with us when others are backing away. <3

»──────────────────── Image ────────────────────«

The Doctor | They/It/He | Adult

"Never be cruel. Never be cowardly. Remember hate is always foolish,
and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

.Vellichor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:54 pm

So, for the confusion, I think they are talking about this months lion.

Which it's design resembles that of the ally flag

Not to get confused with the straight flag which is just black/white striped and looks like a prison jumpsuit LOL
General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:57 pm

CosmicCat wrote:
-icarus- wrote:
Appleberry Crumble wrote:Does anyone know what all the flag mice are? I'm wanting to give them all their flag names but I don't know what a lot are (:

I've named all my ponies and mice what I believe/know the flags are here ^^

Thank you for your help with identifying all the mousies and ponies!

For anyone who want's a cohesive list on for the Rat/Mouse flags:
Happy Pride Everyone!

Image - Pride Flag
Image - Philadelphia Pride
Image - Intersex
Image - Lesbian (5 stripe)
Image - Lesbian (7 stripe)
Image - Bisexual
Image - Genderfluid
Image - Asexual
Image - Demisexual
Image - Demiromantic
Image - Aromantic
Image - Agender
Image - Demiboy
Image - Demigirl
Image - Intersex
Image - Trans
Image - Achillean
Image - Sapphic
Image - Pansexual
Image - Nonbinary
Image - Genderqueer
Last edited by BlueHeart ❤ on Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art lines by: SpindleSpice
Colour/Edits by Me ~
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items