*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *New* UR Peach Poll! Vote!

Postby Solloby » Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Why does it need to be added to the gaps list? The gaps list is problematic, there's a reason it's not on the front page of the thread. This is supposed to be a guide, not a hard rulebook for what exact value you must pay for a pet.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Solloby wrote:Why does it need to be added to the gaps list? The gaps list is problematic, there's a reason it's not on the front page of the thread. This is supposed to be a guide, not a hard rulebook for what exact value you must pay for a pet.

I agree. There is no need to add it to the gap list.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sat May 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Just popping to say bring up a point I brought up last month, to have a separate list for Store pets, since we're now discussing the Skelebun.
I do believe it got some positive feedback to help deal with the unnecessary demand of some store pets by placing them according to their true rarities (or as close as we can get without the actual data).
I have a prototype so far which includes dates released and links to the earliest known dates to rarity changes, as I believe this is vital in correct placing as people have solid data that it's correct placement. Please let me know if you'd like to see it; I haven't yet added any Store pets released after the Marionette Set.

I also agree with Solloby in that the Gaps List is just terrible. Strong word know, but this List was to be a guide, with the Gaps List it's now law. Whoever created it has now instilled into people's minds that that's the worth of the pets and anything else is simply not correct. As Solloby very correctly stated.

Whilst the Gaps List shouldn't exist as it stands, I do believe that it is important should people agree to go forth with the separate List idea as a bridge would need to be created for comparison between them. Or, a simple bridge between what is deemed larger gaps in rarities.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun May 20, 2018 2:08 am

Well the gaps list is here, though. We can’t just leave one tier off of the gaps list? Especially since people do always ask ‘what’s the gap between this and that’? And what other way would there be to figure it out?
Unless you have a suggestion for an alternative we can’t just go leaving one new tier off I feel, people would then have more to say about it being incomplete and not up to date.

@Takk ahh ok yes I see what you’re reasoning is now on that thank you lol. especially now that I’ve slept and my brain is functioning. So that is a good option I would be down for.

@nickjr you make a solid point for having that as an option for the polls so people can vote if they have no opinion one way or another. As I said I’m not opposed to keeping it for the next poll. Should we get equal votes for it as another tier is when I would have the problem. =)

Edit- @Mozzy. While I fully agree a separate list would be a good idea, a separate store list would also take a TON of time to put together on this current list as it stands. I do think that the rarity list will have a separate store list, but at this moment I don’t think we could manage one in this list with all the other things we need to discuss and place? It could definitely be something for future discussion for this list, if the rarity list takes even longer than expected?
And while I read you have a rarity draft of it in place, it would still need a lot of discussion and facts and etc that I see could take well over half a year to a year with the rate we’ve gone so far. =) we desperately need to place things first, I feel.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun May 20, 2018 3:30 am

@Solloby - Until we have the rarity only list, we need to have a gap list of sorts. It's impossible to answer trade fairness question without it, and if we disregard it completely, then 3 sorbets no longer equal a non and the gap between a UR Lion and Dog Tag can be whatever people want it to be. However, when we know exact rarity numbers, I think we can make something new in it's place.

There's so much to do and decide, there needs to be like 100 clones of us all at any given moment to try and get things done. XP
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am

I personally dont see a need to add the peach to the gaps list, its broken anyways. The joker doesnt have a rarity on there and it does just fine. The same with the ice rat, its whole tier isnt even on there and thats fine too. Let people themselves decided what the gap is. The gaps arent as easy as saying ‘its exactly in the middle’. Gaps never worked like that, its not math.

Nothing changes about the tiers around the peach. Three sorbs is still a non, the peach is just between the nons and the holly. People know those both gaps so they can use their own judgement to what might be the worth in between that. Some might say a september more then the holly, others might say a september less then the nons. It doesnt really matter much. The gap between the non and holly tier is only a green toxic so really, we are talking anout peanuts kinda.

@mozzy,the gaps list was created because people wanted it. We said right from the start it wasnt a good idea but worked on it because the community wanted one, or an even worse number math system.

We agreed on adding the missing pets to make this list useable again. We shouldnt now go about and remove store pets. That will happen with the rarity list if it ever gets finished. We are trying to make this list more up to date and useable until that list finally gets released so let's just continue moving and adding pets that need to be moved and added? We shouldnt put this to the side again, the skelebun is omg so rare and needs to go off the septembers list. It shouldve been moved a long time ago.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 pm

@ElementalInsanity
I've been working on it for about 2 months now, and have solid proof for all pets except the Orange Cerb and the Eat/Drink Me set. As far as I can research, there's no solid data on their rarities upon release and if/when they changed. But I would need more input from other users as this is just my interpretation and it's a community project. I don't believe that trade evidence is needed for this list considering some of the pets have insane user-based demand and it doesn't reflect the rarity at all. The trade evidence might place apart in the bridging gap list though to create to cohesiveness.

I do agree that there's more pressing matters, however at the rate we've placed the Peach I feel that the placement of each pet on the list shouldn't take more than a month. We've got people working on collating a list of trade evidence and even more inputting their opinions. If we can all divide and conquer, and this won't take very long to place at all.

And on the divide and conquer mentality; maybe we should have a team to start working on a list of the rest of the pets that need to be moved/placed and collect trade data for them. When the time comes around to discuss them, we'll already have most of what we need so placement will take even less time. I'm happy to put my own hand up to start?

@DaDwarf
I never said to outright remove the store pets, just that we should consider working on the separate list on the side to try and control the out of control nature of the pets and the demand they command.

On the Skelebun issue;
I personally think as it's one of the rarest on the site it should be somewhere in the top 10 tiers, but not in the top 3.
I can't say from trading experience though as I was gifted mine a long time ago, but have commonly seen it valued anywhere between 3-6 nons.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dibidibidis » Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 am

Hey y'all, I don't really consider myself active enough to really contribute too much to the List, but figured I could at least offer a bit of trade evidence;
2018-04-29
CEG, TD BA, UR Aussie were personally valued at 1 Non each, Liontail was valued at a Sorb. Everything else I valued at their respective list value. Total value is ~7 Nons + 1 Sorbet + Assorted rares/lower lists.
Note that I was very willing to overpay, so I'm not sure how much weight this should be given. ^^;

As for my two cents on the separate store pet list, I just wanted to point out that while that's a good idea in terms of rarity math/etc, it'd drive store pet demand to the point where people would really only trade store pets for other store pets. I've already seen that start to happen; separating/signalling them out is only going to make it worse. Idk, take my opinion with a grain of salt. xD
you did well today, you worked hard
04.08.1990-12.18.2017

(previously G a i u s)
dibidibidis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Tue May 22, 2018 3:58 am

I personally don't have a skelebunny but I do agree with those saying it should go on the Moonswirl tier. It seems very clear that the it's worth at least 3 nons according to trade evidence and some users value it anywhere up to 8 nons. Since the moonswirl is worth 4 nons, I think it'd make sense to put the skelebunny at the same tier because it keeps it within the range of what it's worth but not at a crazy high value. Afterall, the skelebunny is a store pet that will never be rerealeased therefore it will forever be an omgsr and its value can only increase.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 am

What I paid for my skelebun.

I considered myself lucky with this that the person wanted quantity of rare items but I’d value what I paid at about 6-6.5 nons. I would agree with putting the skelebun around the moonswirl tier.

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me