*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *New* UR Peach Poll! Vote!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 19, 2018 9:16 am

Crestalia wrote:I think they misunderstood what i was saying. I want to just differentiate between accepted and declined trades. Just like adding an asterisk to accepted trades or something.

It was suggested to remove any trades with high demand pets like the store pets and what not. I hope that clears up some confusion.

Sorry for any mistakes. I'm on mobile now.

I know the pain of mobile lol.

Ahhh ok ok. Definitely should be a difference in those I agree.
And I think there should be trades including low demand and high demand. Just perhaps in a different section as those are harder to pin down worth?

Edit: I also hate to say it, but maybe the next poll do we need to include the ‘don’t know but wanted to vote’? I mean the votes for that almost tie what the non tier and holly tier received and I feel it kind of skews the percentage?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat May 19, 2018 10:15 am

Idk, I thought it was a nice add on. Some people really aren't sure but don't have to be left out, it was kind of a nice way to leave the door open for less educated or unsure parts of the community *shrug* I don't think it added much to the poll, I agree it seems like an odd use of tie breaking votes but if we're trying to include the community it's nice for them I think
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Sat May 19, 2018 10:29 am

If someone is honestly unsure about where they'd place their vote, then I'd rather we'd have an option like that for them than them just picking one randomly or for no reason or just not voting at all. It allows them to be included in the vote without forcing them to make a decision that they're not sure of or don't have an opinion on. *shrugs*

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat May 19, 2018 10:32 am

I agree about that part being taken out, it's not helpful at all. I know it's to make everyone feel they can be involved, but it doesn't help solve the issue. If someone is unsure, they need to apply the same logic you would in a test. Don't answer, or look at the facts and guess.dWe lost a lot of votes to the "I don't know but I want to vote" option. I think it's a good idea to remove it. And no one has to vote if they don't want to, it's not manditory to being a member on CS. ^^'
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am

With the logic of "if they're not unsure, they need to not vote or guess", then we're forcing people to vote on something they don't feel comfortable voting toward or forcing them to feel left out because they can't choose any option at all. If we didn't have it there and none of those people voted at all, then we didn't lose any votes to that option. If we didn't have it and people guessed, then we'd have votes skewed by guesses and unsure answers, which isn't what we want. While it may not add anything to the poll for the actual outcome, I feel it's necessary for those types of people to allow them to feel included without forcing them to either not participate or vote an option they're unsure of.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 am

Really tho people can still be included without having to vote. There’s nothing blocking them from seeing the results without voting? I just see it as unnecessary. Not exactly a waste of votes as I want people to feel included, but at the same time in this poll it almost equaled the amount the two tiers got as I said..? And because of that I feel it shouldn’t be inlcluded as an option. That’s the only reason. Not because I don’t want people included or that they have to vote. Because they still don’t have to vote, they can still easily see results if they wish to.

Edit: redundancy is strong in my post sorry.
Just wanted to add on too that if people really don’t know what to pick and then change their mind the option will always be ticked for people to change their vote. I definitely don’t want people guessing or etc, since these choices need to be educated based on facts and not guesswork. But at the same time I don’t feel the extra option helps if it’s getting equal votes as the actual choices...?

I personally would prefer not to have it, but don’t see a huge problem with it for the next poll unless it pulls in a ton of votes, again. In which case then I would say we shouldn’t have it or should reconsider it.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat May 19, 2018 10:57 am

From someone who voted "I don't know but want to participate" and who often takes that option when voting anywhere if applicable and possible (yes I am embarrassed that the poll on one of my popular suggestion threads lacks an "abstain" option -crawls into hole-):

"I did not vote" in any situation often connotes either a logistical barrier to voting (e.g. physically unable to access polling place) or a lack of any kind of caring about the topic at hand, sometimes even just deliberate ignorance.

"Abstain" in any situation often connotes "I am aware of the situation and I am aware, to some degree, of both sides and I do not have a particularly strong opinion for either side"

so of course it's pretty awkward when one or both of those options is unavailable because then you have to follow up your answer to the question "Who/What did you vote for?" with the qualifier "because __________"

Reminds me of what happened one time in my choral group when we were voting on which songs to include in one of our concerts and it was a really close vote for the last song... I was one of literally 3 people who were present but did not vote (in our group of like 35+ members) and I was the most vocal non-voter saying "If we include song X, great! If we include song Y instead, great! I do not have a strong opinion either way! If I vote, I am misrepresenting my opinion!"

"But surely you must like one song more than the other!"

"Actually no I like them for different reasons but at the same magnitude overall"

It's nice to see an "abstain" option because it shows us how many people are, in fact, aware of the situation but simply do not feel strongly enough towards any option to vote for them. (It also opens up the possibility of that option getting a majority of votes, at which point we say "oh... well... dang...... I guess the CS community actually doesn't know and we're just hearing the vocal people")

And then, of course, there's the fact that some people may feel obligated to vote anyway (e.g. what if I wasn't so indignant and I gave in to my choral group's pressures and the director still didn't add an "abstain" option to the voting?

edit: they're really a great group lol this is literally my single gripe with them)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratonhnhaké:ton » Sat May 19, 2018 4:01 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:Looks good to me DD. I Mm not sure what the gap was that we had discussed and I suppose it’s something to discuss as well.

[snip]

takk suggested that the gap for the in-between tier for the peach be a red toxic. does this sound good to everyone? it seems about right imo.
ratonhnhaké:ton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 19, 2018 4:42 pm

the babadook wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:Looks good to me DD. I Mm not sure what the gap was that we had discussed and I suppose it’s something to discuss as well.

[snip]

takk suggested that the gap for the in-between tier for the peach be a red toxic. does this sound good to everyone? it seems about right imo.

Maybe if they show why it should be that? I’m not quite understanding how they came to that being the gap and etc. ^^” it’s late and my brain isn’t working, and regardless I think we need a more in depth discussion and decision on it than that, so others can see why and how as well.

Edit: @nickjr I will have to read your post later when I’m not falling asleep and reply coherently then lol.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

The only reason I chose a red toxic was because it was the exact middle. The only gap between the upper and lower tier is a balloon dog, not huge but too small. If we changed the gap to a gearback I think it’s just too close to being worth a non (in which case, why have it’s own tier at all?). That was my reasoning behind it being 2 sorbs + a red toxic, there is very little wiggle room between a green toxic and sorbet ^^”
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me