CS Wiki Update

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Wiki Update [Feedback Needed!]

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 am

Aside from names, what kinds of things would you all find most important in regards to updating the wiki? Are there any areas that should be focused on in particular, and is there anything that should be prioritized ahead of other updates/edits? What would make the wiki more useful in your opinion? Please provide any feedback you have so our team can figure out how to best approach the wiki project moving forward!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magpi3.14 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:58 am

I feel like having pictures of the pets under the name sections even if they don't have an 'official' name would be beneficial. I sometimes go to look at the groups of pets, and they haven't been updated for quite a few years. I do like that there is the box at the top of a page where you can see all the years available for the pets, and I think that should be included on the pages that display the pet images and/or names. Like here there is the box on top with all of the years included that second gens (minus anything 2020 and onward), and if I click on 2008, the page that it takes me to does not have that box at the top.

Thank you guys for doing the best that you are able to with the wiki! <3
Magpi3.14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Hallows Eve » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:11 am

Burrito Bunny wrote: What would make the wiki more useful in your opinion? Please provide any feedback you have so our team can figure out how to best approach the wiki project moving forward!

An expand all would be great instead of scrolling and expanding each month.
Make every pet category consistent, to be like the dog category.
For example, on the Category main page, either just have one pet category link like bunnies, or make bunnies show every year link on the main page.
And for every pet like butterfly wolf, show the blanket pet like dogs.
A search by name or key word with a link directly to that pet instead of the category would be nice.
Maybe a "new" by each category that has been updated in the past month.
Item Spreadsheet in Google Sheets through 2022: 2008-2022
I have a spreadsheet identifying 118 different 2021 UR Pumpkins (no re-release).
🎊 You've collected at least 12000 different pets! πŸŽ‰
All Hallows Eve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:28 pm

All Hallows Eve wrote:An expand all would be great instead of scrolling and expanding each month.

Just responding to this real quick, sorry for cutting the rest off:
If anyone here has the Knowledge(TM) working with wiki stuff please please post or PM me about how to implement an "expand/collapse all" option in MediaWiki because I've actually gone bonkers trying to do exactly this but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.
This one is like, at the top of my list of things to change abt the wiki but I don't know how :'D
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fae » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:02 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Aside from names, what kinds of things would you all find most important in regards to updating the wiki? Are there any areas that should be focused on in particular, and is there anything that should be prioritized ahead of other updates/edits? What would make the wiki more useful in your opinion? Please provide any feedback you have so our team can figure out how to best approach the wiki project moving forward!

Deeper updates on the 2nd/3rd Gen Pets and their parents; I noticed a few are missing from recent years, and it helps me keep track of everyone. (2019 2nd Gen Chickens are totally missing from the wiki).

idk how to implement this, but an easier way to reach the guides?
Still Searching For: UR Bee, UR Peach and PPS Bugs from 2021 to complete collection of Bwolves. Current Collection Up To Date As Of 12/01/23.

Seeking to complete collection; any missing Bwolves are on my WL and I will happily trade for them.

I trade FR Gems & Treasure for CS Pets on my WL or CS$; Msg or Send a Trade for Details

Malevolente is my sister; we trade sometimes and share an IP. Please don't ban us.
Fae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby topmarks » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 am

ZΞ•L wrote:
All Hallows Eve wrote:An expand all would be great instead of scrolling and expanding each month.

Just responding to this real quick, sorry for cutting the rest off:
If anyone here has the Knowledge(TM) working with wiki stuff please please post or PM me about how to implement an "expand/collapse all" option in MediaWiki because I've actually gone bonkers trying to do exactly this but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.
This one is like, at the top of my list of things to change abt the wiki but I don't know how :'D

instead of struggling with mediawiki's provided tools (which have never had native expand/collapse-all), can you make two new js buttons that set .mw-collapsible-content to display:block or display:none?

edit: just realised if you knew how to do that you would have already sidestepped mediawiki.

jsfiddle, source cited in the description. more complicated than it needs to be but my attempts were too clumsy, i'm not that familiar with js
topmarks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akirameta » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:45 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Aside from names, what kinds of things would you all find most important in regards to updating the wiki? Are there any areas that should be focused on in particular, and is there anything that should be prioritized ahead of other updates/edits? What would make the wiki more useful in your opinion? Please provide any feedback you have so our team can figure out how to best approach the wiki project moving forward!

This isn't necessarily a priority, but the GUPPS wiki page has fallen behind. It's only up to 2019.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4804980

I've gone ahead and compiled the 2020 and 2021 GUPPS, since I saw they weren't on the wiki and wanted them compiled myself, but this is an area that's very much starting to lag behind
Akirameta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:03 pm

Akirameta wrote:

This isn't necessarily a priority, but the GUPPS wiki page has fallen behind. It's only up to 2019.

I've gone ahead and compiled the 2020 and 2021 GUPPS, since I saw they weren't on the wiki and wanted them compiled myself, but this is an area that's very much starting to lag behind

Thanks for that, I've submitted an update for that guide so 2020 and 2021 should be added soon. Your forum post was very helpful, so thank you so much for compiling that!

I have a couple pages I hope to add to the wiki in the future, and some other plans as well to maybe make the annual upkeep of certain guides less taxing. But I only work on the wiki when I have spare time and motivation so it can be a bit tough.

One thing I have really wanted to add for a long time is 2nd gen family tree images, but I don't really know a good, efficient, clean way to make such images without it being a TON of work for me, but I am open to suggestions.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akirameta » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:39 am

Akirameta wrote:

and just for whenever obviously, but I've already compiled the 2022 GUPPS now too (or the ones so far, there may be more but might not be)
Akirameta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Wiki Update

Postby Magpi3.14 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:55 am

I was scrolling through the 2011 dogs today, and the images for the November 2nd gen dogs are no longer available. Here is the link to the page where they are at: https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Dog_names_2011

Thank you guys for all of the hard work that goes into keeping the wiki up and running <33
Magpi3.14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me