CS Wiki Update

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Wiki Update [Help us name pets!]

Postby ButterflyChaser » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:
ButterflyChaser wrote:I'd like to see someone gather up all the 2nd gen parent images like this one:

Link to the month each parent was adopted and then the offspring. Has anyone done a CS "pedigree" yet?

Luckily we working on adding that!! The 2nd gen pages for 2015, and 2016 are complete iirc.

https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/2nd_gens_2015 https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/2nd_gens_2016

I am also working on creating family trees. Although they are not finished or uploaded yet, and I'm still making adjustments to the appearances, you can have a sneak peek of what I've done so far. ;)

Thank you!
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Wiki Update [Help Needed!]

Postby KioloDovahkiin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am

Easter 2014 - Bunnies
Image Image Image
Image Image

Speckled Buns:
      Blue and White Speckled Bun, Blue Speckled Brown Striped Bun, White Crested Blue Swirl Bun, Sunrise Speckled Bun, Brown/Blue Tiger Bun

Easter 2015 - Chickens
Image Image Image

Appenzeller Chick, Native Blue Chick, Chamois Chick

Easter 2018 - Bunnies
ImageImageImageImage

Gold Finned Bun, Sea Sunset Finned Bun, Strawberry Finned Bun, Lime Finned Bun

January 2018 - Foxes
ImageImageImageImage

Pastel Sunrise Fox, Pastel Flower Fox, Pastel Patterned Fox, Pastel Swirl Fox

March 2018 - Foxes
ImageImageImageImage

Plum Accent Fox, Ocean Accent Fox, Plum Heart Fox (because it has a tiny heart on its forehead), Bermuda Blue Fox

October 2017 - Chickens (Drippy Chocolate Litter)
ImageImageImage

Pink Heart, Green Heart, Blue Heart

xxx

xxx

xx
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kiolo Bi-Poly They/Them

Trading Thread

bone weary,
and just tired.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Favourites
Tramp
Stardust
Loki
Malks
Lions
Me

xxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxx

KioloDovahkiin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cecilion » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 am

aaa pet names could really use an update
Pet's name: Valentines EPPS
Cecilion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 am

HUUUUUGE thank you to Stella1208 and BooperDooper. for helping collect URLs. You've been a great help. Thank you for the name suggestions, I'll try to update them before I leave for vacation and get you guys a new set of b wolves to work on. c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:00 am

Tried something new with the dog name guide, just to test out how it would look.

https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Dog_names_2009

Do you like it? Is it an improvement? I thought it could help with some of the “emptiness” that the dividers made, and help cue people into finding what they are looking for without opening 5 billion expands. Also could be helpful on December 18th for some perhaps? Although that was not the original intent.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 pm

January 2016 - Foxes
ImageImageImageImage

Glow Fox litter?
Red-Orange Glow Fox | Yellow-Green Glow Fox | Blue Glow Fox | Red-Purple Glow Fox
SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri May 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Tried something new with the dog name guide, just to test out how it would look.

https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Dog_names_2009

Do you like it? Is it an improvement? I thought it could help with some of the “emptiness” that the dividers made, and help cue people into finding what they are looking for without opening 5 billion expands. Also could be helpful on December 18th for some perhaps? Although that was not the original intent.

I like what you did! I feel like it could be improved in terms of completeness, but I'm not sure exactly how to improve it without making it look overwhelming.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Long time no see! We promise we're not dead! :D
    So, Burr is working on something behind the scenes to make the process of updating the name guides much easier. Seems to be coming along nicely, so we might be able to pick those back up again soon.

In the meantime, I've tried my hands at writing a rarity guide. The "understanding rarities" guide was more than a little outdated, rip.
    I've got the draft here and would love for people to read over it and let me know what to add or change! c:
    I definitely feel like the first section needs something more, but can't seem to put my finger on it.

(That said: I purposely excluded stuff like demand and hoarding beyond the "popularity" bit, because those are trade-value specific and have little to do with our rarity system beyond what's mentioned. There's a separate guide on the topic.)

Might do a short-ish guide on the Re-release next, just something of an expansion to the relatively short answer that the FAQ give on the matter.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 am

"An account is considered active as long as it has been logged into within the past few months."
As of 2014ish, I think the range was more like about one year, but maybe this has changed

"There is a chance for a still growing pet to already have a known rarity."
Confused me at first until I realized that "known rarity" doesn't mean the tag--clarify that you don't mean the tag? like "Some pets, such as pets adopted very late in the month or pets adopted through the rerelease, may have their rarities already known despite having one of the unknown tags" clearly I can't English right after waking up

"Timeline" could probably expand this heading to like "Timeline of updates to the rarity system" or something

I really like this guide! :D
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:32 am

edit: yo idk why bump notes arent showing but this post is not from today lol someone just bumped the thread
sorry for getting your hopes for an update up lol

nickjr wrote:"An account is considered active as long as it has been logged into within the past few months."
As of 2014ish, I think the range was more like about one year, but maybe this has changed

"There is a chance for a still growing pet to already have a known rarity."
Confused me at first until I realized that "known rarity" doesn't mean the tag--clarify that you don't mean the tag? like "Some pets, such as pets adopted very late in the month or pets adopted through the rerelease, may have their rarities already known despite having one of the unknown tags" clearly I can't English right after waking up

"Timeline" could probably expand this heading to like "Timeline of updates to the rarity system" or something

I really like this guide! :D

I have asked Nick about account activity and how long it takes for an acc to be inactive. He told me that he tweaks the range occasionally and doesn't consider it useful to publish numbers for that reason, as they'd keep changing.
    That said I'll have to re-forumulate that anyway, "a few" sounds very short now that you say it, haha.

Yeah, I'll go and re-formulate that one about the known/unknown rarities, it does sound better the way you put it :D

And that one's a good idea as well, gonna expand the title

Thank you so much!^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me