Updates to the Pound coming

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Updates to the Pound coming

Postby Vampie! » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:53 am

pumpkin spice anger wrote:
Vampie! wrote:I woke up at 4am, it's now 6am and the L&F is still running:,)
Unless I saw wrong when I woke up, its been abt 2hrs of l&f going;-;

def more than 3 hours, I just grabbed my second item 30 minutes ago

That's actually rlly funny tho

I am a Holibomber!
I have gifted 40 people
I have received 56 gifts

xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxImage
She/her ꨄ︎ Adultish ꨄ︎ EST
Sig is a huge wip, just wanted to do something for Christmas:)
Please be patient with me, I don't sleep much
and when you're interacting with me
I most likely have already been up for a very long time.
Vampie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:15 am

I mean the best pet on the page isn't always the 1st pet for me. So I don't just click the first pet. Heck, I've even refreshed a few times (probably over rares I didn't realize were rare xD) and still pulled a rare I like.
Curious to what the changes will be. :3
EDIT: For instance, when I adopted him:
I'd refreshed a few times and he was not the first pet on the page to adopt.
I guess "the best pet on the page" is super subjective, though. So even if the 1st pet for me were a VR horse, I wouldn't get it 'cause A ) I'd likely not know it was VR (cause I don't actively collect them and don't really follow their rarity lol) or B ) Even if I knew I'd probably not adopt it because I don't really like horses all that much. xD

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horsesrule76 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:38 am

illyria wrote:I have no /real/ issue with the way the pound has been run for the length that the site has been live for... I like that the pets shown to you are completely random & it makes sense that you should have to fight for rarer pets... they should be a challenge after all! My one issue with the pound is that it has a marker which pets are on your wishlist, but not which pets I already own, and since we all know there's many many many many many different pets on this site I have routinely grabbed something I already have on accident.

Regardless.... I also think the pound probably deserves some adjustments considering that it's been exactly the same since I joined and if functionality/optimization/etc changes I'm open to it.

LOVE the idea of having a "You already own this pet" indicator for Pound pets!
ImageImageImageImage

horsesrule76

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:23 pm

horsesrule76 wrote:
illyria wrote:I have no /real/ issue with the way the pound has been run for the length that the site has been live for... I like that the pets shown to you are completely random & it makes sense that you should have to fight for rarer pets... they should be a challenge after all! My one issue with the pound is that it has a marker which pets are on your wishlist, but not which pets I already own, and since we all know there's many many many many many different pets on this site I have routinely grabbed something I already have on accident.

Regardless.... I also think the pound probably deserves some adjustments considering that it's been exactly the same since I joined and if functionality/optimization/etc changes I'm open to it.

LOVE the idea of having a "You already own this pet" indicator for Pound pets!

I'd also really appreciate it for items! It's even more difficult to remember what you do and don't have with those

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:32 pm

i really love the idea to randomize the pets you see on the pound screen. i have always auto clicked on the first pet before the image even loads. i know its not always the best pet but if we're being real, out of the 20? random pets you see in my experience it usually is. and you really have no time to hesitate or think about your choice with the way the current pound is set up... at least not with my internet lol

honestly i'm just glad to hear staff are discussing this thing behind the scenes and are working on ways to improve the site - i really cant wait to see what theyre cooking

softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:59 pm

are the pets you see on the page not random??

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:23 pm

CanisCoyote wrote:are the pets you see on the page not random??

they’re selected at random but they’re presented in order from oldest to youngest - so the first pet on the upper left will always be the oldest
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:25 pm

Yes and no. Look at the pet ages next time you go, you'll see that older pets tend to be placed first, and newer pets last. It doesn't take TDs into account, so it's still possible for rare pets to show up further down on the page if they're RR, and since most store pets in the Pound aren't very old in comparison to '09s and '10s they rarely will be on the first row. "Clicking the first pet" is a strat that gives you a better shot at getting something with a high rarity purely due to age, with the risk that you end up with a '10 extremely-uncommon when you know there's a PPS dragoncat in the pool.
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:40 pm

softpaw wrote:

they’re selected at random but they’re presented in order from oldest to youngest - so the first pet on the upper left will always be the oldest

Juliamon wrote:

Yes and no. Look at the pet ages next time you go, you'll see that older pets tend to be placed first, and newer pets last. It doesn't take TDs into account, so it's still possible for rare pets to show up further down on the page if they're RR, and since most store pets in the Pound aren't very old in comparison to '09s and '10s they rarely will be on the first row. "Clicking the first pet" is a strat that gives you a better shot at getting something with a high rarity purely due to age, with the risk that you end up with a '10 extremely-uncommon when you know there's a PPS dragoncat in the pool.

WHAT how have I been here for 14 years and never noticed this my mind is blown

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:49 pm

What's wrong with putting every single rare on your WL? If you have the patience to go through the entire archive and click that many pets, you deserve to get one from the pound
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery