May 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby dragonmaster11 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:38 pm

If the grown pink deer is in fact based off a bleeding tooth fungus then that's a brilliant and super clever design for it! I love how it's incorporated ❤️❤️
My first thought when I saw this one fully grown was bleeding tooth but then I second-guessed myself because the magpie inkcap one had been so obvious 😅
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Sat May 18, 2024 11:11 pm

@Juliamon I hope you're right 😭

@Celozon thank you so much for bribing the rats, that picture is incredibly adorable!
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Sun May 19, 2024 12:26 pm

I hope we learn what all of these mushroom deer are inspired by. I like being able to name the after their scientific name!! ^-^
Pet's name: Clouds
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Sun May 19, 2024 1:17 pm

Do these horses have the sun, moon and stars on them and is this one the eclipse??

If you like pet collecting sites that you don't have to feed the pets, I can't recommend Wajas enough. Link below to join. I have lots for sale cheap to help you get started.
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic_love » Mon May 20, 2024 8:41 am

Celozon wrote:
iHolli wrote:

{ another black variegated hooded !! I'm so delighted to have another, it's great fun exploring the different ways markings can show up. I've had so many batches where I was the only person who could tell my rats apart cause I knew the subtle differences! ♡

I'm glad someone is enjoying them! I think its really cool how much variation there can be even in just a single marking. A lot of the current natural rat designs on the site are accurate to what a marking is supposed to look like, but a doesn't necessarily reflect people's own pet rats which are usually undermarked or overmarked, so I though it would be nice to do a litter showing variation on a common marking.

I also maay have really wanted to include the rats that inspired me to make the original lineart edits in the first place, my sister's two black hooded rats, Cheeto and Zoro;
(I had to bribe them so they would sit still)
And their corresponding outcomes;
ImageImage

I was originally going to include Zoro in the Easter litter but ended up switching it out at the last minute and putting in the Dalmatian outcome instead (which actually ended up being one of my favorites) and deciding I'd do another litter later with both of them. Anyway, I was just very excited to include them, and part of the goal was to just bring in a bit more variation on natural rat designs and maybe end up matching other people's pet rats as well.

Wayyyy to similar to each other.
ascension

Toxic_love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:43 am

AuroraFier wrote:I hope we learn what all of these mushroom deer are inspired by. I like being able to name the after their scientific name!! ^-^

Me too! I'm doing the same thing with this litter, with other mushroom based pets I've given them just the genus or just the species name but with this litter I've been giving them the full genus-species name and my little nerdy mushroom-obsessed brain is so happy 🫶

For today's brown mushroom deer growth I'm throwing out a tentative and sleepy guess at a bolete species because that's the first thing I thought of upon seeing it, but that's just because the spots look a bit like stylised stipe reticulation 😅 not really enough for me to say confidently but hey, it's some kinda guess 🤣 I'll do some proper googling tomorrow
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Mon May 20, 2024 9:16 am

This is the best time for me to have a mushroom pet collection, I'm absolutely living now haha. I also hope to correctly name the deer, though I'm not sure if I will name them the scientific names or the common names/nicknames.

I'm guessing the bright yellow baby has got to be Laetiporus sulphureus, and I think it would be funny to name it Chicken-of-the-woods if I'm right.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Mon May 20, 2024 12:08 pm

Today is a very good day for warm hues :D
I know these will likely be the most common outcome of the litter, but oh such vibrant orange!
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Mon May 20, 2024 12:08 pm

So many growths today.