Updates to the Pound coming

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Updates to the Pound coming

Postby Squecca » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:51 pm

The only changes I can think of that I would like the pound to get are a live countdown and automatic refresh, and the lost and found letting you choose more often than once every three hours.
I personally would not want the dates of pets to be randomized.
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Updates to the Pound coming

Postby cuddlewuffle » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:55 pm

All Hallows Eve wrote:If ANYTHING I hope they RANDOMIZE the 15 pets on your screen.
Randomizing would make you LOOK instead of blindly clicking the first pet.
On average 66% of the users log in the last few minutes before the pound (Discord?), then log out.

i thought they were randomized though?
isn't each page random, just sorted by age so that the oldest pet is in the top left?

it's possible to get rares or even very rares on the second or third refresh; but people typically always use their attempt on the first page so they don't know that

edit: honestly i think randomizing the date order would make it even harder for people with slower connections to get the oldest pet on screen... idk how that'd help anything, unless you have all your pets memorized (you might, if you've been here 5+ years) you're probably not going to figure out what pet is oldest faster than the people with faster connections ?

also, you don't need a fast connection to get good things from the pound, my internet isn't terribly fast but i've gotten these over the years

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

just remember for every good pet you get you're going to have to go through getting like 20 pets that aren't very rare at all

being online during less busy hours also helps a lot but ultimately it's luck, it's not like everyone is looking at the same page of pets when the pound opens
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me