Do you like having the CS store?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Do you like having the CS store?

Postby Tess » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 am

I can understand people who don't like the store, but to maintain a site of this size the extra revenue is necessary to pay for server costs.

In future, pets in the store will cost less. I can't reduce the prices now, because it would be unfair to people who have already paid for Cerebus etc, but I will put cheaper pets in there next time. I hadn't really done the math when I was setting the prices :( please accept my apologies on this.

For those who are intent on completing your collection: if I were you, I would view the shop pets as a seperate collection from the free pets. We purposefully refuse to sell old rare pets like sun dogs/zebras etc in the CS store, because that would create an unfair advantage on those who could just pay to complete their collections. The store pets will always be different to free pets, so that there is no overlap. You can find someone to trade with if you really want one, but try not to be upset if you never have them. They're part of a seperate collection. I believe a complete collection of CS pets does not include anything from the store, those are just bonus pets or items for people who continue to support our speedy new server.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Autumn. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 am

Tess wrote:I can understand people who don't like the store, but to maintain a site of this size the extra revenue is necessary to pay for server costs.

In future, pets in the store will cost less. I can't reduce the prices now, because it would be unfair to people who have already paid for Cerebus etc, but I will put cheaper pets in there next time. I hadn't really done the math when I was setting the prices :( please accept my apologies on this.

For those who are intent on completing your collection: if I were you, I would view the shop pets as a seperate collection from the free pets. We purposefully refuse to sell old rare pets like sun dogs/zebras etc in the CS store, because that would create an unfair advantage on those who could just pay to complete their collections. The store pets will always be different to free pets, so that there is no overlap. You can find someone to trade with if you really want one, but try not to be upset if you never have them. They're part of a seperate collection. I believe a complete collection of CS pets does not include anything from the store, those are just bonus pets or items for people who continue to support our speedy new server.

Here, Here. ;)
✦ • ────────────────────── • ✦
awake the stars ‘cuz they’re all around you
icon by -WanHeda- | sig by jaax

.Autumn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 am

Well said, Tess; well said. :D ^^;
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

Sure it would be nice if the things in the store were free too but the site has to have some money donated so that it can run still,or we would still have it but with that really miserable old server. I just hope most of the holiday pets will be free still but it seems like they will be...

The Cerberus was rather expensive in comparison to everything else I must say, I had to top up my account a second time just to get it.=/

I do include them with the other pets myself, I mean the Cerberus is the third pet of the re-relase of malk's Halloween pets from her old site. It's hard not to see that as part of the other pets.=/

The items aren't hard to get for free,atleast the small accessory ones. I just had to give a few newborns for some. ( I would have never adopted them anyway since I only adopt one of each regular dog and rat. Unless it's extra special to me)
Last edited by shadoweon on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 am

I will never have a complete CS collection without the store pets XD But that's just my collector gen telling me to get them all XD

But I love the store^^
No store = slow server. And nobody want a slow server :?
And the items/pets aren't hard to get =3 I have a lot of items from the store and all four pets. And I haven't donated any money... I'm unable to do so.

Just make an item wishlist and you'll get what you want as time goes by^^
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amber » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:34 am

I like the store. Even if you can't get the items with C$ then you can still trade for them, I mean, if we don't have it then, like others have said, the old server will be back... and ughhh, that was not fun.

Plus, it really doesn't cost too much to buy things from the store... and trading does work.
Amber

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Nova » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:57 am

I've topped up my account prolly 4 or 5 times now, and I just like knowing that I've got all the pets out there I CAN get. I pay for C$ myself, with my money that I earn. At first I really balked at the idea of a store, but I do like having things I can dress my pets up with and/or trade for. If I REALLY want something, I buy it. Not everything in the store catches my eye.
~Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atroxa » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 pm

being an adult with my own job and my own checking account i like it cause i can put in money whenever i want and have a few bucks to spare. I can see where younger members who have to rely on their parents (who might not want to put their money into a virtual store) financially wouldn't be too keen on it but Tess isn't just trying to make money to profit off of, the store is there for a reason, so it doesn't take an hour to adopt a pet or load a page.
Atroxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Minimanta wrote:I will never have a complete CS collection without the store pets XD But that's just my collector gen telling me to get them all XD

Yep, I need all of the store pets in order to complete my collection, too. xD I don't care much for items and figured that I would never top up my account because I know my mom would never let me spend money on something virtual. However, when the skeleton bunny appeared, I decided that, hey, I'm 17, I have my own debit card, and it's about time that I start making my own decisions. $10 isn't really that much to lose, and it's not like my mom will ever know, so...xD

And thank you for lowering the prices on the next set of store pets, Tess! Those were really expensive if you bought all of them. o.O Totally worth the price, though. They're amazing! <3

At first I didn't like the idea of a shop, but I've since warmed up to it. I mean, unlike some sites, items and pets bought with C$ are tradable, which means everyone has the ability to get them, and it isn't required for you to pay anything unless you want to. And let's not forget this awesome new server that makes it all worthwhile! C;

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Minimanta wrote:I will never have a complete CS collection without the store pets XD But that's just my collector gen telling me to get them all XD

But I love the store^^
No store = slow server. And nobody want a slow server :?
And the items/pets aren't hard to get =3 I have a lot of items from the store and all four pets. And I haven't donated any money... I'm unable to do so.

Just make an item wishlist and you'll get what you want as time goes by^^

Nothing I was going to say isn't mentioned in this post :lol:
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me