(Announcement Pg 76) Demand Data Cloud

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Value of a "Non"

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:08 pm

A “Non” is a very old type of pet that sat very high on the old “Rares List,” and has the “OMG so rare” label.

What does the value of a "Non" really mean?

This is a category that's been known site-wide as the "non dogs" for over ten years. If you're a new player, this doesn't mean these pets are "not" dogs; the "non" refers to their design.

Let's look at this pet as an example:
This dog is part of the same litter as the Moonswirl, but does not have a swirl, so it is known as the "Nonswirl."

Moonswirl:
Nonswirl:

There are three other dogs that are named in this fashion (Nontag, Nonjewel, and Noncoon), and they are collectively called the "non dogs."

Image Image
Image Image

The "non dogs" form the basis of the site's use of the term "non" to determine a certain value. The dogs themselves are treated more like a base "currency" than anything else in the high-end trading sphere. For the purposes of this reference, I'm counting each "non dog" as 1 non.

You can find some examples of specific trades for the "non dogs" here:
Nonswirl
Nontag
Nonjewel
Noncoon

How much is a "non" worth? Well, the old "rares list" counted "nons" as being worth some 1,400+ '09 rares. There has been significant discussion lately in the trading circles that this value may have been unrealistic all along, and is currently considered both unattainable and highly disputed. there are some traders who still hold this to be the theoretical value of a "non dog," but a more realistic number (that has at least some potential trade evidence to back it up) is 100-150 '09 rares for 1 non. in my best educated understanding of how trading is currently going, this is the ballpark value that I use.
Last edited by Loelya on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:19 am, edited 23 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Value of a "Sorb"

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:10 pm

What does the value of a "Sorb" really mean?

The "Sorb" or "Sorbet" litter is a set of pastel-colored dogs, released during the same month that the "non" dogs were - the very first month of releases on CS when it was launched - July 2008. Each sorbet dog is referred to by their color: the Green Sorbet, Yellow Sorbet, Blue Sorbet, and Pink Sorbet.
Image Image
Image Image

The "ex-list" had said that 3 sorbet dogs was a fair trade for 1 "non." This was mostly due to the fact that sorbet dogs - at the time that the ex-list was the CS community's primary trading guide - were all "very rare" and had been since their release, but the litters that contained the "non" dogs went through a set of rarity changes around the years 2013-2014, flipping between the "OMGSR" and "Very Rare" labels. This small indication that the nons bordered the line between "OMGSR" and "Very Rare", and the lack of evidence that the sorbets were also close to this line, kept them from being valued the same even though they were released in the same month and were all "Very Rare" from 2014-2019.

The current demand of the trading scene supports a different ratio.
After the 2019 rarity overhaul and the subsequent retirement of the ex-list, it is considered standard that 2 sorbs = 1 non. This is now the most commonly used advice, so much so that experienced traders may even note values such as "1 sorb" as "0.5 nons." So when traders say that a "non" is in demand for a range of 100-150 '09 rares, they will usually also value sorbs at half that amount, in the range of 50-75 '09 rares.

The Pink Sorbet is an exception to this rule! During the same 2019 rarity overhaul that granted the "non" dogs their newest OMGSR labels, the Pink Sorbet also changed to OMGSR! Its label reverted back to "Very Rare" a little more than a year later, in February 2020. While the Pink Sorbet was OMGSR, it traded steadily at a value of "1 non," even though it is part of the sorbet litter. Now that it has gone back down to "Very Rare," its demand has decreased, but it is still valued over the other sorbet dogs because of the evidence that it also borders that rarity line. As of January 2022, the Pink Sorbet is steadily trading at a value of 0.75 nons, and is not considered to fit the value term "sorb" for this reason. Effectively, the Pink Sorbet's demand is 1.25 "sorbs."
Last edited by Loelya on Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:20 am, edited 17 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Value of a(n) "MA"

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:11 pm

under construction

value of "MA" = 6-10 (average 8) '09 rares
Last edited by Loelya on Thu May 05, 2022 9:41 am, edited 12 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Picture Guide

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Value of an '09 Rare:

Value of a(n) MA:

Value of a Sorb:

Value of a Non:

Last edited by Loelya on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:39 am, edited 14 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:13 pm

-
Last edited by Loelya on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:20 am, edited 22 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:14 pm

-
Last edited by Loelya on Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:53 am, edited 17 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:15 pm

-
Last edited by Loelya on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:18 pm

-
Last edited by Loelya on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:19 pm

-
Last edited by Loelya on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Loelya » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:46 am

-
Last edited by Loelya on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me