*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby Mozzy. » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:12 am

I know we said we'll wait but here's my opinion on a new rearrangement.
Going off release dates and rarity change dates (if applicable).
Would also help in placing new pets because we'd have a solid baseline.

Sunjewel [omg so rare after overhaul]
Dogtag [omg so rare after overhaul]
July PPS [omg so rare after overhaul]
All released in July 2008 and remained OMG

UR Cat released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]
UR Banana released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]
UR B-Wolf released 2008 [omg so rare after overhaul]
All released in December 2008 and remained OMG, banana were frequently deleted because of dislike, making them more rare than they should have been.

Plains Zebra & Grevy's Zebra released 2009 [omg so rare after overhaul]
Available in monthly adoptions

UR Tiger Dog [omg so rare after overhaul]
Moonswirl [VR January 2013] [omg so rare March 2013]***
UR Grapes

UR Phoenix Released 2013, 55 days to grow [omg so rare April 2014]
UR Foal Release 2015 [omg so rare January 2016]
Release 2 years apart, but remained OMG since.

Coontail [omg so rare July 2013] [VR August 2014] [omg so rare March 2016] [VR February 2017]
Mountain Zebra [omg upon overhaul but down to VR Feb 2018]
Both on the border of OMG/VR. Were OMG for longer than below tier.

UR Cucumber released 2011 [omg so rare after overhaul] [VR February 2015]
UR Aussie released 2012, [omg so rare on release] [VR July 2014]
Both released a year apart, however dropped in rarity and have remained VR for an extended amount of time.

*** unsure where to place Moonswirl, as for a brief period it dropped to VR, making it ineligible to be placed higher on the List.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:39 am

@DaDwarf
*note that when Im looking at tiers, Im not quite focusing on VR pets because we are discussing moving them down.
Im also not too familiar with the overhaul and Im getting confused with the wording of your post because of it. If pets were "omgsr after overhaul" I assume that means they maintained their omgsr rarity through the overhaul in 2012? Were these pets always omgsr? Do we no longer care about what rarity the pets were before the overhaul because of the system change? I may need some clarification, and probably some help with determining the tiers to remove.

I think it would be safe to remove option 9, as the foal and phoenix were released after the grapes/havent been omgsr for as long. The aussie is vr so the grapes are naturally more rare and has a better omgsr rarity consistency.

Option 8 has the coontail fluctuating through vr/omgsr since 2013, meaning the grapes have a better omgsr consistency than the coontail as it was released in 2010 and omgsr since.
The july pps was omgsr after the overhaul in 2012.

Option 7 has the cucumber, which has been considered for moving down. Its vr so the grapes have a better rarity consistency. The banana has always been omgsr.
The banana was omgsr after the overhaul.

Any tiers above this seem unreasonable to discuss as they are obviously more rare than the grapes.
I think it would be safe to remove option 9. Option 8 is iffy because of the july pps, so I think either tier 8 or tier 7 are good places to have as the lowest options on the poll.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated! Im having a hard time figuring this out, it seems like a lot of pets need to be shuffled around and its giving me a hard time in terms of finding correct placement.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 am

I thought the whole point of using the same poll for each OMGSR was because despite rarity changes we don’t actually know which OMGSR is worth less or more than another OMGSR and that decision on placement was to be left to the community. Instead of huge arguments breaking out every time tier options needed to be decided.So I gotta ask why we are back tracking on that now?
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:18 am

The Last Raven wrote:I thought the whole point of using the same poll for each OMGSR was because despite rarity changes we don’t actually know which OMGSR is worth less or more than another OMGSR and that decision on placement was to be left to the community. Instead of huge arguments breaking out every time tier options needed to be decided.So I gotta ask why we are back tracking on that now?

I'd have to agree. If all pets end up to be clumped together on the bottom tier then we can address it again, but we don't know for sure that'll happen? The Foal is a 'recent' UR, surely the community knows this as well.

Also on moving down the VR's, This list shouldn't become 'omg so rare VS very rare'. There's no need to move down very rare pets that go for their list value in my opinion. Itd be silly to move the coontail down while it trades for 2 nons and always has traded for two nons JUST because it's a very rare. This isn't a rarity only list, we want omg so rares and very rares to be in-cooperated together.

In the rarity overhaul, rarities completely changed. There's no 'maintaining' a rarity through it, all rarities were calibrated fresh and new. So that means that for any pet that was omg so rare right after the overhaul, we have no clue on what end of the spectrum they fall. For example, if the omg so rare tag is counted from 1-500 pets per user, the sunjewel could be 1 and omg so rare, while the foal could be 499 and still be omg so rare. So, for that we use community input, availability and a bit of demand?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:39 am

^DaDwarf, I thought that we were only considering rarity in this poll, not demand? Sorry, I'm a bit confused
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:42 am

Skraeling wrote:^DaDwarf, I thought that we were only considering rarity in this poll, not demand? Sorry, I'm a bit confused

People who vote, vote by demand. It's inevitable. We give set options based on rarity, but the eventual community vote is the demand input. It's asking people 'what would you feel is fair to pay?'. that's personal demand :)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:43 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Skraeling wrote:^DaDwarf, I thought that we were only considering rarity in this poll, not demand? Sorry, I'm a bit confused

People who vote, vote by demand. It's inevitable. We give set options based on rarity, but the eventual community vote is the demand input. It's asking people 'what would you feel is fair to pay?'. that's personal demand :)

I agree with DD, but I wanted to add: it’s impossible to completely remove demand from THIS list. Right now, the goal is to use rarity more than demand or availability to place/more pets.
    We are using rarity to select the poll options, but demand is incorporated, but less than before, with the community voting on options.
    The rarity only list that is being created will be based off of rarity only.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nettle_Magpie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:55 am

So will the rarities only list be something like what Mozzy posted? I actually quite liked that
version, I think it's quite easy to understand, especially for those who are newer to the concept
Nettle_Magpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:34 am

The rarity only list will be based on numbers of released pets but it (right now) does not include pets on active accounts. Therefor its not a truly useable list. We can use it as a guideline for updating the thread, but it wont really be 100% truth just like this list isnt. Active accounts are a very big part of the way rarities are calculated and without exact numbers of active pets, it cant be 100% reliable. It can give us an idea but yeah.. Not much more then that im afraid.. Not until a way to count active account only pets is found.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:51 am

I was under the impression that the rarity list was a totally separate entity and not being created to update this list. I don’t think using the rarity list to update this thing will make a different because there will still be major flaws due to demand that is included on this list. The whole purpose of the rarity list is to have a list where we see the actual rarity of pets unfettered by demand and then from there people can decide how they want to value things with demand as they see fit, not how a list tells them to.

From the thread
“The purpose of this project is to create a rarity list based on the number of pets released in the game, rather than using trades or rarity changes (alone) to determine the rarity of a pet. This thread is used for the discussion, planning, brainstorming, and posting information regarding this list.”

The rarity list began because people were fed up with the inaccuracies of the rares list which can never be truly improved as long as demand is included at all. That is why it is being created as a completely stand alone thing and has no relation to this list.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──