GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Ah she grew up today <3
I'm glad people seem to like her. Today's the anniversary of a huge moment to me: actually being asked to join the team. It was a huge changing point in my life. I've been in and out of major struggles and depressions for the past few years, and CS was very much a way for me to just relax. The only life line sometimes as strange as it sounds. By joining the CS team, I finally found a supportive home where I felt I truly mattered and belonged and was wanted. It's been the best year imaginable, and I'm so happy things turned out the way it did. Even when life's demons beat me down and sucked the brights out of my world, I've found platforms to come springing back up. Thank you CS, thank you to my friends the Salmon Squad (once a salmon always a salmon), and thank you to the community as a whole <3

Eaglespirit wrote:Image
... what was the point of the 3rd stage if its not even hinted at in the final stage :^? As far as I can tell there's not even a hint of it, a healed up spot where the transparent heart was would have tied them together nicely

It was more of a poetic choice really. In the future those who casually glance will never know anything was amiss, they will not understand the torment the kitty had endured. Only those who watched her grow will know her struggle, and think about how the shadows may be lurking for her again, seeing as their first appearance was so sudden. The only other group who will notice anything was ever wrong in her world are those who go back to scrutinize the archive, or rather her past.

It's never obvious what struggles people have gone through, and you will likely not realize what demons they've faced until you truly know them.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Ah she grew up today <3
I'm glad people seem to like her. Today's the anniversary of a huge moment to me: actually being asked to join the team. It was a huge changing point in my life. I've been in and out of major struggles and depressions for the past few years, and CS was very much a way for me to just relax. The only life line sometimes as strange as it sounds. By joining the CS team, I finally found a supportive home where I felt I truly mattered and belonged and was wanted. It's been the best year imaginable, and I'm so happy things turned out the way it did. Even when life's demons beat me down and sucked the brights out of my world, I've found platforms to come springing back up. Thank you CS, thank you to my friends the Salmon Squad (once a salmon always a salmon), and thank you to the community as a whole <3

... what was the point of the 3rd stage if its not even hinted at in the final stage :^? As far as I can tell there's not even a hint of it, a healed up spot where the transparent heart was would have tied them together nicely

It was more of a poetic choice really. In the future those who casually glance will never know anything was amiss, they will not understand the torment the kitty had endured. Only those who watched her grow will know her struggle, and think about how the shadows may be lurking for her again, seeing as their first appearance was so sudden. The only other group who will notice anything was ever wrong in her world are those who go back to scrutinize the archive, or rather her past.

It's never obvious what struggles people have gone through, and you will likely not realize what demons they've faced until you truly know them.

Ok here we go with the onion ninja's again :.) Quite a moving story behind this kitty, and i can definitely relate, as well. πŸ’–
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:

thats kinda why I pointed it out. Don't get me wrong, the final outcome is gorgeous and probably will be going in my favorites folder <3, but even a tiny, barely visible, scar might make someone curious to look up the growth stages sometime in the future. Now only people who are on all the time will know it was there, newbies and people who get on maybe once or twice a month will never know about it.
I think the term to use for it might be 'Chekhov's Gun'? Where if you specifically show a detail it should have some affect or use later in the story. And your kitty did kind of tell a story ^^
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:38 pm

We love you, Burr <3 I'm glad I've gotten the chance to get to know you the past few months, you've become such a friend to me, and I'm glad we've made your life so much better.
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: June Discussion Thread

Postby bemer98 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:40 pm

did anyone else notice the day 8 cat changed? I'm guessing there was an error and the full grown got released early...
Looking for WL pets and items, missing a few things from the past couple months
PLEASE READ MY TRADE RULES
ImageImageImageImage
bemer98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:00 pm

<3
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
──────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
───────────────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: June Discussion Thread

Postby PawzTheDrFoxFan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

bemer98 wrote:did anyone else notice the day 8 cat changed? I'm guessing there was an error and the full grown got released early...

that's exactly what happened. See the GH litter discussion
PawzTheDrFoxFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Young and Beautiful » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 pm

I fell in love with this outcome as soon as it first grew. It was so different, and so fun to work with.
The second stage made me wonder who went through so many troubled things.

Now knowing the whole story, it makes this cat very special.
We’re all happy to have you Burr <3

β₯You can call me Y&B~

β₯
━
Young and Beautiful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfie, » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Gonna be honest here, I think Cel's kitty is the "50% loading" cat since both of her cat's from the past have been pixelized-
adult
she/they
bisexual
furry
quitting
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€artwork done by thylafritter.
wolfie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hocaro Kitsune » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 pm

I had a feeling this was the case. This cat is truly amazing! I also struggle with depression and have for many years. Coming to CS has really helped me. Even though I’m not staff or anything, this website has become a big part of my life. The events and each month give me something to look forward to! Thank you Burrito Bunny for this amazing pet!
Hocaro Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me