GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Postby zing » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:07 pm

c a u g h t

zing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Wow, that went quicker than expected. Huge congrats to all of you, and especially BooperDooper. I thought the numbers were going to give you guys a tougher time haha.

I must come clean then I suppose.

Little caracal kitty is mine. Her name is Espoir and she's very glad that you all have been so nice to her. Maybe she can grow up happy now, just as she had hoped <3
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Wow, that went quicker than expected. Huge congrats to all of you, and especially BooperDooper. I thought the numbers were going to give you guys a tougher time haha.

Little caracal kitty is mine. Her name is Espoir and she's very glad that you all have been so nice to her. Maybe she can grow up happy now, just as she had hoped <3

Ahh yay! :D I love Espoir. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure her final stage will be awesome!
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:Wow, that went quicker than expected. Huge congrats to all of you, and especially BooperDooper. I thought the numbers were going to give you guys a tougher time haha.

Wow, well done on figuring Espoir out you guys! I can't wait to see her either (:<

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fossington » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 pm

I have been thinking seince ZEL and Ashki did last years pps they might have done the one this year!
HI THIS IS A WIP STILL BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO COME BACK SO HI!!

I’m Fossy, formerly known as Hamiltonfan12!

She/her!!
Fossington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Hamiltonfan12 wrote:Image

I have been thinking seince ZEL and Ashki did last years pps they might have done the one this year!

That's Irisidium's kitten^^ it was confirmed^^

irisidium wrote:
    So I am just gonna come out and confirm my bab now Image

I guess I'll go through some of the hints that I left first:
    • "Conspiracy theory: one has 3 legs" "Wouldn't that be cool?" He only has three legs!
    • "Y'all know I love drawing my stars." The little symbol next to the cs tag is a little sparkle or star (;
    • :3< ZEL pointed out that that's how my cat would make the ":3c" face, given his little stump leg
    • "I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that this wasn't my first choice palette, so pulling off what I wanted to do took a bit more.. thinking outside the box. But it all worked out, and that process was a lot of fun. (:"
    As you can probably tell, I was hoping for a more nature-y palette to pull this guy off - and I almost didn't attempt to do him after we ended up with this palette, but in the end I'm really happy with what all the colours were used for in his design.
    • "He's very grounded" He's a literal embodiment of earth, so. Very grounded. See below haha
    • "Okay okay, I'll go ahead and give y'all one thing: my cat does not have any stars on him." The lighter dots on his back half are actually supposed to be reminiscent of deer spots and not stars at all!
    • "Aye! Yellow!" Was supposed to be read phonetically to give you the hint that the eyes are yellow - well done to ElijahWilkes for getting that one
    • ?????? ????? did indeed stand for Father Earth (Mai-Ling you were so quick)
    • And all the earth emojis and symbolism was again because he's Earth. Well done to atychiphobia for picking up on much of that.

Birb wrote:
    It reminds me of some sort of cryptid, in a way. Not sure what it might be based off of, because although I find cryptids intriguing I don't do much research on them, or even if it's a completely unique creation with no mythological inspiration, but either way... I love it <3

Although not based on any existing cryptids, this was definitely a vibe I was going for so I'm glad that came across! All of my GH cats so far have been deities - of space, time and now earth respectively - hence Keeper of Space and Mothers Time. They're not based on any preexisting deities and are just of my own creation but obviously other tropes bleed into my ideas - since I did the two time mums last year, I really wanted to toy with the idea of a Father Earth this year. With his long leggies, horns, face shape, deer spots and eyes he's supposed to resemble a hooven mammal, but I also wanted the horns, tail and stump leg to give the impression that he and the tree are in some kind of symbiotic relationship wherein parts of him are literally made from the tree.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words and nicely worded criticisms (which I'll definitely take to heart in future years!). And also a big thank you to all the artists who've drawn him - we both appreciate it! :3<

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fossington » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 pm

•υℓqυισяяα ¢ιƒєя• wrote:
Hamiltonfan12 wrote:Image

That's Irisidium's kitten^^ it was confirmed^^

oh... I just realised that when I looked on the archive.. I thought I got something right for once XD
HI THIS IS A WIP STILL BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO COME BACK SO HI!!

I’m Fossy, formerly known as Hamiltonfan12!

She/her!!
Fossington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Awwww! Espoir is a cute name <3

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby home » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:55 am

Aww, Espoir is a beautiful child.

Still not giving up on Kyar’s hint.

I think these are some of the 4 clue words?

-Markings
    -Years
    -Gooey

Hmmm....
    home

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby nems » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 am

Espoir means hope in French, although y’all have probably figured it out! I love the kitty Burr!
    nems

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me