Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:31 pm

"Do not fret, little one, for my wings shall protect you from the arrows of anguish."

Fun fact, the original concept of this design did have both of them covered with arrows, with little Thalia having two stages: the first looking happy, and the second looking saddened with a bunch of arrows stuck to her fur. Later I ditched the idea because it was really edging CS's kid friendly line and also because Sabriel's design ended up looking way busier than I expected. The arrows would make it too cluttered.

I also decided to post the backstory for my pup right when I claimed her because I thought if you guys already had the overall concept behind it in mind once Sabriel showed up, you'd look at this staff dog with a deeper perspective and respect instead of only finding out about the context later, you know?

At its core, the tale of Thalia and Sabriel is a brief reflection on what's been going on in my life in the past few years, and mainly 2017. This year has been absolute hell for my family and I... so many bad things keep happening. In fact my aunt went into yet another coma last week, and today I suffered the worst punch of all... my cat Helly, who was the sweetest, most wonderful cat I've ever had, died at the age of 12 in my very arms after a long, painful battle with a grave kidney disease. It's rather fitting in a very morbid way that he happened to die in the same day my staff dog grew up, considering the context I made for it. Right now I'm beyond mentally exhausted, and I'm glad that I chose to share Thalia and Sabriel's story beforehand because in my current state I really doubt I'd be able to do so today.

I definitely appreciate it that in the end you guys seemed to enjoy my staff dog so much, I mean it more than you can imagine when I say it made this very gloomy day so much brighter for a change... thanks a lot.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kunikida » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote:
"Do not fret, little one, for my wings shall protect you from the arrows of anguish."

Fun fact, the - of this design did have both of them covered with arrows, with little Thalia having two stages: the first looking happy, and the second looking saddened with a bunch of arrows stuck to her fur. Later I ditched the idea because it was really edging CS's kid friendly line and also because Sabriel's design ended up looking way busier than I expected. The arrows would make it too cluttered.

I also decided to post the backstory for my pup right when I claimed her because I thought if you guys already had the overall concept behind it in mind once Sabriel showed up, you'd look at this staff dog with a deeper perspective and respect instead of only finding out about the context later, you know?

At its core, the tale of Thalia and Sabriel is a brief reflection on what's been going on in my life in the past few years, and mainly 2017. This year has been absolute hell for my family and I... so many bad things keep happening. In fact my aunt went into yet another coma last week, and today I suffered the worst punch of all... my cat Helly, who was the sweetest, most wonderful cat I've ever had, died at the age of 12 in my very arms after a long, painful battle with a grave kidney disease. It's rather fitting in a very morbid way that he happened to die in the same day my staff dog grew up, considering the context I made for it. Right now I'm beyond mentally exhausted, and I'm glad that I chose to share Thalia and Sabriel's story beforehand because in my current state I really doubt I'd be able to do so today.

I definitely appreciate it that in the end you guys seemed to enjoy my staff dog so much, I mean it more than you can imagine when I say it made this very gloomy day so much brighter for a change... thanks a lot.

Oh Lilian, I hope things start looking up for you soon! I admire your outcome so much and you did such an amazing job on Thalia and Sabriel. My absolute favourites this year~

emma ;; anxious ;; infj
══════════════════
new zealand girl with
possessiveness problems
about me ;; art ;; leave a msg
husband
kunikida

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:36 pm

@lilian i am so sorry to hear that. i understand how it feels to lose an animal, and it's really hard. i've also had the fear of a close relative in dangerous medical state. i really hope you push through this, like the strong, wonderful woman you are <3

i absolutely adore your staff pet;; little sleeping thalia is adorable,, and then.... sabriel. sabriel, sabriel, sabriel. he's breathtaking, and i can see the love and effort you poured into him. i love him, sO much. i've never doubted your pets, and i really hope you keep on coming up with these gorgeous designs for years to come.

please, take care of yourself, however. we won't mind at all if you take a small break from cs. you need it, really.
mars • he/they/she • adult
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote:

Fun fact, the - of this design did have both of them covered with arrows, with little Thalia having two stages: the first looking happy, and the second looking saddened with a bunch of arrows stuck to her fur. Later I ditched the idea because it was really edging CS's kid friendly line and also because Sabriel's design ended up looking way busier than I expected. The arrows would make it too cluttered.

That's so sad! I'm so sorry to hear that!
    We'll always be here for you, Lilian! We all love you and wish you and your family the best in your hard times <3
xxxxxiCome visit me on Lioden! ID 232339
iixxxxxcxix Leaving Indefinitely ❤
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmandaPanda1234 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote:

I have to say that this is my favorite staff pet yet. Or in the top 3 at least. Thanks for doing this one!

I am sorry to hear that things are not going to well and offer all the hugs I can give you.
AmandaPanda1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolven Girl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 pm

@Lilian Great job with Thalia and Sabriel. I really wasn't expecting your pup's guardian angel to be this year's dragon outcome. I just want to cuddle Thalia until she stops crying
FLOOGLE

Wolven Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time Lillian. Much love for you, I hope things start improving for you soon.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwyneira » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote:

Fun fact, the- of this design did have both of them covered with arrows, with little Thalia having two stages: the first looking happy, and the second looking saddened with a bunch of arrows stuck to her fur. Later I ditched the idea because it was really edging CS's kid friendly line and also because Sabriel's design ended up looking way busier than I expected. The arrows would make it too cluttered.

Aww, Lilian. I'm so sorry. It is so tough to lose a beloved pet and it sounds like you've had a really rough time lately. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Sabriel and Thalia's story is so lovely and comforting. They really resonated with me and I think part of the reason is because you poured your heart into your work. Thank you so much for sharing. Even in your own dark time, your art has certainly brightened my day and I'm sure there are a lot of others on here that would say the same.
Image Image Image Image
Gwyneira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tsu-bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh. My. Lord.
Knwxjoashjwbsk
This is beautiful!!!!!

My pup is a day behind tho ;-;

I am still shocked and a whole bunch of other emotions over this pet
Truly my favorite one this staff litter.
Just... Ah... I have no words...
You did a great job Lillian!
xxImage

╔ ——————————————————————— ╗
artshop - trade thread - carrd - deviantart - TH
╚ ——————————————————————— ╝

hey there ! im tsu-bear, you can call me Bear !
i love drawing, iron man and video gaming, some favorites
include: tetris, minecraft, stardew, hzd

╔ ——————————————————————— ╗
my commissions are [open, USD only]
discord: tsu_bear

╚ ——————————————————————— ╝
tsu-bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes