Japanese Speakers?? or learners (like me)

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Japanese Speakers?? or learners (like me)

Postby 1m00n1spirit » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Hey there! I only know how to count to 40 in Japanese (speaking it only, not writing), but I want to learn with you all! The main reason why I want to learn it is because of anime and my karate (That's where I learn how to count). I won't be speaking (writing/typing) very much since I'll be in the "input" phase for 3-6 months, but I want to learn with you all (and learn how to write it)!
they/them. Probably be gone in the next 3 days.
1m00n1spirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilikefruits » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:04 pm

1m00n1spirit wrote:
    Hey there! I only know how to count to 40 in Japanese (speaking it only, not writing), but I want to learn with you all! The main reason why I want to learn it is because of anime and my karate (That's where I learn how to count). I won't be speaking (writing/typing) very much since I'll be in the "input" phase for 3-6 months, but I want to learn with you all (and learn how to write it)!

Learning to write Japanese (hiragana and katakana) is not hard at all but learning kanji is pretty tricky. Lucky for you, most manga and books for young children or learners have hiragana symbols to the side for those who can’t read kanji aka furigana (assuming you read manga lol). Many popular titles use furigana too, such as demon slayer and jojo’s bizarre adventure.
Shima
She/They
ilikefruits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puppyparty » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:07 pm

hey! so im a beginner in learning japanese (and writing in hiragana,) any tips or advice for beginners is appreciated !! arigato!!
puppyparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilikefruits » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 pm

moetron wrote:hey! so im a beginner in learning japanese (and writing in hiragana,) any tips or advice for beginners is appreciated !! arigato!!

Learning hiragana is actually way easier than it looks, lol. Kana drill is an amazing app I recommend^^
Shima
She/They
ilikefruits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:16 pm

moetron wrote:hey! so im a beginner in learning japanese (and writing in hiragana,) any tips or advice for beginners is appreciated !! arigato!!

If you're not already, I would recommend learning kana in groups of 5 following the consonant (e.g. learning a/i/u/e/o as a group, ka/ki/ku/ke/ko, etc.), making sure you're solid on a given set of 5 before moving to the next group. This helps break up the characters, so you're not overwhelmed by all 46 at once. Of course, practice is super key to mastering them. Look for things like kids' picture books or the like in Japanese to practice reading the characters, and of course practice writing them.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:51 pm

There's a cute Hiragana song here to help supplement learning the characters if anyone is looking for more resources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nw5EUxDz0
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilikefruits » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:09 pm

Pyromaniacal wrote:

If you're not already, I would recommend learning kana in groups of 5 following the consonant (e.g. learning a/i/u/e/o as a group, ka/ki/ku/ke/ko, etc.), making sure you're solid on a given set of 5 before moving to the next group. This helps break up the characters, so you're not overwhelmed by all 46 at once. Of course, practice is super key to mastering them. Look for things like kids' picture books or the like in Japanese to practice reading the characters, and of course practice writing them.

I agree, though I’m pretty sure most if not all apps/books already do this in some form. Using children’s books/ picture books to help you study the language is also extremely helpful. (Agreeing with the user above again! ^^)
Shima
She/They
ilikefruits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toydog21 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Yeah I learnt a lot of Japanese in the past and i'm working on improving it especially kanji recognition
ImageImage

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are amazing creatures.

90% of people think dragons are creepy as heck. But 7% of people say dragons would destroy everything if they were real. 2% set off to find some dragons, but fail. Put this on your siggy if you are in the 1% of people who would be by a dragon's side forever.
Toydog21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dollteeths » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:44 pm

M :>
[center].

discord: dollteeths#9410

Event Swaps | Artshop
Seeking Art | Tracking
looking for trades
Dollteeths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Is this forum still active? I have been learning to speak Japanese for a while myself, but I want help writing a letter to someone I admire because the time is right. I don’t know how to write any big sentences. I want to show this person my appreciation because he has done many things to make me happy without even knowing it.

ありがとうございます!
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me