ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (CLOSING SOON)

Postby BlossomTail » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 am

.:Scruffy:. wrote:Another question (this topic won't let me search terms, so I can't tell if it's been asked before) -

Several of my examples I uploaded are my original characters who are also meant to be digimon. They are completely my own designs and take no actual inspiration from existing digimon designs - I made this clear in my application, but I would like to know if that is not allowed and whether I should replace with different examples.

I believe as long as the actual art created was done solely by you, and you give credit to Digimon if they are characters “related” to that series, you should be fine.
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:59 am

BlossomTail wrote:
.:Scruffy:. wrote:Another question (this topic won't let me search terms, so I can't tell if it's been asked before) -

Several of my examples I uploaded are my original characters who are also meant to be digimon. They are completely my own designs and take no actual inspiration from existing digimon designs - I made this clear in my application, but I would like to know if that is not allowed and whether I should replace with different examples.

I believe as long as the actual art created was done solely by you, and you give credit to Digimon if they are characters “related” to that series, you should be fine.

Scruffy, just to be safe I'd wait to see what a staff member says
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovelees » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 pm

if I chose a color from the given palette can I lower the opacity?
and for the linear do we use any color from the other palettes we haven't chosen or can it be ANY color ?
artist
────────────────────
love yourself
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
────────────────────
lovelees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephyricle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 pm

How many artists are you going to elect? And what positions will be filled? A monthly and a guest or will there be multiple of each?

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS DRINK MILK!!!

Previously Happythorn07 :)
She|He|They
Zephyricle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:28 am

Just make sure to credit digimon clearly for inspiration.

sweetea wrote:if I chose a color from the given palette can I lower the opacity?
and for the linear do we use any color from the other palettes we haven't chosen or can it be ANY color ?

Lowering the opacity will make it look like a different color, so no you shouldn't do that. You should use the colors as-is (although gradients between palette colors and blending soft edges is fine).
The line art can be any color at all.

Zephyricle wrote:How many artists are you going to elect? And what positions will be filled? A monthly and a guest or will there be multiple of each?

That hasn't been decided yet, but usually we pick at least a couple people for each role in staff hirings (though keep in mind we haven't had artist applications before).
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovelees » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 am

sweetea wrote:if I chose a color from the given palette can I lower the opacity?

Lowering the opacity will make it look like a different color, so no you shouldn't do that. You should use the colors as-is (although gradients between palette colors and blending soft edges is fine).
The line art can be any color at all.

okay thank you!! <3
artist
────────────────────
love yourself
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
────────────────────
lovelees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 am

I'm curious how many applications have been submitted so far?
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Scruffy:. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:52 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:

Just make sure to credit digimon clearly for inspiration.

Noted! I appreciate the answer, thank you so much.
.:Scruffy:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LordGhoul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 am

Eaglespirit wrote:I'm curious how many applications have been submitted so far?

I came into this thread to ask about if they're gonna say how many applications they've got once it gets closed, you kind of beat me to it lol. My guess is hundreds but maybe I'm wildly misjudging, I've never been good at guessing games.
LordGhoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:47 am

LordGhoul wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:I'm curious how many applications have been submitted so far?

I came into this thread to ask about if they're gonna say how many applications they've got once it gets closed, you kind of beat me to it lol. My guess is hundreds but maybe I'm wildly misjudging, I've never been good at guessing games.

This thread doesn't seem very active/popular so I'm wondering if there might not be alot? But I do think it would be interesting to hear the total number of applicants, for both Item and Pet artists.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist