Many Languages :)

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Many Languages :)

Postby rancidram » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 am

Okay, so, I am wanting to learn 6-10 languages. So far, I've done German and English. But I'm wanting to learn many more. Here's the following languages I would like to be fluent in.
English
German
Spanish
French
Russian
Arabic
Mandarin Chinese
Japanese
and possibly Italian.
Do any of you have any advice or tips on these languages? It would be greatly appreciated!!
╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter • empty the tanks • feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Many Languages :)

Postby Caela » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:56 am

Hi! I would recommend the website Duolingo. It doesn't have Arabic, Chinese, or Japanese, but I'm pretty sure it has all the others you want to learn! I used it to learn French and was able to exchange PMs with a native french speaker after just a few months. The French course seems to be one of the most well-done on the whole site, but they're all excellent. c:

If you can stick to it, Duo can help you grasp the essentials of any language it offers, and then you can find native speakers to practice with to further your learning. :)

Hope that helps, and good luck with your language learning, however you may choose to do it! :D
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OnAStorytellersNight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 am

Duolingo is pretty good for the beginning, but it teaches a lot of nonsense (it wanted me to say 'I'm a turtle' in French). I came across a website/app called Mondly, which I think is much better because it teaches useful sentences grouped in different themes. I use it to learn Danish, and it's really helpful. Mondly has a bot that you can actually talk to. It records your voice, analyses your pronounciation and gives you feedback on that. If you don't want to talk, you can also chat with it to practice phrases you'd use in conversations.
Mondly is pretty good for learning grammar, too. You have full sentences with a structure, and you can tap on any verb to see all the tenses. That was something I missed in Duolingo, and I found it in Mondly.
There is a premium version of it, but as far as I know, the only difference between the free one and the premium one is that with premium you can do the daily lessons at any time and not only the day they come out. If you're not as lazs as me, you can do one of those daily lessons every day so you don't need premium to go back and do them later :lol:

Another website I use for learning languages is Memrise. It's not very good for grammar or complete sentences, but if you're looking for a way to grow your vocabulary, it's probably the best way to do it. I use it to improve my English (my native language is German) and to learn new words in Danish which I can then use in the sentences I learned in Mondly.

I hope this was helpful for you :)
OnAStorytellersNight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cpt-Red » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:50 am

PocketDragon wrote:Okay, so, I am wanting to learn 6-10 languages. So far, I've done German and English. But I'm wanting to learn many more. Here's the following languages I would like to be fluent in.
English
German
Spanish
French
Russian
Arabic
Mandarin Chinese
Japanese
and possibly Italian.
Do any of you have any advice or tips on these languages? It would be greatly appreciated!!

If you want to learn my mother tongue, always start by the basics,
hello= bonjour, hi=salut, how are you= comment allez vous?,
i have heard that my language is hard for non-french speaker, this is why i recommand to start with the basics, little by little, you may be able to write more, also, don't be scared to make mistakes, everyone does. ;)
On a long hiatus, probably not returning.
Cpt-Red

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me