The Singaporean Club - Where awesome people are found ♡

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Singaporean Club - Where awesome people are found ♡

Postby Sentoki » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Welcome to the family, Nic!
Ooh, it feels a little weird calling ya by that nickname. I have a friend named Nichole in RL, though I call her by a different nickname. Still feels a lil' weird for me though. No offense intended here XP

Mmph, I won't be around for the next couple of weeks, so all existing TSCians can accept whoever joins while I'm away. I'll start to join in the conversations when I'm back from exams as well.

Btw, it's Weed-Sama here. Had a name change. You can call me Toki now, unless you want to call me by my old nicknames.
Art by rottingseams on dA

Pretty much on an indefinite hiatus. Will only check back from time to time when school and work commitments allow it.

My dA | TSC | Commissions: OPEN

" Truely, it is in loss that we learn a thing's true value "
~Jacqueline Carey
Sentoki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicoleong9 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm

IKR? That name's so common in Singapore. There's at least 3 other Nicoles in my level, and probably another 2/3 more in my school besides those in my level. Like, my friend would be talking to me saying, "... Oh, and you know Nicole ____" *pause* "Nicole (insert surname here)" and then I'll be like, "Oh~ That Nicole..."

Ooh, it's exam period for you? Jiayous! Mine just ended... But since I missed the Chem Exam (due to SYF) my teacher wants me to revise and test myself at home... Like set aside 1 hour to complete the same paper and then she'll mark it. Pray I don't fail ><

chickennugget63 wrote:That's really cool, I'm not in IP so I wouldn't know, but there's this joke going around that O Levels is easier than A Levels because we don't have to compete with people in IP schools (which are usually smart schools). It's just a joke, but it's quite true, due to the bellcurve thing.

Haha, never heard of that joke, but it might be true? But in the end because we're in IP we spend our last 6-12 months of sec school preparing for A levels. Like, we learn to present some things differently (eg. Lewis Structure) from those taking Os because our teachers want us to learn the A level presentation directly. *shrug* And we even cover some JC stuff in our syllabus that's tested for EOYs... >.< But ah well. Not looking forward to JC though.

(I feel extremely incoherent today and I think my sentences are very disjointed...)
Signature is a WIP

가을 Ga-Eul (Autumn)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nicoleong9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 am

Haha I guess there's different approaches. I'm not looking forward to JC either... Who knows? I may even go to Poly. Oh cool, you're part of syf? Which CCA are you in? I'm in a sports CCA, so I don't know what syf is like, but it seems real interesting.

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicoleong9 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 am

My parents would kill me if I went to a Poly. I mean, we tried so hard to get into an IP school in the first place, and THEN I don't go to JC?

I'm in Chinese Orchestra~ Been in it since middle of P3, so this is my 3rd SYF this year... Ooh sports CCA? Cool~ Which one? I seriously respect how you guys can stand intensive training during the season. I'm not a sporty person, though I do try (and fail).
Signature is a WIP

가을 Ga-Eul (Autumn)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nicoleong9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yağmur » Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 am

Sports and Chinese Orchestra, those are cool CCAs :3
I took part in SYF when I was in secondary school. My CCA was art club and in sec 2 I entred a sculpture competition for SYF. My team won thrid place.
Are you looking for a hint? Stop clowning around!
⚠️I am an artist for CS. You can PM me but I cannot help you with your trades, the rules or moving/locking/deleting topics. ⚠️
~Click here to check out my trade thread~Click here to check out my characters~

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~the above photos belong to me~
Yağmur
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Mon May 06, 2013 2:19 am

I think syf is really cool, and the closest I've gotten into a Performing Arts CCA is when my good friends are in it, and my favourite teacher is the one in-charge. I'd love to be in a Performing Arts CCA, though. I think I'd join either choir, band or guitar ensemble. Chinese Orchestra sounds interesting, but they don't offer it in my school. I'd never join art, though. My artistic talent is too low. I took art in Sec 1, yeah, I failed 3 times. So I tip my hat off to you, since I respect all people good in art.

As for my CCA, I'm in tennis, and proud! I've always been in a sports CCA, I realise. When I was younger I used to be in Artistic Gym, took part in a few competitions once in a while, then I moved on to tennis in P4. I love tennis. And even though, like you said, training can be brutal, I still enjoy it a lot.

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sentoki » Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 am

I'm in a concert band as my cca. Went for the SYF a few weeks before my exams started, and we came out with a certificate of accomplishment (aka Silver). All of my friends are either in performing arts ccas or sports ccas, so I've seen how much training those in sports ccas do when it's the competition season. I really respect you guys for being able to go through such intensive training. Ahaha, I guess I'm just not a sporty person, though I do like sports...to a certain extent XP

Pretty much on an indefinite hiatus. Will only check back from time to time when school and work commitments allow it.

~Jacqueline Carey
Sentoki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Mon May 06, 2013 2:43 am

Yeah, training can get pretty bad before tournament season. Sometimes we can train up to 4 times a week on weekdays, and when I'm free I go for some extra training on the weekends. But it's not just us sportsman, in my school the performing arts CCA students practise every day after school. They train really hard, and the whole school is proud of a lot of our students because we got quite a number of Distinctions.

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sentoki » Mon May 06, 2013 3:11 am

Ahhh all those distinction bands. My school band practices twice a week when there's no major competition upcoming, but we've only gotten to 3 practices a week before the SYF.
Mmph, it seems like all the sports cca people are all so dedicated...and my band mates are like: "Hell, let's go keng this practice. Don't wanna go."

~Jacqueline Carey
Sentoki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicoleong9 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

We usually have 3 practices a week starting about 4 months before SYF, and the week right before SYF would have 4 practices... Ooh, I used to be in art club in primary school, but I never knew there was SYF for visual arts too! Artistic gym is cool, like my friends can do backflips and handstands and whatnot. *jealous* Some of my batchmates pon as well, but they come up with semi-legit excuses that I can't say anything about, so :/
Signature is a WIP

가을 Ga-Eul (Autumn)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nicoleong9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me