The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Postby Jinchuuriki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:24 am

taffydilla. wrote:
question for everyone:

did anyone else start learning spanish in middle school? I started in
early junior high and i'm currently building up. i'm a level 4 as of
right now and I'm not suuuuper good but i'm aiming to at least make
small convo

Since its a general question without a clear target, I can answer too, I suppose, even if I am a bit troll :P
I started learning spanish when I was around... 3-5 I guess? Then my second language was english, around 6? And third language, and waste of my time, was french, from 12 to 12 and three months, when I decided that french and me would be deadly enemies forever. And so it has been until today xD

But general rule is, as long as you study, it doesnt matter much when you start to learn. As a kid it is maybe a bit easier because your only jobs are to learn and to play, so it is more... "continous". But now you should have the advantage of being able to seek various sources of learning xD

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Hello, I hope no one minds if I hang around? I've been learning Spanish for the past year and heard it all my life, but I'm not very good at it yet.

Do hang around, and ask if you have doubts! I "kinda" have been hearing japanese from some time due to anime, and I like to think a few words stay inside of my head even if just from repetition, so I think I know your feeling. I have yet to start seriously studuing japanese, but well anime is better than homework xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miauhyun » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:06 am

¡ hola ! me preguntaba..
    would someone be willing to help me proof-read my script para mi clase de español ? it's a fashion show so even if you aren't fluent, knowledge on just clothing is fine ! please pm if you're willing to help :)

¡ gracias ! y lo siento por mi español/ingles.. me español es no muy bueno.
miauhyun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miauhyun » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 am

taffydilla. wrote:
question for everyone:

did anyone else start learning spanish in middle school?

i started learning in grade 11. i took español nueve (they only start offering at grade 9) in the first semester and am currently in español diez. although, from grade 4-8 it was mandatory to learn french in school (i live in canada).

▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

OH BABY xOH BABY
                  이제 대답해 줘
miauhyun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I know I’m learning Spanish, but I still become shook when I realize that I can actually understand some Spanish when I hear it and read it. :lol:

Like a few days ago I listened to this Spanish song and immediately thought “OMG I can understand some of this!” :lol:

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andreá » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm

I love trying to improve my Spanish, I can catch certain 'sayings' or 'words'
being used, but it's not the best, as I just started learning this year as a freshmen.
I take French (I met my boyfriend in the middle ish of the year, so that's why
I have French instead), but where my boyfriend is half Hispanic(Mexican), I like to understand his
language and culture. He enjoys teaching me, and such. I hope you don't mind if I hang around <3! It's
hard to try to learn two languages at once.
andreá

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 am

Princess Nishea wrote:I know I’m learning Spanish, but I still become shook when I realize that I can actually understand some Spanish when I hear it and read it. :lol:

Like a few days ago I listened to this Spanish song and immediately thought “OMG I can understand some of this!” :lol:

Same happens to me when I watch anime in japanese with english sub, then I hear a word and I know what it means before I look the sub, and Im like "Wow! Im becoming japanese!" xD

It might be because spanish is my main language, but I always thought it was an easy foreign language to learn, nothing like russian, japanese or even that thing... esperanto xD

takis wrote:
being used, but it's not the best, as I just started learning this year as a freshmen.
I have French instead), but where my boyfriend is half Hispanic(Mexican), I like to understand his
language and culture. He enjoys teaching me, and such. I hope you don't mind if I hang around <3! It's

Yup, its like trying to eat and talk at the same time, you might choke on food xD

I would recomend to finnish one first, then go after the other, because if you mix them both, since they are simmilar, you will end not learning any. If I were you, I would learn french first, to at least finish what I started, then spanish. Plus, it should be easy, you have a private teacher already xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andreá » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:11 am

takis wrote:

Jinchuuriki wrote:Yup, its like trying to eat and talk at the same time, you might choke on food xD

I would recomend to finnish one first, then go after the other, because if you mix them both, since they are simmilar, you will end not learning any. If I were you, I would learn french first, to at least finish what I started, then spanish. Plus, it should be easy, you have a private teacher already xD

Haha yea, I'm almost done with French 1, but I'm pretty sure
    I'm going to switch to Spanish 1 next year and do, 2 & 3 for the rest
    of high school. I think Spanish is going to be a lot more useful for me
    rather than French anyways, I mean no one is really speaking
    French in the states expect the teacher, plus I will be
    able to pass the class a lot EASIER lmao.
andreá

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am

takis wrote:

So, lets say you have 4 years of high school, and you do French 1. Instead of doing French 2, 3 and 4 the following three years, you can change and do Spanish 1 on your second year? Doing 1, 2 and 3? Wow, thats flexibility. I wish we could do that here xD

I can see your point, you arent biased AT ALL in your choice, right? xD
It is true, from what I heard that you have mostly english and spanish around, but the one only thing spanish lacks that french has, is what The Merovingian in The Matrix said, french for insulting is so silky and sounds so good, just like a silky whip. Spanish insults are just blunt and to the point xD

But, if I have to choose a language to speak for the rest of my life, Spanish is da best, and not because Im spaniard, mind you, but only because it really is da best xD
It should be the official language of the whole world, so I dont have to study a language ever again, and all anime would be naturally understandable without having to read xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andreá » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Jinchuuriki wrote:
takis wrote:

So, lets say you have 4 years of high school, and you do French 1. Instead of doing French 2, 3 and 4 the following three years, you can change and do Spanish 1 on your second year? Doing 1, 2 and 3? Wow, thats flexibility. I wish we could do that here xD

I can see your point, you arent biased AT ALL in your choice, right? xD
It is true, from what I heard that you have mostly english and spanish around, but the one only thing spanish lacks that french has, is what The Merovingian in The Matrix said, french for insulting is so silky and sounds so good, just like a silky whip. Spanish insults are just blunt and to the point xD

But, if I have to choose a language to speak for the rest of my life, Spanish is da best, and not because Im spaniard, mind you, but only because it really is da best xD
It should be the official language of the whole world, so I dont have to study a language ever again, and all anime would be naturally understandable without having to read xD

They hate is switching our classes, but eh, that’s their job and they can get over it. I don’t have to take Spanish 3 for my diploma, it’s optional but I just rather take it my senior year, because I should have maybe 3 credits or so to finish, BUT since they have cut our classes to 6 instead of 7, I don’t know how that works out 😂.
I would honestly hate learning English and all of the there’s, their and the meanings, so yea Spanish seems pretty good for the best language 😂.
andreá

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darius4Ever ~ ♥ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Hey hey hey! I'm working on my Spanish by translating some fic I've written, and I'd really appreciate it if someone could cross ref my writing to see if I've translated well and/or even correctly. Preferably someone fluent in Spanish or a native speaker. Thanks so much!
Darius4Ever ~ ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me