The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Postby Sakura Kyoko » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:46 am

Heyyyy!

¿Cómo están tod@s? ¿Como les ha ido en estos meses que me he ausentado del foro? ¿Todo bien en casa? ¿Listos para la cena navideña?

Espero que hayan tenido un excelente año.

Por mi parte, logré cerrar un ciclo universitario más sin jalar algún curso (estuve muuuy cerca de jalar uno pero me salvé jajaja).

¿De casualidad alguien quiere alguno de mis Dec.18 pets? No me toco nada especial este año pero si alguien los quiere están en mi “pets without a group/ ungrouped pets”. Solo avísenme que son del foro y son suyos.

Espero que tengan unas bonitas fiestas y un precioso 2019 <3
Semi quitting
Sakura Kyoko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:39 am

¡¡Feliz almost Navidadddddd!!

Estoy escribiendo una historia de mi vida para mi clase de Español 10, nosotros aprendimos 'el pretérito' y un otro tense el mes pasado. Yo quiero aprender mas, pero los tenses son muy dificil y los conjugaciones excepciones (is that what you say?) son demasiados dificil.. creo que estoy muriendo todo el tiempo durante la clase de español. ¿Estoy muriendo? Ya lo creo.

I tried. How do I say "Still" or "Even Now" in Spanish? My teacher won't tell me bc it's the final project and I oughta practice my Spanish skills.

════
━ ━ ━ ━
━ ━ ━ ━
━ ━ ━ ━
Hello my
name is
Tsuki or
Akarin~
I like ma
-king sig
natures!
+genshin
━ ━ ━ ━
═ ═ ═
██░
██░
██░
██░
██░

██░
██░
██░
██░
██░
██░
➞➞
TEXT
TEXT

██░
██░

═ ════ ═ ═
══════╤█████████ ██

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
𝙁𝙊𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙊𝙍𝙎 LVL. 90
𝘾𝙇𝙊𝙎𝙀 𝘽𝙊𝙏𝙃 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍
𝙀𝙔𝙀𝙎 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇 ━ ━
█████
██
██
◥█
↯ █
█████████
█████████

╰ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
⤴︎██
PANO
R͠A͠M͠A
P͠A͠N͠O
R͠A͠M͠A
███
Tsukỉ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:16 am

Princess Nishea wrote:¡Hola todos!
Yo solo quiero a digo ese yo esperanza todos es teniendo un bueno diciembre.
!Felices fiestas!

Was I suppose to change esperanza to esperanzo for the sake of conjugation?
I’m not sure. Additionally, does anyone know how and when infinitives should be used, or if they should be used at all?
Any critique is appreciated. (^ u ^)

i think what you mean to say is "i just want to say that i hope everyone is having a good december"... did you translate it all word by word? :P it should be: yo sólo quiero decirles que espero que todos estén teniendo un buen diciembre.

oh and esperanza is the noun and esperar is the verb! so you were right in not conjugating it.

dunno if there is a popular collocation dictionary in spanish, (i mean i know of one but it's real rare and expensive, more translator material than learner) but one great help would be using the site linguee because it shows you translations of phrases in context! check it out and tell me whether it was useful c:

┌────────────────

today's song:__________________________
『more productive comfortable』
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾fitter happierradiohead,

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:29 am

Artemỉs wrote:¡¡Feliz almost Navidadddddd!!

Estoy escribiendo una historia de mi vida para mi clase de Español 10, nosotros aprendimos 'el pretérito' y un otro tense el mes pasado. Yo quiero aprender mas, pero los tenses son muy dificil y los conjugaciones excepciones (is that what you say?) son demasiados dificil.. creo que estoy muriendo todo el tiempo durante la clase de español. ¿Estoy muriendo? Ya lo creo.

I tried. How do I say "Still" or "Even Now" in Spanish? My teacher won't tell me bc it's the final project and I oughta practice my Spanish skills.

"almost" is most of the times translated as "casi". so "feliz casi Navidad" would be correct. "Tense/s" is "tiempo/s verbal/es" or simply "tiempo/s". For example: ¿Cómo conjugo el (tiempo) pretérito?... you can even omit it and just say the name of the tense if you're talking about a particular one.
    "Demasiado" is a tricky word, remember that if it is being used as an intensifier you're not meant to make it match the adjective, whereas if you use it as the adjective itself you have to:
    Intensifier: "El gato es demasiado lindo" "Los gatos son demasiado lindos"
    Adjective: "Tengo demasiados problemas" "Tengo demasiada ropa"
    "Still" in the sense of "even now" would be safely translated as "todavía" or "aún" (which is NOT the same as "aun" without the accent. Though if u mess up there it's hardly a mistake since very few native speakers know that).
    "I still go to gym" = todavía voy al gimnasio
    "I still love you" = todavía te amo
    "I have still not read the book = todavía no he leído el libro
    In the sense of "be still", still is quieto/quieta.
    Hope it was useful!

┌────────────────

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:12 am

nua, wrote:
Princess Nishea wrote:¡Hola todos!
Yo solo quiero a digo ese yo esperanza todos es teniendo un bueno diciembre.
!Felices fiestas!

Was I suppose to change esperanza to esperanzo for the sake of conjugation?
I’m not sure. Additionally, does anyone know how and when infinitives should be used, or if they should be used at all?
Any critique is appreciated. (^ u ^)

i think what you mean to say is "i just want to say that i hope everyone is having a good december"... did you translate it all word by word? :P it should be: yo sólo quiero decirles que espero que todos estén teniendo un buen diciembre.

oh and esperanza is the noun and esperar is the verb! so you were right in not conjugating it.

dunno if there is a popular collocation dictionary in spanish, (i mean i know of one but it's real rare and expensive, more translator material than learner) but one great help would be using the site linguee because it shows you translations of phrases in context! check it out and tell me whether it was useful c:

Thanks so much for the help!
That is what I wanted to say.

I've been learning spanish words and then using them as if I were typing/speaking in english (switching the english words with the spanish words that mean the same thing).
Is this the wrong approach?

I will definitely check out the website you mentioned. (^ u ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Princess Nishea wrote:Thanks so much for the help!

I've been learning spanish words and then using them as if I were typing/speaking in english (switching the english words with the spanish words that mean the same thing).

Yeah, that approach very rarely goes right... i mean both ways, spanish into english also, for example, "planta" in spanish means both "plant" and "sole"... and translating "la planta del pie" out of context could end up like this: "the plant of the foot" hahaha

Anyway guys i wish you a very feliz año nuevo, although here in the southern hemisphere it is still eleven o' clock. Cheers! ♡♡♡

┌────────────────

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:34 pm

nua, wrote:
Princess Nishea wrote:Thanks so much for the help!

Yeah, that approach very rarely goes right... i mean both ways, spanish into english also, for example, "planta" in spanish means both "plant" and "sole"... and translating "la planta del pie" out of context could end up like this: "the plant of the foot" hahaha

Anyway guys i wish you a very feliz año nuevo, although here in the southern hemisphere it is still eleven o' clock. Cheers! ♡♡♡

Feliz año nuevo to you too (It's not New Years where I am either, so I'm saying it a bit early too :lol:).

How do you suggest I go about using the spanish words that I learn since the current way I'm doing it very rarely goes right. (^ u ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:50 am

Princess Nishea wrote:Feliz año nuevo to you too (It's not New Years where I am either, so I'm saying it a bit early too :lol:).

How do you suggest I go about using the spanish words that I learn since the current way I'm doing it very rarely goes right. (^ u ^)

Thank you! :)
    Probably keep it simple and add knowledge bit by bit. The same way english is taught to us native spanish speakers. We start:
    Cat
    A cat
    I have a cat
    I have a nice cat
    I have a nice cat that plays
    I have a nice cat that plays with me
    I have a nice cat that plays with me every day

And so on and so on. That way you can be more sure that what you're saying is correct. The less new words you add in a sentence, the more assured you are that what you said, if not correct, at the very least is much more understandable :^)

┌────────────────

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby N.A.B.C » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:28 am

¡Hola! No hablo español con fluidez pero tomo clase de español en la escuela. Este es mi tercer año de español en la escuela secundaria. Sin embargo, mi clase es Español cuatro, puesto que tenía derecho a saltarme un año por buena nota en el examen de nivel. Yo probablemente parezco estúpido pero estoy haciendo lo mejor que puedo. ¡Por favor siéntete libre de hablar conmigo!
N.A.B.C

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wrld » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

looking for translation help from anyone fluent in Spanish!
she/her - virgo
wrld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me