The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Postby Rosalind » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:13 am

Hola! Me llama es Rosalind, soy de Estados Unidos. Yo (Como se dice "speak" en el espanol?) un poco el espanol. Yo estoy de la clase el espanol uno.

I hope to work on my skills here so maybe I can actually pick the language up! Speaking of which, I can't get the codes to work, and I'm just using Windows and Internet Explorer. Help, por favor? d:

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!
I used to be a General Helper
so if you are looking for any help send in a help ticket. CS's amazing team will help you!
I'm not very active anymore, although I occasionally pop on so replies to PMs and trades could be slow.

[Character Thread] [Fursona Thread]

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tuna » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 am

¡hola! me llamo phoenix. :) i only know a small amount of spanish, as i'm only halfway through spanish 1. i have been meaning to post here for a while.

Rosalind wrote:
    Hola! Me llama es Rosalind, soy de Estados Unidos. Yo (Como se dice "speak" en el espanol?) un poco el espanol. Yo estoy de la clase el espanol uno.

I hope to work on my skills here so maybe I can actually pick the language up! Speaking of which, I can't get the codes to work, and I'm just using Windows and Internet Explorer. Help, por favor? d:

hablar is the verb that means "to speak" in spanish.
but since you're talking about yourself, you'd use hablo, which means "i speak," if i'm correct. :)

i hope you don't mind me correcting you a little bit!!
i think it is "la clase de español," otherwise it means (literally) "the class the spanish." ;)

also, that depends on the computer you're using! the codes don't work for me, either. u_u;

hi i'm tuna and contr
ary to popular belief i
am not actually a fish.
(◐ o ◑ )

♀ ♥ ♋ ♦ tumblr

where am i?
it is a mystery...

did u know that tuna is called "chicken of the sea" so it would sell better in stores
fun fact
tuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosalind » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:25 am

Aha! That's what I thought but I didn't have my notes handy. d: Also, yah I forgot about that! haha my teacher gets so frustrated with me doing that in class as well!

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!
so if you are looking for any help send in a help ticket. CS's amazing team will help you!
I'm not very active anymore, although I occasionally pop on so replies to PMs and trades could be slow.

Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby windows98 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

If you are on windows and can't use the codes then you could alternatively try opening up the character map and copy/pasting from that. On windows 7- you can click the start menu and search for it, or I think it is typically under accessories. On windows 8 you go to the home screen, right click, click "All apps" and look for it in there. Or you could search for them on the internet I guess xD

The ~ thing over the n is called a tilde and the dash over the vowels is called an acute. Knowing that makes it easier to find them in the character map because then all you have to do is search acute/tilde and you'll see all the letters with them rather than having to look through a long list of characters.

Also I am also only halfway through Spanish 1. Hooray for Spanish 1 xD Anyone who is in or has done Spanish 2, what is that like? Is that the same as Spanish 1 but with more vocab or whatever or does it go more in depth?

ImageImageImage
windows98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Felraen » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Hola a todos :3 Me llamo Felraen (o Ashlyn) y soy de los Estados Unidos. Hablo español un poco, pero estoy aprendiendo más. (Hello everyone :3 my name is Felraen (or Ashlyn) and I'm from the USA. I speak Spanish a little, but I am learning more.) I'm currently taking Honors Spanish 3 this year.

@Aishling_chan
For me, Spanish 2 was much more in-depth. My class went though multiple new verb tenses, including the reiteration of preterite (and the vast amount of preterite irregulars) as well as imperfect (past tense but more indefinite time-wise, like "I used to run every day."), present progressive ("I am running."), past progressive ("I was running."), conditional ("I would run."), future ("I will run."), present perfect ("I have ran.") and present subjunctive (I will not speak of it, as it is more difficult to explain). We also went over affirmative and negative Tú, Usted, and Ustedes commands slightly, though in Spanish 3 we are being slammed with those, + the commands in Nosotros and Vosotros.

We haven't yet gone over many new tenses in 3, but we are correcting a lot of common errors and learning some important grammatical information, such as determining accents (how and why they are used, using them in the singular of a word and not using one in the plural, so on).

You will always be learning new vocab, no matter what level of Spanish you're in, just as you're always learning more English words (intentionally or not). As superfluous as you may believe the new words may be, they really come in handy, especially on assignments or when you have no choice but to come face to face with a native speaker that needs your assistance. Trust me, I had to pull up a lot of my Spanish vocab to help lead a native speaker around school on the first day (she had just moved to the area, and there are very few native speakers in the area) and I ended up running into a friend of mine who is fluent in both languages (she's of Spanish origin but yet extremely fluent in English). Just don't toss any of the info away as useless, you'll need it someday :3

Also, know that it will continue to get more difficult, as with any class, but if you're willing to learn more it should be no problem to you ^^

Additionally, maybe a link should be posted somewhere with links as to how to post such letters and symbols. I found a helpful one here:
http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/bylanguage/spanish.html

TRADING CS FOR FR
All pets and items are up for trade for FR currency and items!

FR: Felraen #26868

*Avatar by Lucikan, character by me
Felraen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Don-Quijote » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Hola a todos

Mi novia me invitó a este foro. Espero que encuentre nuevos amigos 8-)
Don-Quijote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosalind » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 am

¡Hola mi amigos! ¿Comó estas hoy? Yo soy muy castanda.
    (Hello my friends! How are you today? I am very tired.)

Today we learned the conjugations of querer and we had to write some sentences with it, and I had to use my dictionary for some of the words I wanted to use that we haven't yet learned. Would someone mind checking over it and telling me if it makes sense/is conjugated correctly? Mucho gracias!

1. Quiero buenas notas. (I want to get good grades.)
    2. Quiero alcanzo estar pista reunirse. (I want to win at a track meet.)
    3. Quiero compro caballo. (I want to buy a horse.)
    4. Quiero por viajar de países. (I want to travel to other countries.)
    5. Quiero tengo bonita la casa. (I want to own a pretty home.)

Don-Quijote wrote:Hola a todos

Mi novia me invitó a este foro. Espero que encuentre nuevos amigos 8-)

¡Bienvenido!

Hi there, I'm Rosalind!

Rosalind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Rosalind wrote:
    ¡Hola mi amigos! ¿Comó estas hoy? Yo soy muy castanda.
    (Hello my friends! How are you today? I am very tired.)

Today we learned the conjugations of querer and we had to write some sentences with it, and I had to use my dictionary for some of the words I wanted to use that we haven't yet learned. Would someone mind checking over it and telling me if it makes sense/is conjugated correctly? Mucho gracias!

1. Quiero buenas notas. (I want to get good grades.)
    2. Quiero alcanzo estar pista reunirse. (I want to win at a track meet.)
    3. Quiero compro caballo. (I want to buy a horse.)
    4. Quiero por viajar de países. (I want to travel to other countries.)
    5. Quiero tengo bonita la casa. (I want to own a pretty home.)

(Yo estoy bien, ¡Gracias!)
    So hey! Would you mind if I check? c:

1 is great, I also want to get good grades. :1
    2 would be ''Quiero ganar una carrera de atletismo.'' Or something like that, I guess- I don't know the exact word for 'track meet'.
    3 would be ''Quiero comprar un caballo''. See, after the verb 'querer', when you want to express you want something it is followed by a verb in infinitive.
    4 is ''Quiero viajar a/por otros países'' almost perfect, you did.
    5 would be ''Quiero tener una casa bonita''. Your sentence looks more like ''Quiero tener la casa bonita'', which would mean ''I want to keep the house pretty'', and it is also a very nice thought c:

Buena suerte, veo que a pesar de las correcciones igualmente sos genial con el español, y que te está yendo muy bien :3
    (Good luck, I see that in spite of the corrections you are great with spanish, and that you are doing really well so far!)
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
┌────────────────

today's song:__________________________
『you stole the sun straight from my heart』
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾your love alone is not enoughmsp,

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meowool » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:16 am

Felraen wrote:
@Aishling_chan
For me, Spanish 2 was much more in-depth. My class went though multiple new verb tenses, including the reiteration of preterite (and the vast amount of preterite irregulars) as well as imperfect (past tense but more indefinite time-wise, like "I used to run every day."), present progressive ("I am running."), past progressive ("I was running."), conditional ("I would run."), future ("I will run."), present perfect ("I have ran.") and present subjunctive (I will not speak of it, as it is more difficult to explain). We also went over affirmative and negative Tú, Usted, and Ustedes commands slightly, though in Spanish 3 we are being slammed with those, + the commands in Nosotros and Vosotros.

[/url]

The subjunctive isn't used really that much in English, one example 'If I were you...' uses the subjunctive. It's more of a 'mood' rather than a tense. (Please note I am not a spanish speaker, so I'll be talking about it's use in French, I would imagine that it's use is similar as the two languages are related somewhat.) But it is used after certain phrases like 'je pense que' and 'bien que'. ("I think that..." and "although that...." respectively)

My sister's been doing Spanish for about a year and for some reason I find nosotros and vosotros really funny!
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flightstar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:06 am

Ugh, I'm in Spanish 2 Honors, and since my teacher is the head of the language department, he makes us fill out Spanish Use Forms. We have to talk to someone in Spanish for an hour and read/watch/do something Spanish related for an hour. Most of us just crap them, like me. X3

Now we're doing imperfect. More ugh. I can never remember the er/ir endings as well as some of the irregular tenses.
Feel free to refer to me as Flightstar or Flighty! She/Her - I am an adult!
my lovely bf! I may gift him unfairly sometimes
Please trade me! Always looking ♥
Flightstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me