Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby axelandria » Thu May 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Adopters must have had their account for at least 7 months. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm

My previously assigned newbie hasn't been on since April 13th and so never needed any help - I forgot to resubmit my application for the month. I feel bad there weren't enough adopters this time! I'd love to be added to the top of the list! :)

sumashira wrote:Username: sumashira
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): - - -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS?: Yes; I have adopted multiple newbies in past AAN threads as well as occasionally helping in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems board.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been a member of CS since July 2010 and I know my way around very well at this point. I'm very friendly and love having the opportunity to help others.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS daily, usually multiple times a day for at least 10 minutes or so each time. I always get notifications for PMs.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adaejha » Sat May 15, 2021 6:09 am

Username: Adaejha
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Saw some posts in the Flight Rising forum and decided to check it out
What do you like best so far?: Being able to have a lot of different tabs/groups to sort all my pets
Any questions?: When is rollover server time, and is there a server-time clock on-site? (And many others)
He/They
Call me Day!
Adaejha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loubylou » Mon May 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Loubylou wrote:Username: loubylou
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):welsh
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:because I like to help and I have worked out how the website works now
How often do you get on CS, and how long are :!: you typically online on these days?:about 3 days a week for an hour
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:yes

when do i get assinged
Loubylou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue May 18, 2021 5:28 am

Loubylou wrote:
Loubylou wrote:Username: loubylou
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):welsh
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:because I like to help and I have worked out how the website works now
How often do you get on CS, and how long are :!: you typically online on these days?:about 3 days a week for an hour
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:yes

when do i get assinged

Hello,

You have been declined. As stated in the update above:
    The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
    • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GL1TZY » Tue May 18, 2021 5:39 am

Username:•♤ lølbit ♤•
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):i'm fluent in english
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i haven't
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:i would love to help and I've been here for a while and made many mistakes by not knowing what was aloud and what wasn't and i don't want anyone to get banned for not knowing what was aloud.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i'm almost always online everyday of the week and weekends since i don't really go anywhere the only time this may change is if we get out of lockdown but even then i'll be online everyday.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:of course!
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageHe/TheyImageImage
GL1TZY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IcyKrystal » Wed May 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Username:IcyKrystal
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:On a website called Magistream on a user's profile.
What do you like best so far?:2nd gen pets
Any questions?:N/A
Image Image
IcyKrystal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight rose* » Thu May 20, 2021 4:31 am

Username: Midnight Rose*
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A add, I don't remember where.(Probably YouTube)
What do you like best so far?: Hamsters in costumes
Any questions?:N/A
Midnight rose*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberry_dolly » Thu May 20, 2021 4:36 am

strawbaby-jam wrote:(adopter form)

Username: strawbaby-jam

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): n/a

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: xxx are the most recent examples I can find, and I also try to help out on the 'is this a fair trade thread' whenever I can!

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Since 'rediscovering' chicken smoothie (I originally joined in 2011, but that account is long gone!), I really enjoy meeting and chatting to people! I was lucky, and had a good friend who knew the site well and that made my early experience so much better (for instance, I could make the most of events, build up my collection and avoid pitfalls like making horrible trade offers!), and would love to be that person for someone else! I'm on the site far too much, and am very familiar with navigating it, calculating trade fairness and also the mechanics of things like events, and being able to share that knowledge makes me so happy! I really enjoy making sure other players, and especially newer players, can get the most out of the site, and I feel that the best way to do that is to have a good understanding of how it works! I'm just very enthusiastic about Chicken Smoothie as a whole: the site holds a lot of nostalgia and good memories, and so I'm eager to spread that to other people and help them out wherever I can!

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I check in every morning at least, and then usually have the site open in a tab throughout the day to check in for things like trades, messages and the pound!

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes! (and it's very concise and well written!)

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course!

(I'd like to be added back on the list please! Thank you!)
✿sweet lolita✿butterfly wolf enthusiast (31 to go)✿
✿they/them lesbian✿

x
Life really does need things to live
strawberry_dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4budge » Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Username: 4budge
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend introduced it to me in fifth grade. I never really got the hang of it back then, but now I'm a sophomore in college and want to try again
What do you like best so far?: I really like the anticipation of watching how my pets evolve and seeing all the possibilities for what they could grow into
Any questions?: Not at the present moment :)
4budge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me