Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby axelandria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:44 am

Username: axelandria
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): (Quebec) french
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I adopted a newbie last year, but they never responded. I've searched through my pms, but was unable to find any related to this, likely because I deleted them. I helped fennec <3 figure out some oekaki functions over pm, and I coded their signature. currently helping out a friend figure out the site, but they are only interested in the pet adoption portion of cs, and don't need very much help anymore. I helped them with rarities and growth of pets, and gifted them a bunch of pets and items to get them started, as well as coding their signature. I just helped a newbie from this thread (transferred over from old one), and they no longer need my help.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I really want to help someone else on this site. no one helped me when I was first on chickensmoothie, and it took me a long time to figure everything out. this is probably why I often search through the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems forum, trying to find questions I can answer correctly. I really like talking to others and just chit chatting (I even have a pm folder for it), and I'm not shy of giving away my drawing/coding services for free. I'd be glad to help someone any way I can.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get online almost every day, if I can. Mondays I'm online from 4-6pm, Wednesdays 4-5:30pm and 8-8:30/9pm. all other weekdays I'm online from 4-6pm and 7-8/9pm. weekends- I'm online Saturday afternoons and evenings, Sundays are unreliable.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyo Sohma. » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Username: Kyo Sohma.
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Searching for fun games to play
What do you like best so far?: I have only adopted pets so far, they seem pretty cool haha
Any questions?: I am curious about this website and would like to know more about well everything and Having a friend on here would be cool
Kyo Sohma.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Expect the Banana » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:43 am

Username: Expect the Banana
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I saw someone with a cute pet on another site
What do you like best so far?: I think that the pets you can get are really cool
Any questions?: I don't know much about the pets. How long do they take to grow up? How do you start collecting them?
Expect the Banana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:16 am

Expect the Banana wrote:Any questions?: I don't know much about the pets. How long do they take to grow up? How do you start collecting them?

Most pets are usually fully grown within 30 days some may grow up sooner.
It takes time to build up your collection the best way is to trade any extras you may have with other players.
If you're looking to trade pets that for the current month or past month check out The Official Swap Threads: This Month and Last Month.
Although I would recommend keeping all your pets until they are fully-grown that way you can see what outcome they'll be.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mondsteinherz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 am

Username: Mondsteinherz
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I searched online pet sites.
What do you like best so far?: I love the huge variety of pets, especially the cats and dragons!
Any questions?: I have a lot..I’ll start with..is it best to adopt (create) as many pets of each species as it allows me?
Mondsteinherz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotayle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Just marking the thread so I can stay up to date, still waiting for a newbie =)
Lights off
Kotayle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Mondsteinherz wrote:Username: Mondsteinherz
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I searched online pet sites.
What do you like best so far?: I love the huge variety of pets, especially the cats and dragons!
Any questions?: I have a lot..I’ll start with..is it best to adopt (create) as many pets of each species as it allows me?

Yes, definitely! There's no guarantees that you'll get all of the outcomes even if you adopt the maximum amount, so it's always good to have some extras to swap with others :) there's also no downside to having too much pets. You don't have limited space and don't need to feed/walk/care for the pets. If you ever feel like you've got too many pets and want to clear your groups a bit, you can just gift them away or donate them to the pound

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Idle_Arts » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:29 am

Username: nya.cool.fox
    Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish
    Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have not on here but I help on my Instagram posts
    Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I understand most of the things they may be confused on
    How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: everyday if not more
    Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes I have
    Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes I agree
    Hey!

He/They 🏳️‍⚧️💛

Goals:
      Collect All Bats
      Get zodiac pet/s
      Get omgsr
      Complete general helpers sets
      Complete staff sets

I am active duty military. Meaning I have full time job, including weekends. So I may be slow to messages/trades.

I get on here with my phone cause my laptop is slower than a sloth in a pool of honey.

I have ADHD so I forget things and get distracted. Nothing personal, I forgot to eat for 2 days before so really, it’s not personal.

(I’m currently reorganizing all my pets, so it’s a bit messy in there!)
    Idle_Arts

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Painted Fox » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 pm

ooo shiny new thread!

Hi! I haven't been able to help my newbie and I was hoping to be assigned a new one. Thanks!
    ────────────────────────── ( WHO DIES )
    ───────────────────
    ⋆ She/Her ⋆ FR ⋆ Queer ⋆ Theatre ⋆
    IG ⋆ Adult ⋆ Short ⋆ C$ Store

───────────────────
    x.C R E D I T !! .x
    ───────────────────
    ── ( who tells ) ──
    Painted Fox

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Thread Update

Painted Fox wrote:ooo shiny new thread!

Hi! I haven't been able to help my newbie and I was hoping to be assigned a new one. Thanks!

I just had a newbie tell me they weren't contacted by their adopter, so they have been reassigned to you; their name is Kate21.

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM me, and I will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
    x
    x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Hi! Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
    v
    x
    AquilaFuga
    Admin Assistant

My pets
    My items