Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Kīlljoy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 am

Username: Repressedemu

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend recommended it before I quit flight rising
What do you like best so far?: The designs of the pets
Any questions?:
None at all!
“A wise man once told me, 'family don't end in blood.' But it doesn't start there either. Family cares about you, not what you can do for them. Family is there, for the good, bad, all of it. They got your back, even when it hurts. That's family.”
Kīlljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxGoblin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am

Username: FoxGoblin
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:Lolcat
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:Lots of people I know play it
What do you like best so far?: LOOK AT THE CUTE ANIMALS
Any questions?: Is there a max amount of pets you can get?
Hello! No fancy text here! Just a human being.
FoxGoblin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TedTed13 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 am

Okicat wrote:I have joined this game last night, and have gotten a basic grasp of it, but I am still slightly confused.
Username: Okicat
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I heard it on Youtube, along with from some friends.
What do you like best so far?: I really enjoy the dedication of the community as I can see, and I enjoy the species and designs of the pets, some of them are really fascinating.
Any questions?:
I am confused about the forum:

1. How do you make a thread?
2. What is a bump? What is necessary about it?

1. To make a new thread, go to the forum that you want to post in and click the 'New Topic' button at the top left of the page (beside the forum search bar)
2. Bump stands for Bring Up My Post. It is used to bring a thread back to the front page of the forum after it has fallen off. This allows more people to see the post.
TedTed13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxesRbeautiful » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am

FoxGoblin wrote:Username: FoxGoblin
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:Lolcat
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:Lots of people I know play it
What do you like best so far?: LOOK AT THE CUTE ANIMALS
Any questions?: Is there a max amount of pets you can get?

There's no max! Some players are trying to collect every pet ever released and often have doubles, this builds up to thousands of pets.
Please trade with me! I'm free to talk to and answer any questions. I've been around since 2011.
I love this game so much, I grew up on CS
FoxesRbeautiful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cacti. » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Username: Cacti.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: yes, in the fair trade thread 1 2 and others I'm having a tough time finding
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I think i'd be a good help my friend actually joined a few weeks ago and I've enjoyed helping her and I think i did pretty well
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get online daily for at least an hour or two. and i'd be willing to give them my email/ phone number so they can contact me if they need urgent help
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 3
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes

Image || © || Image

x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Zodiacs and 3
Malk element cats UFA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello, im Oliver
they/them
agender
asexual
panromantic
Follow my insta
@oliverdepression
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
Cacti.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkeine » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 am

Username: Paperjam
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend in real life recommended it to me!
What do you like best so far?:
I like what ive seen of the game mechanics so far. Ive also read a bit about the site founders. Tess and Nick seem like cool people :)
Any questions?:
None for now.
But I am trying to figure out how trading works//
Image Image
𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 ▒▒▒▒▒
〚Lukas〛〚Male〛〚Leo〛〚Artist〛

Hello i'm Lukas! I've been playing CS
CS since 2014.
I'm a big fan of Marvel, both comics and MCU
I also really love musicals, and birds!

𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 ▒▒
Image Image Image
𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜
[url]Image[/url]

› ›
› ›
› ›
› ›
› ›

xxxxxxxxxxx9¾
Image Image
Arkeine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baldursgate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:52 am

Username: epiphxny
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): french!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: because i've been on this site for awhile, got to get used to it and i feel like i am good at explaining things.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i get on as much as i can. nowadays i try to be online on as much as a daily basis as i can.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 3
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: mhm!

╔═════════════════════════╗

->eric - adult - any prn (no they)<-
-----------------------------------------
hello, i'm eric! a big fan of the
baldur's gate franchise (as one
could tell) and a halloween
pet enthusiast. open to trades,
messages, all that hoohaa.
freebies folder-trades thread

╚═════════════════════════╝

baldursgate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaLitFam » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:02 am

Username: happyhorserider

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am semi-fluent in Spanish. (Español)

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: (n/a)

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: When I first joined chicken smoothie a couple years ago I was extremely confused on most of the mechanics and workings of the game, as a younger player at the time I became so angry at the game, namely the fact I couldn't use it correctly, that I quit logging on for a full year until I took the time to figure everything out. This experience was so frustrating for me as a young player, and could have all been avoided if i have someone to explain the game to me in depth. While the Wiki does help with a lot of the 'gameplay' there is a lot of basic mechanics that are confusing to new player. Also a lot of the "slang" or "lingo" used on chicken smoothie often is misinterpreted and undefinable for new players, as often there is no place which will state basic definitions of the phrases used on Chicken Smoothie. I simply want to help new players as they learn how to play the game, because I understand the struggle of being a new player.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually log on for a half an hour in the morning, and then for an hour around noon. Occasionally I will play for a couple hours in the evening.

How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I would be willing to adopt 2 newbies. I want to give my full attention and help to my newbies, and that can be hard to do with many newbies. Each of the newbies I adopt should know that they have my full priority, and that they are not simply one out of many.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, the newbie is here to learn, and receive help from me. I would never want to be hateful to my newbie, as I will most likely be their first impression of chicken smoothie. I should be someone that my Newbie is comfortable to chat with, or ask questions to, not someone who they are scared of, or do not feel comfortable with.
Last edited by DaLitFam on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inhale the memes, Exhale the memes, inject the memes into your bloodstream
There are good memes, and there are bad memes
Why has Dog abandoned us
DaLitFam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mileagehaze » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 am

Username: .King.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): --
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've helped on forms if people double post, I inform them that it's considered spam, they usually listen. I can't seem to find the posts. Maybe they got deleted?
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I'm very considerate with people, and I try my best to be as polite as I can.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on basically daily. Around 1-5 hours if not more.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2 will be fine.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Of course.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, I'm not the type of person who wants to make people feel uncomfortable here.
signature is forever a wip until i finally learn how to code <3

credits - avatar is tails from sonic mania <3
mileagehaze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JasmineBlooms » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:57 am

Username: JasmineBlooms

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my first language!

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've been on other petsites like fr and sites with similar userbases like pfq for ages--I remember hearing about it on pf1 I think years ago, just never came over here until now

What do you like best so far?: There are lots of really cute pixel pets! I'm always one for pixel pets.

Any questions?:
My favorite way to play these games is through collecting and trading. But it seems here that a lot of trading has a lot of very specific terms and the trading guide I've found suggests looking through the trading forum but a lot of trades seem to happen invisibly (people offering on pets through trade suggestions if I have that right?) so I'm a bit confused on how to navigate that sector.
I'm also a bit confused as to what rarities actually mean, and when they come out--January's was out as soon as I was looking for them, but February's still aren't, which is confusing to me. Are they calculated automatically based on whatever criteria, or how is that managed as well?
Also what exactly is Oekaki?
JasmineBlooms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me