Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby -Blufox » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:23 am

Username: -TruBlue
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I know a decent amount of Spanish.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: x x x x x
I have also adopted a newbie beforehand as an underage applicant.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I should be allowed to adopt a newbie because I absolutely love helping people and I would like to give people a helping hand on the site. I know a lot about CS and I would be able to answer my newbie's questions.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Multiple hours a day, depending on my schedule. On school days, about three hours. On weekends, about 6.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I am willing to adopt 2 newbies.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I have.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, absolutely.
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlightRising » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:52 am

My username is FlightRising
Language:English
I'm a newbie and I need help
I found ChickenSmoothie through my sister who doesn't play anymore.
Please help me. ;)
I LOVE to trade! Please trade me!
Check out my lair on FR!
FlightRising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:18 am

Thread Update

NOTE:
This update is very overdue, so apologies for the wait; I'll ensure this does not happen again in future.
As there was a lot to get through with this update it's possible I might have made a mistake somewhere; if you have any concerns please PM me.

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Adopters must have an account of at least one year of age. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon and AquilaFuga

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am

Do I post here?
Username: AlexLeDraggu
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English (American English)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my friend recommended it to me
What do you like best so far?: how pretty the pets are
Any questions?: how do I be adopted and who wants to adopt me? X3
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies

Postby toriiwasabii » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:54 am

Username: toriiwasabii
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english <3
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: facebook!
What do you like best so far?: Definitely the drawing section! That is so neat
Any questions?: I can catch onto things fairly quickly, but forum sites are always more confusing for me to navigate around so bare with me ok? I spent a lot of time reading around the newbie guide but my eyes strain a lot when reading huge text so I'd just like some more help understanding how this works
toriiwasabii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cass. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Username: .Cass.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Just English ^-^
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I help frequently on the ‘ how much is this in C$’ thread, I’m currently unable to get the link for it due to being on my phone.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I’ve been on CS for roughly 6 years now so I know my way around the site pretty well and I’m used to the community on here! I’m very good at explaining instructions and information. I’m positive I’ll be able to help some newbies understand how the site works and the community and how to find their way around and how they can enjoy all of Chicken Smoothies amazing features.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I always have a tab open with CS on, I check it roughly every 30 mins and then there are longer time periods I’m online for 2-3 hours while posting in forums.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
.Cass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxesRbeautiful » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:31 pm

AlexLeDraggu wrote:Do I post here?
Username: AlexLeDraggu
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English (American English)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my friend recommended it to me
What do you like best so far?: how pretty the pets are
Any questions?: how do I be adopted and who wants to adopt me? X3

If you haven't been adopted yet, you'll have to wait until the Mods update the adopters lists, then they'll send you an email. Feel free to PM me if you need any help in the meantime! (There is a little button to the right of this post saying "PM" under my name :) )
Last edited by FoxesRbeautiful on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please trade with me! I'm free to talk to and answer any questions. I've been around since 2011.
I love this game so much, I grew up on CS
FoxesRbeautiful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 am

↟The Sound Of Drums↟ wrote:
    Username: ↟The Sound Of Drums↟
    Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
    Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've been an adopter before and I've helped many newbies, mostly through PM or the introductions board. I've also given full, in-depth explanations on the rarity system, and how the adoption/growth of CS pets works, among other things.
    Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've learned a lot in my five years on CS, and even since I last adopted. I feel like I can now offer better help and explanations to everyday needs and questions. As I've stated in my previous form, I've always had a knack for helping people out, and now that I feel more comfortable with my knowledge on the site I wish to open my doors again. I feel like it's been long enough since my last post here. Adopting a newbie also helps me, in a sense, in breaking out of my introvert shell, making me more open to people in general.
    How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Since school is in full effect, my active times have shortened slightly, ranging around 4-5 hours? I'm online almost all day on my mobile device, with slight inactive intervals. I will always get notifications of PMs, no matter where I am.
    How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2
    Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I have.
    Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! No need to scare them off before they've even begun :)

One of my newbies has PMed me telling me they do not need help, and I'm still waiting for a response from my other newbie. I'm open to take another player if needed.

Edit;; the other newbie saw my PM but has not responded.

Edit2;; It's been a week, and my second newbie never responded. I never helped either of my newbie, so may I be put at the top of the list?
Last edited by Monomares on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 am

maple leaf. wrote:Username: Valtameri (now maple leaf.)
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I'm fluent in English.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have gifted new players, and I used to run an adoption center. I cannot find the thread as it was long ago though.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on CS two years now. I don't know much of the community, but I'd like to interact more with it. I'm pretty comfortable with the trading system, and know how to check if a trade is fair or not. I've seen new players accidentally accept trades that were extremely unfair to them, and I want to help others avoid that. I check the forums constantly, and know a lot of threads with helpful information. I know how to use the Oekaki as well so I can help with questions about that. When I first joined, I did not get a helper. I had to learn how CS works on my own and it was frustrating at times. I want to make sure newbies are treated just like a member of the family.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I come online every day. I check CS multiple times each hour. I probably spend around 6 hours on CS all together.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I have reread all the information multiple times!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I will do whatever I can to help assist them.

My newbie did not respond to my PM. I'm open to helping another player!
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momincharge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:50 am

my newbie did not reply to my pm ( they saw it but didn't reply ) so i am open to helping a different newbie c:
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
───────────────────────────

gaybestedgydweebdimbocodeshoprpcharaspound

───────────────────────────
────────────────── A N D S H E S C R A Z Y
┌──────────────────────────┐

hey, i'm arisu. call me ari, jaid, jadyn, jace, or anything you
wanna. i'm an idiotic teenager with a habit of changing her signature
a lot. cya later, luv y'all. make sure to check out my species!

└──────────────────────────┘
momincharge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me