The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: The General Helpers

Postby Shinryu » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am

-Lillian- wrote:Is there a way to delete forum topics I've created? Oh and also! Does the Halloween event always start on October 21st?

If you want a thread of your locked or deleted, you can use the report function to let our moderators know that you need help with it c:
    Simply click the little "!" in the upper right hand corner of the post, and write in the message box that you'd like for your thread to be locked/deleted.

If nobody besides you has posted on the thread, you can also just delete the posts yourself - there should be a little "x" in the corner of the post, like this:
    Do note that you'll have to delete them one by one starting with the last post on the thread, before you can delete the thread itself.

Our Halloween event doesn't have a set starting date each year - it's always a little different c:
    In the past, the date has ranged from October 17th to 25th.
    We've just had a site maintenance, and our admin posted a little teaser on the news page today, so you can expect the event to start very soon! (Likely this weekend, possibly even tonight - so keep an eye out :D)

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potions-Master » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 am

Hii i just had a question, regarding art and adoptables, what can we do with them once we win? Is there a way to have a link so we can put them in our signatures or save them somewhere?
As ive seen many art going up for adoption, but what do we do once we win?
❝ The game is afoot. ❞

My philosophy is, worrying
makes you suffer twice.

adoptablescharacterskals

Potions-Master

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imaqtpie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:46 am

Heyo. Just looking for some clarification?

On the Entertainment discussion subforum! there is a thread detailing essentially ranting is bad

Howeveeeeeeeeeeer, I'm looking to post somewhere about a show I feel has declined in quality and wanted to make a big ol' wall of text asking some older members of the fandom if they feel the same way? However currently this kind of thread doesn't exist, and the rules are worded kinda vaguely, I have no idea if this post would break the rules. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
ESTP-A | true neutral | adult | united kingdom | male he/him | cs boomer

i ain't even that old, dawg.

hello im "qt" or "qtpie" please use whichever you feel like, i've been around here for a while.
imaqtpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:51 am

imaqtpie wrote:
Heyo. Just looking for some clarification?

On the Entertainment discussion subforum! there is a thread detailing essentially ranting is bad

Howeveeeeeeeeeeer, I'm looking to post somewhere about a show I feel has declined in quality and wanted to make a big ol' wall of text asking some older members of the fandom if they feel the same way? However currently this kind of thread doesn't exist, and the rules are worded kinda vaguely, I have no idea if this post would break the rules. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

If there's a thread already for that specific show, you can post your post there. If not you're welcome to make a thread about the show as a whole - or even its decline in quality - just so long as it's not with the intention of saying "this show sucks and it's fans are bad".

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imaqtpie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:53 am

Aaron✦ wrote:
imaqtpie wrote:
snip

If there's a thread already for that specific show, you can post your post there. If not you're welcome to make a thread about the show as a whole - or even its decline in quality - just so long as it's not with the intention of saying "this show sucks and it's fans are bad".

awesome, thanks so much for the speedy response. have a good one.
ESTP-A | true neutral | adult | united kingdom | male he/him | cs boomer

i ain't even that old, dawg.

hello im "qt" or "qtpie" please use whichever you feel like, i've been around here for a while.
imaqtpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cliffie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:39 am

Hi! So I've been on this game for like 2-3 years now right? Well I still have no idea what a BBS pet is. Like the elderly looking dogs? What do they do? Do they grow into something? Or do they do what PPS pets do but backwards... So confused, help?
x∧,,,∧
(• ⩊ •)
| ̄U U ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
| clifford he/him carrd |
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
cliffie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 am

☆Osomatsu Matsuno☆ wrote:Hi! So I've been on this game for like 2-3 years now right? Well I still have no idea what a BBS pet is. Like the elderly looking dogs? What do they do? Do they grow into something? Or do they do what PPS pets do but backwards... So confused, help?

BBS stands for Benjamin Button Syndrome, after the titular character of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', and it is indeed kind of a joke counterpart to PPS.
    Just like Benjamin Button in the story, BBS pets are "born"/adopted looking very old. Most of our pets on the BBS lineart stayed like that, but the very first time we got dogs like that was on April Fool's 2015, and they were a growing litter that -you guessed it- grew backwards!
    You can find them here in the archive:
    archive/2015/April%20Fool%27s/Artist-sketchi
    The outcomes on the puppy lines were marked as PPS to avoid confusion, but all of them started out as seniors.

That was the only instance of a "growing" BBS litter we've had so far, though. All other BBS pets we got are simply cute elderly versions of existing site designs c:

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cliffie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 am

ZΕL wrote:
☆Osomatsu Matsuno☆ wrote:Hi! So I've been on this game for like 2-3 years now right? Well I still have no idea what a BBS pet is. Like the elderly looking dogs? What do they do? Do they grow into something? Or do they do what PPS pets do but backwards... So confused, help?

BBS stands for Benjamin Button Syndrome, after the titular character of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', and it is indeed kind of a joke counterpart to PPS.
    Just like Benjamin Button in the story, BBS pets are "born"/adopted looking very old. Most of our pets on the BBS lineart stayed like that, but the very first time we got dogs like that was on April Fool's 2015, and they were a growing litter that -you guessed it- grew backwards!
    You can find them here in the archive:
    archive/2015/April%20Fool%27s/Artist-sketchi
    The outcomes on the puppy lines were marked as PPS to avoid confusion, but all of them started out as seniors.

That was the only instance of a "growing" BBS litter we've had so far, though. All other BBS pets we got are simply cute elderly versions of existing site designs c:

That's pretty dang cool! Thank you! That was very helpful! :> Have a nice day!
x∧,,,∧
(• ⩊ •)
| ̄U U ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
| clifford he/him carrd |
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
cliffie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireWolf52 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 am

Hi! So I got kinda a weird question... I’ve been playing the game for less than a year and I’ve stayed strictly on the side of pet collecting and trading. Recently I’m starting to get into khimaira friesians and some other adopts. So my really stupid question is, if someone is selling/giving away multiple adopts on a page and you get one, how do you separate yours from all the rest? That’s confusing oof. So like, if someone is giving away six adopts on one page, and I snagged one, how do I separate the one I now own from the other currently unowned adopts on the page? Please feel free to pm if this was a confusing explanation lol

Going through a rough time right now, trying to stay active in trades but I might answer slowly, I apologize!

My Fayrian Kelpies
My Khimaira Friesians
My Cupido Drafts
My Ferox Welsh Ponies
My Yukon Drafts

"You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

Ravenclaw ~ Aries ~ Animal-Lover ~ Breyer Horses
FireWolf52

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri May 31, 2019 11:52 am

FireWolf52 wrote:Hi! So I got kinda a weird question... I’ve been playing the game for less than a year and I’ve stayed strictly on the side of pet collecting and trading. Recently I’m starting to get into khimaira friesians and some other adopts. So my really stupid question is, if someone is selling/giving away multiple adopts on a page and you get one, how do you separate yours from all the rest? That’s confusing oof. So like, if someone is giving away six adopts on one page, and I snagged one, how do I separate the one I now own from the other currently unowned adopts on the page? Please feel free to pm if this was a confusing explanation lol

Are you referring to this one?
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4096281&p=125403391#p125403391

Looks like the other user has already made the option available to you to separate yours. Others can add you to their oekaki drawings so that you can make a copy and edit it. So usually in these cases once you own one they will add you so you can use the 'color me in' option to separate your design from the others. If they don't add you on their own, they usually will if you ask.

Just go to the oekaki, click that 'color me in' option, and once the oekaki loads, take a look through the layers and find where yours in, remove or erase those that have the other designs (depending how they set up the layers) and then if you want you can move yours around, such as moving it to the middle, then save and post it. You'll then have an oekaki with just your character. You can also save it and not post, then take a screenshot and save the image to your computer, or wherever you keep your characters, if you don't want to actually post it.

If you need more in-depth help, there is an oekaki guide here that explains a lot of the basic features.
But if you do have any other questions let us know!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me