The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Newbie Helpers

Postby Atwood » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 am

Socksandshoes wrote:Sorry, I have a lot of questions. How is it like to be a Newbie Helper? How did you become one? Are you proud to be one? How many trades/PM's do you get a day? Have you ever guest draw-ed? Do you have any pets in Real Life? Do you have accounts on other adoptable sites? (ex. Foopets/Neopets/Squiby?) Sorry, I am always curious?!?!!

That's okay - we like answering questions. ^^ Being a Newbie Helper isn't a whole lot different from being a regular member since we don't have any extra abilities like the mods do; we just answer people's questions, help them out as much as we can, welcome new players to the forums and remind people of the rules on occasion. We do also often have little side projects that we maintain either individually or as a group to help people out, like our adoption centre (the NHAA) where we let new players adopt a pet or our various guides and information threads. :3 We became Newbie Helpers by posting forms on an application thread Tess made when she first created the position, saying why we wanted to be Newbie Helpers and why we thought we'd be suitable for the task, and then Tess and some of the staff picked the applicants they thought would be best for the job. I'm definitely proud and honoured to be one of the Newbie Helpers. ^^ So far as trades and PMs go, the number really varies a lot across us - personally I get maybe five PMs a day on average, though sometimes it'll be much higher and some days there might be only one or two, and for trades I get probably three or four a day, but I've had up to about twenty-five or thirty on occasion. None of us has actually been a guest artist but a couple of us have gotten to be involved a little on some of the pets, though that wasn't because they were Newbie Helpers. I own a couple of dogs in real life, and I'm also currently looking after two more dogs, a puppy and two cats, who have all been keeping me pretty busy of late. XD I'm not really active on any sites apart from CS and Wajas, though I have been on a few others in the past - I just prefer CS. ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slam2813ssh » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Hello, I'm Sam. I'm not exactly new here, but I never attempted at the Forums and now I am. Frankly, Forums scare me and are incredibly confusing, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to communicate while Trading. I notice people say stuff to me in Trades, but I can't figure out how to talk to them. I thought if I posted on here someone might help me. Thanks!
-Sami
slam2813ssh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:59 am

When you're doing a trade with someone or editing an older trade, there's a little message box underneath the actual trade and just above the 'Send trade' button - to add a message just click in the box and type it it. :3 You probably wouldn't have been able to access it before anyway though, since you can only add messages to your trades once you've made an approved post on the forums, which you just did. Now that you've made your first post, you should be able to send trade messages without any problem. ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby • Matter Of Fact • » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 am

Wish I could be a Newbie Helper...
T_T
Once again, my signature is a WIP...
Avatar found at http://2phetalia.wikia.com/wiki/England/UK/Britain
Note: HornedOwl, peanut-lover, and I all share a computer.
Important Links wrote:PokeFarm
Tumblr
• Matter Of Fact •

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FairyoftheFlames » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:32 am

Hey all! I'm Fairy, and I'm somewhat new to CS (only been here for a few weeks) and I love to RP. So here is where my question comes in. I'm not really certain if this has been asked before, because I don't want to spend precious RP time looking through other questions, but here it is:

How do I add an image to a post? Because I've run into a problem lately where I want to join a roleplay with an anime-style picture, but I lack the knowledge I need to do it. There are also some other RPs that I'd like to join, but they have required pictures. So, how does it work? I didn't want to ask one of the other RPers, because I didn't want to sound stupid. So how does it work?
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=254014<--- New Zombie RP that needs members!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84211 <--- Powerclans: The Rise of Darkclan! My Little Cuzzys Rp!
Shigure wrote: It seems that the entire world conspires to destroy my house...

Fairy is Fangirly over: Mori, Kaoru (Ouran) Shigure, Hatori, Haru (Fruits Basket) Kevin, Mike/Darkstar, Cooper (Ben 10: /UA) Morishima, Zero (RoFV) Nagi, Kukai, Ikuto, Tadase, Yoru (Shugo Chara!) Ike, Zihark, Naesala, Reyson, Sothe, Keiran (FE9/10) Raguna, (RF) Jagger, Alex, Claude (VK) Daichi, (KP) Spiderleg (Warriors)
FairyoftheFlames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am

It's a pretty common question - to add an image to a post, you use the img tags like this:
Code: Select all
[img]IMAGE ADDRESS HERE[/img]
Right-click on your image, go to Properties on the menu that comes up, and then copy/paste the address next to Address (URL) between the tags and it should work. :3 Just put the code where you want the image to show up. As an example, this code:
Code: Select all
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/ldjohnso/pic/000qh1bk[/img]
produces this image when posted:
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FairyoftheFlames » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:50 am

Thank you, now I don't feel idiotic. This was rather nice of you. I guess I'll see you guys around!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=254014<--- New Zombie RP that needs members!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84211 <--- Powerclans: The Rise of Darkclan! My Little Cuzzys Rp!
Shigure wrote: It seems that the entire world conspires to destroy my house...

Fairy is Fangirly over: Mori, Kaoru (Ouran) Shigure, Hatori, Haru (Fruits Basket) Kevin, Mike/Darkstar, Cooper (Ben 10: /UA) Morishima, Zero (RoFV) Nagi, Kukai, Ikuto, Tadase, Yoru (Shugo Chara!) Ike, Zihark, Naesala, Reyson, Sothe, Keiran (FE9/10) Raguna, (RF) Jagger, Alex, Claude (VK) Daichi, (KP) Spiderleg (Warriors)
FairyoftheFlames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tortiecatdia » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 am

Well, I came here because I'm new... :mrgreen: I just came on the Forums...wanting to make friends and such...I really don't have any questions...but there are a lot of newb threads on here....obviously :what:
Pet's name: Double♂
tortiecatdia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ιѕєяαqυα » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi, it seems I can't send private messages, but I do have a question. Can accounts be automatically deleted when you don't play for a long time? I believe I got here another account, but I can't find it anymore :(
(sorry for my bad grammar, I actually don't speak English)
ιѕєяαqυα

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 am

tortiecatdia wrote:Well, I came here because I'm new... :mrgreen: I just came on the Forums...wanting to make friends and such...I really don't have any questions...but there are a lot of newb threads on here....obviously :what:

Well then hello there tortiecatdia :P Welcome to ya!
    Heh yep there are tons of awesomely helpful threads chillin' around the forums.

Iseraqua wrote:Hi, it seems I can't send private messages, but I do have a question. Can accounts be automatically deleted when you don't play for a long time? I believe I got here another account, but I can't find it anymore :(
    (sorry for my bad grammar, I actually don't speak English)

No worries, your English seems fine! :)

You probably couldn't send a private message because you needed to make a post on the forums for a moderator to approve. Since that is done now, you shouldn't have anymore issues with that :)

Nope, accounts do not get automatically deleted due to inactivity. Some members may be inactive on the site, but still post their pets on other forums or websites. It would be crushing to come back and find your accounts and darling pets gone right?
    I'm sorry to hear about not being able to access your account though. Perhaps you just misspelled the User or PW, or are not remembering it correctly after the period of time you were away. That has happened to me so many times its not even funny, and I literally want to smack my head on the desk once I finally figured it out again >.< lol. Anywho enough blabber from me, did you try the I forgot my password ? If you can remember your correct User name and the E-mail address you used, then you should be able to access your account quite easily.

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me