Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby kalcifer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi, iI have been on chicken smoothie for about a month and am unsure how to make oakai
kalcifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:32 pm

_Konata_ wrote:Hi, iI have been on chicken smoothie for about a month and am unsure how to make oakai

Hello, welcome to CS! I hope you've been having a good time so far.

To make an Oekaki drawing go to the Oekaki Board (located under the art tab at the top of the site) and then chose the appropriate board that you wish to draw in. If it is your first time using Oekaki I would recommend either the Beginner's Board, or the Sketches and Experiments Board, but any one is fine.

Once you have selected the board you wish to draw your picture in, select the option "New Drawing" from the top left of the screen.
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.28.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.28.00 AM.png (435.36 KiB) Viewed 105 times

Then the program will load and prompt you to select a canvas size. Pick which ever you'd like, and then you can start drawing!

Here's a guide for using Oekaki

Have fun <3
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliviadiamond » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 pm

can i be adopted?
Oliviadiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Oliviadiamond wrote:can i be adopted?

Sure, you just have to fill out this form!

Code: Select all
    Username:
    If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
    How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:
    What do you like best so far?:
    Any questions?:

Postby Rainy123 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:39 am

Username: Rainy123
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English :D
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friends and by playing Lioden
What do you like best so far?: The amazing art of the animals
Any questions?: Um, how do I do... anything? I have no idea how to do anything but adopt and post in the forums. XD

I just joined today, December 20th
~Brilliance in Progress~

I am an Equestrian!
I play Lioden as Rainydog123
I love wolves and dogs
I love to draw wolves, dogs, and horses
I collect Breyermodel horses

I LOVE to talk, so feel free to PM me :D
Rainy123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kalcifer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:26 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:
_Konata_ wrote:Hi, iI have been on chicken smoothie for about a month and am unsure how to make oakai

Hello, welcome to CS! I hope you've been having a good time so far.

To make an Oekaki drawing go to the Oekaki Board (located under the art tab at the top of the site) and then chose the appropriate board that you wish to draw in. If it is your first time using Oekaki I would recommend either the Beginner's Board, or the Sketches and Experiments Board, but any one is fine.

Once you have selected the board you wish to draw your picture in, select the option "New Drawing" from the top left of the screen.
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.28.00 AM.png

Then the program will load and prompt you to select a canvas size. Pick which ever you'd like, and then you can start drawing!

Here's a guide for using Oekaki

Have fun <3

Thanks. :D
kalcifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bornite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:13 am

Username: Bornite
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Flight rising friends were talking about it!
What do you like best so far?: It's really simple and not too time consuming
Any questions?: not really
Bornite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:02 am

Thread Update

[Newbies who asked to be adopted but didn't come back with a form have been assigned anyways]

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:22 am

Username: Burrito Bunny
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've helped all I can on the help forum consistently before my hiatus in November. Here are a few new examples: X, X, X
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I always help wherever I can. I've adopted before in the past. I believe this program is very helpful for the newbies who want all the help they can get when starting out since it can be overwhelming at first.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I should be on for quite a while in the coming months. My activity would be on and off (checking to see if I have anything to respond to) and completely dependent on if people have replied to me. Based on the time I spent last year (with similar circumstance) I'd say probably 1-3 hours per days in total. I will be able to keep my eye on it pretty steadily. I just recently came off of hiatus because of school, but the semester is ending, and I have everything under control now (and will for the remainder of the year), and I am able to finally have free time again! I wouldn't offer if there was any chance I'd be sucked back into grueling 24/7 study periods.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyTheNerd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Username: meggieb417
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English!
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I played it a looooong time ago, but I didn't have an account, I just adopted pets and kept them on another webpage.
What do you like best so far?: Just the HUGE variety of different pets to collect! My favorites are the cats though ^.^
Any questions?: SO MANY questions! What's the best way to go about collecting older pets? I feel like I've missed out on soooo many already! How does this whole advent thing actually work? Is the community here friendly? That's all I can think of for now, but there's tons more that I'll probably ask whoever adopts me!

Thank you for welcoming me here! :)
Newbie here! Looking for some friends, so please don't be shy! :)

KittyTheNerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me