COMMUNITY POLL: Rare Monthly Pets

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

What is your opinion on releasing rare pets in monthly releases?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am

I am not interested in any litters having significantly harder to achieve outcomes.
10%
I am interested in a few litters a year that have a significantly harder to achieve outcome.
41%
I am interested in at least one litter a month that has a significantly harder to achieve outcome.
30%
I am only interested in occasional significantly harder to achieve outcomes if they are considered “special release” pets and look different from the litter they are released with.
19%

Total votes : 5954

COMMUNITY POLL: Rare Monthly Pets

Postby Simon » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:59 am

We've received mixed feedback on this topic and want to see where the community stands!

In the past we have released litters where one outcome is significantly more rare than the others. This makes it harder to achieve, but provides a challenge for users who are interested in trading actively. It also gives newer users a chance at adopting a rarer pet. We want your input on if resuming litters like this more frequently would be of interest to the wider community.

ImageImage

Some example of this are the August PPS Lion and the Gold "Gotcha" Dog. The pets in these litters may look either like a part of the litter or be a “special” significantly different outcome, potentially even another species.

We currently have three zebra pets that you have a very small chance of adopting every time you adopt a horse or pony litter. If we were to implement more special release pets they wouldn't be as rare as the zebras, and likely would only be available in the month of their release, not continuously.

We are open to any input and thoughts on this topic, but have a poll with a few options to get a sense of what the community would prefer to see.

Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: COMMUNITY POLL: Rare Monthly Pets

Postby LavenderRain » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:13 am

I personally really love it when a random monthly pet turns rare, makes it feel extra fun and special! I'd definitely say only a few times each year though, if it was super common it kinda loses the neatness of it and then doesn't feel as rare ^^
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chantolove » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:20 am

It seems like pets labeled with the rare or above stamps are all that a lot of users on the site care about, so giving newer players a chance to get them through normal play outside of holiday seasons would be a really good balancing move

Also, for what it's worth, when I joined this is how I expected things to work LOL
My Trading Thread
project: MASTERS OF THE BAZAAR, my collection of ridiculous fallen london fanbats
if you make ME sort through YOUR folders for doubles that are stored right alongside keepers, i will simply click off your page instead
chantolove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aelius » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:23 am

i'm glad to hear this is being considered! i'm excited to see where this idea goes :)
i'm all for more rare pets in monthly litters!
mac | he/they
art shop trade thread
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
aelius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:33 am

huge huge support, we need more ways for newbies to get rare pets!
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:39 am

Huge support! I got one of my first valuable pets as a newbie when an older player overpaid for a monthly rare. It gives older players something they have to work for and newer players a chance at getting valuables.

Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:40 am

If I could vote for multiple, I would! I'd love every month to have a 'harder' outcome! This gives me something to do during my CS downtime for the rest of the month! Not to mention, I always loved the idea of the lions/zebra 'rare' releases. There's a reason lion trading is very hard and fun! Personally, I'd love these smaller goals. And just as some others have mentioned, it really gives new players some 'buying' power, if this makes sense if they are lucky enough to adopt these 'harder' outcomes! I'm all for the last 2 options~
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:45 am

Because rares are more common now, I think it’s a great idea. It could help newbies get rares easily

Mads | adult | he/it
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Hello! My name is Mads. I'm
a wildlife scientist working in animal rescue
and rehabilitation. Currently busy with work,
so replies may be slow! Feel free to shoot
me a message or a trade, however. ^-^
Currently seeking; cobweb bunnies!
1.5k c$ art contest
ImageImage
art by my bf <3
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunacorn » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:48 am

I love the idea of there being more monthly releases that have harder to achieve outcomes, makes it really worth it to adopt as many pets as possible and wait for them to grow, y'know?
╔═════════════╗

My da; Canislunaticus
IG; Canislunaticus
TH; Canislunaticus
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I do not do requests
Unless i post about it
on instagram or DA
(Chibis by Vegas @ TH)

╚═════════════╝

Lunacorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:02 pm

As a completionist, I don't think I'm very interested in the idea. It was hell getting the Valentine's lion, and even just the May 2022 PPS macaw. It's more stressful than fun trying to complete a litter with a hard-to-get outcome. I hate having to post in the threads 50+ times over a period of weeks before finding the one I need just because a lot fewer are released. So I'll have to say no to having more stress and fewer pets in my collection.
It's fun to trade for a slightly rarer outcome, not a "significantly" rarer outcome.
Also, this seems like it'll screw over people with busy schedules who don't have time to spend hours looking for someone willing to trade the rarer pet, as well as newer members who don't have enough trade fodder to get the rarer pet.
Editing to add this, so I don't make an entire new post: I see a lot of people mentioning that yes they'd want this, because having pets that are a "little rarer" and harder to get is fun. But Simon specifically used the phrase "SIGNIFICANTLY rarer" and used the AUGUST PPS as an example. Why would anyone want a repeat of that lol.
So I hope the mods take into account everyone's concerns instead of just looking at the poll. Plenty of people are voting yes because they're misled or didn't read through the post all the way, and plenty of people are voting yes but then commenting "yes but if it's not too rare".
Also, people are gonna inflate the heck out of the new rarer pets just because they'll KNOW it's likely one of the new rare outcomes.
Last edited by Squecca on Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me