Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Postby Goose_IsDum » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:35 pm

Cool
★ Goose ★
Goose_IsDum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jenny; » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:26 pm

Just want to preface this by saying I am quite out of the loop in terms of rarities but I did just want to raise a query...

Looking at the distribution graph it shows the abundance of pet rarities peaking between the VC-UCish pets. Wouldn't it be expected to be a right skewing distribution with the OMGSC being most abundant and the OMGSR being least abundant? At the moment it's binomial peaking in the middle rarities but wouldn't it make sense that the most abundant pets be the most common as that's what their rarity indicates?

I realise this is very new, I just wanted to ask whether it was intended that over time (as more pets are released each month presuming with the lower rarities more common) this curve would be adjusted to reflect the prevalence of the rarities with commons, Uncommons etc being less common than the omg so commons etc? I think if that were to happen then the concern of the "true rarities" of certain pets would be eliminated.

I hope this makes sense, I do think the rarity change was a good idea and covers the bases of the in between pets especially between the uncommon and rare as I remember that being difficult to navigate in trading before.
Hi there, hope you're having a wonderful day!

My goal on CS is to have one of each pet from 2010-present, hence my incredibly large wishlist. Please consider trading with me (:
Jenny;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:08 am

Jenny; wrote:Just want to preface this by saying I am quite out of the loop in terms of rarities but I did just want to raise a query...

Looking at the distribution graph it shows the abundance of pet rarities peaking between the VC-UCish pets. Wouldn't it be expected to be a right skewing distribution with the OMGSC being most abundant and the OMGSR being least abundant? At the moment it's binomial peaking in the middle rarities but wouldn't it make sense that the most abundant pets be the most common as that's what their rarity indicates?

I realise this is very new, I just wanted to ask whether it was intended that over time (as more pets are released each month presuming with the lower rarities more common) this curve would be adjusted to reflect the prevalence of the rarities with commons, Uncommons etc being less common than the omg so commons etc? I think if that were to happen then the concern of the "true rarities" of certain pets would be eliminated.

I hope this makes sense, I do think the rarity change was a good idea and covers the bases of the in between pets especially between the uncommon and rare as I remember that being difficult to navigate in trading before.

I don’t believe there are any plans to change the overall curve. The graph on the front page is showing how many pet designs fall into each category, and not the total number of pets in each category.
The ends of the spectrum are the intended to be outliers, so there are fewer pet designs that fall into those categories. Most pet designs will fall more in the middle. However, more common pets will have more COPIES of their design.

For example, let’s say that out of 100 pet designs, only 5 are OMGSC, but each of those pets have 50 copies of each (all of these numbers are made up). On the other hand, let’s say there are 20 UC designs out of that 100, but there are only 10 copies of each. Even though there are fewer OMGSC designs, the high number of copies still means that they’re extremely common.

Imagine how difficult trading would become if there were tons and tons of OMGSC pets being released. It would be like trading to buy things with handfuls of pennies (or whatever your lowest denomination of coin is).
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:26 am

How long is the info box about the rarity update going to be on every trade? It’s been almost 7 months at this point, everyone knows about it besides returning players. This isn’t meant to be criticism, I was just wondering if they’ll ever take it down.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me