Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby Corn flak » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 am

Lepidopterologist wrote:I was wondering with this new rule in place, if conversations/screenshots that took place via Discord would be allowed to be used to report someone who you believe is harassing you? I know that in the past that images from that social platform weren’t allowed, so I wanted to ask and make sure for those of us who may have encountered some CS users harassing us on this platform. Thanks!

ive actually used discord images in reports before this rule was in place and the discord images were accepted as evidence
Corn flak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 pm

FreshMammothSkin wrote:
Lepidopterologist wrote:I was wondering with this new rule in place, if conversations/screenshots that took place via Discord would be allowed to be used to report someone who you believe is harassing you? I know that in the past that images from that social platform weren’t allowed, so I wanted to ask and make sure for those of us who may have encountered some CS users harassing us on this platform. Thanks!

ive actually used discord images in reports before this rule was in place and the discord images were accepted as evidence

Aye, as long as you have a way to prove that the discord user is the reported user on cs, they should be valid. Before they weren't so much due to how easy it is to fake and edit screenshots.

Example, when clicking a discord user's name in a server it shows their nickname in the server, then their discord name and number below. Which proves that that discord user is the Cs user in question. If that makes sense.
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

SpAceDetective wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to be accused of defending those actions, because I do not condone them. Regardless of the legality of something, if we feel that someone is a danger to children they aren't welcome on CS.

-removed-

So how much evidence is enough? And what precisely is considered a danger to children?

As we have already stated many times, you may not be aware of all action or the extent of action being taken against a member. Also, this announcement was made because the rules have changed. We are considering outside evidence now when we were often not doing so before, and situations that were not considered as seriously in the past may be considered more seriously now. We are doing this because a change was requested and we want to make it. Please understand that we are doing our best and have removed people from CS in the past for dangerous or harmful behavior, as well. All cases will be considered individually and we cannot make a list of what we would consider a danger to children, because an entire spectrum of illegal and/or harmful content would be listed.

To everyone on this thread, once again, please, stop vaguing about specific users.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:35 pm

I've been harassed off-site for years. I'm glad you're finally doing something about it. Thank you.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gouache » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Thank you! This is a step in the right direction.
i no longer collect pets, so i'm not very active
i will occasionally login to answer pms!

gouache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:09 pm

yes this is great. harassment and foul talk is not welcome anywhere!
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riley ♥ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm

I do think that this is a good idea, however, how can we prove that the person saying harmful things is the same person on ChickenSmoothie? Especially if they know that it can be punished now, nothing stops someone from, say, changing their name to a CS user they dislike and bullying someone else to get that user in trouble.
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

☆ riley ❤ she/her ❤ adult ☆
art shopart gallery
alikinscastkitty
☆ artist for goobies

design tos
toyhouse
oekaki

Riley ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 002 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Chortanator wrote:I do think that this is a good idea, however, how can we prove that the person saying harmful things is the same person on ChickenSmoothie? Especially if they know that it can be punished now, nothing stops someone from, say, changing their name to a CS user they dislike and bullying someone else to get that user in trouble.

If you have the same source you used to discover the user, then that's the best evidence you got to prove it, that or the evidence would be sufficient in helping staff investigate your case further. If you are struggling to prove it directly, I would get as much evidence as possible as you are the person with inside perspective, staff don't always get to see what players see so I'm sure any evidence would help with your case
As for evading their identity, no 2 users can have the same username and everyone has a unique user ID at the end of their profile link.
If the person is anonymous and can not possibly be traced to their user on CS, there really is not much you can do unfortunately other than wait for incriminating evidence.
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Vertu wrote:
Chortanator wrote:I do think that this is a good idea, however, how can we prove that the person saying harmful things is the same person on ChickenSmoothie? Especially if they know that it can be punished now, nothing stops someone from, say, changing their name to a CS user they dislike and bullying someone else to get that user in trouble.

If you have the same source you used to discover the user, then that's the best evidence you got to prove it, that or the evidence would be sufficient in helping staff investigate your case further. If you are struggling to prove it directly, I would get as much evidence as possible as you are the person with inside perspective, staff don't always get to see what players see so I'm sure any evidence would help with your case
As for evading their identity, no 2 users can have the same username and everyone has a unique user ID at the end of their profile link.
If the person is anonymous and can not possibly be traced to their user on CS, there really is not much you can do unfortunately other than wait for incriminating evidence.

I've also been thinking about this--what can I do if there is a user on another site engaging in illegal or harmful behavior while claiming to be me, nickjr, user ID 1586 on CS?

This rule overall is good, because now action can be taken against, for example, anyone who invites people via PMs on CS to chat off-site (e.g. on Discord) and then turns out to be doing illegal or harmful things like grooming. But given how large CS's userbase is, I'm sure that there are users who would aim to get other users banned via offsite impersonation.

That said, I totally understand if staff can't really answer this question clearly since this is kind of a hazy area...
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:33 pm

I do admit this is a fear of mine, but I think it's somewhat easy to deduce if it's just someone playing foul and faking an identity. I trust the staff to pay close attention to this. And in the case it did happen, I'm sure staff would take proper action to punish whoever it was lying. Easily as bad as actually harassing someone offsite, imo.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me