Black Lives Matter

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Black Lives Matter

Postby puppkins » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you so much for this post :) I have an even bigger respect for this website <3 BLM
Last edited by Lacuna on Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profanity removed

✧・゚: *✧・゚: Hello!! ♡

✧・゚: *✧・゚: All pronouns ♡

✧・゚: *✧・゚: I enjoy being silly and having fun (✿◠‿◠)

puppkins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:21 pm

huddson wrote:
yes, but does CS now consider all and blue lives matter as insensitive profile content?

I would like to restate huddson's question and ask for a clear cut answer, preferably from a site admin. By avoiding giving us an actual answer, staff is silencing a very large part of the community's concerns and making cs less comfortable for us. Making an official statement on the matter is definitely a step in the right direction! But it means little if our concerns go unheard and tangible actions are not taken.

She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Wet Bread wrote:
huddson wrote:
yes, but does CS now consider all and blue lives matter as insensitive profile content?

I would like to restate huddson's question and ask for a clear cut answer, preferably from a site admin. By avoiding giving us an actual answer, staff is silencing a very large part of the community's concerns and making cs less comfortable for us. Making an official statement on the matter is definitely a step in the right direction! But it means little if our concerns go unheard and tangible actions are not taken.

I agree.
I understand the need for grey area in moderation, however, I think this is the time for a clear-cut “We will remove all All Lives Matter/Blue Lives Matter content if it is reported.”

THAT constitutes a “yes” to me. Or a “no” if the content has even a sliver of potential to remain up once reported.

For a little bit of added history on All Lives Matter: In 2013, All Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter, among other similar movements and iconography (Thin Blue Line, et cetera) arose solely to invalidate the work that Black Lives Matter was trying to do. In other words, the people who created and supported those alternative movements wanted to shout louder than the Black Lives Matter advocates in order to drown them out, suppress them with their own voices, and send them back home wounded because they didn’t want to hear what was being said. I don’t think I can go into too much depth in this forum, however I’m more than willing to discuss the matter in private messages or on the 18+ forum.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phayraoh » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:26 pm

thank you for doing this. as a person of color myself, it’s made me happy to see many of the websites I frequent put out a message about BLM — and what more, changes are being made to make the sites all the more safe and inclusive. here especially, I tend to only see the “preset messages” from mods, so I guess this message reminds me that y’all are real humans, haha

I highly highly recommend those who don’t know what’s going on to read, research, and donate. your voices, words, and support are powerful!

also, happy pride!
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:36 pm

I apologize for not being specific enough in my response! Yes, we will be asking users to remove "all lives matter" and "blue lives matter" from their profiles. We will be working to educate users on why they should not use these statements rather than just warning everyone outright, who may not understand the history of the statement they are making. Our goal is to educate, not to punish. We will evaluate any other reported content on a case-by-case basis.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Seasonal wrote:I apologize for not being specific enough in my response! Yes, we will be asking users to remove "all lives matter" and "blue lives matter" from their profiles. We will be working to educate users on why they should not use these statements rather than just warning everyone outright, who may not understand the history of the statement they are making. Our goal is to educate, not to punish. We will evaluate any other reported content on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you very much.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:42 pm

thank you for the answer! I'm happy to hear it and I hope cs continues to take steps in the right direction.

She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tailish » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks for this response! I'm glad to see such a well thought out answer to the questions that have been raised.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
███████████████████████████░█

█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
▪─────────────
trade auction link
─────────────▪
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
x

Hi, I'm Tailish! I love
reading, horse
riding, and also space.
European Parliament
elections June 6-9!
European? Vote!

pfp img
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
─────────────▪
BLM EU credit
▪─────────────
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

███████████████████████████░█
Tailish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dog motif » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Thank you so much for posting this and speaking out, Tess. It’s nice to see an amazing well-thought-out answer and I’m glad my favourite website is supporting this movement!

Black lives matter <3
x bonnibel. vsynth enthusiast
x she/her or he/him
x i come online rarely. dms open, but slow responses!
x autistic - tone tags appreciated
x
dog motif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me