Black Lives Matter

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Black Lives Matter

Postby LordGhoul » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:22 am

Just because you don't experience it personally or in your city doesn't mean it doesn't exist, especially if you're white as you're not the group directly being affected. I don't think any country is devoid of racism, there's always some cu-, uh, cruel jerks in every corner of the world. But trying to get rid of systematic racism would be a good start, as it would, if done right, eventually lead to black and poc people having equal opportunities, getting better education, a better outlook in life and hopefully there will be no different treatment based on someone's skin colour.

I've lived in different places in Germany before. The city I live in now has people from all over the world, you walk into a mall and hear all kinds of languages and see many ethnicities. My neighbours alone are a wild mix from different continents. Especially among the young city folks nobody fears them or treats them different. They're just people.

But once you get to the outer skirts of the city, you find the more conservative folks that act strange around foreigners and make borderline racist statements when you talk with them.
In the village I used to live in, where there's nearly no foreigners at all except for ones that have been living there for decades, there's so much open racism that it's jarring. Especially towards any refugees and anyone looking Arabic. And what's most disturbing is that the foreign people that live there are also racist towards them - I'd expect them to know better as they have also faced discrimination in the past, but no. Everyone gets painted with the same broad brush. It's become quite an issue here.

The strange thing is when it comes to things like homosexuality, Germany has always been rather accepting. TV stars and city majors being openly gay and it's no big deal. It hasn't been a big deal for ages, when I grew up with them on TV it just struck me as fairly normal that they exist, and despite what some conservative Christians want you to believe, I turned out super straight lol (but accepting of LGBT+ folk).

So even in an otherwise fairly progressive country it's still an issue when it shouldn't be. Some "news" outlets that straight up lie to make people think non-whites are disgusting criminals and murderers too, which I think should be a criminal offense because they're purposefully misleading, which has nothing to do with news reporting anymore.

Sorry if I sound like I went off the tangent here a bit, but things like racism, LGBT+ phobias, sexism etc are in the way of us progressing as a species and in the way of science (especially since since science and studies have proven arguments in favour of these are wrong or harmful). Instead of dividing and fighting eachother we should all work together. Imagine the scientific and technological progress we could achieve if such petty nonsensical things weren't occupying our minds. More people working together means more ideas, faster progress, more efficiency. Instead we're stuck arguing about things like we're still in medieval times. I hope progress achieves more strength than divisiveness eventually, so we don't see it as black or white or whatever race but instead as the human race.
LordGhoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spaceysoupy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

Hey chicken smoothie staff, I just wanted to say thank you for recognizing your mistakes and fixing them! As a Native (tsalagi, EBCI) much of the language and fetishization surrounding Natives on here eventually drove me off. A friend told me you fixed the costume name, so I’m back and I hope it can continue this way! May I suggest just consulting with Natives and otherwise Indigenous people on here next time you want to do something related to us? There’s plenty of us on here and (I at least) would be happy to help! There’s many ways you can appreciate and bring awareness to our cultures and issues without appropriating.
searching for cats and butterfly wolves! Send me trades! Hoarding fresno nightcrawlers, Wolpertingers, and mothman!

Nebulae system• adult•disabled•Indigenous•Ask for pronouns! We are a system so the member responding will change often!
spaceysoupy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sims2Freak » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Thank you Chicken Smoothie staff. If you want to undermine BLM with all lives matter, please go ahead and block me!
Sims2Freak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby niki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:26 am

*JACKAL* wrote:Mmm not sure BLM is a good thing now. BLM is not standing for Black lives, and is actually for politics only. Don't donate to BLM either beacause that goes straight into the pockets of Democrats. Not for black education, rehabs, housing or anything else. (This part is for Americans only, I'm not sure about other countries, I'll have to try and find the link I'm talking about since I'm in the UK)

And with BLM causing rioting...

The issue is fathering and education. I been doing a little edumacation over the weekend.

Hate talking about politics, and hope this is ok to say.

I hope the black community though starts getting the good, equal life they deserve. And I hope we can cancel out the whole black race and white race, and call it what it really is. The Human Race.

There are no and many diferences between all peoples. Sooner we realise this the sooner the world will turn smoother.

Hope that I haven't said anything wrong here. Or that I don't end up with a warning or anything. I don't see that I have, but it seems that no one ever likes what I say, so I never say things, because I'm always wrong. But as I say, I've been educating myself.

My education has been coming from the like of Candace Owens and other black folks. Through Facebook.

Edit: So this got reported, there's a shock. Wonder what will be said.

Okay.

BLM is not a bad thing. Far from it, actually.

"Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organized movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African-American people." (Sourced from Wikipedia)

and the statement that the donations are going to the pockets of Democrats is incorrect aswell.

Though the websites that are donated to are run by them, both them and the website do not have any control over where the money goes, which is to the families of the POC who have passed because of something they didn't have control of.
niki
he she
evil transmasc lesbian
niki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 am

Arekkusu wrote:BLM is not a bad thing. Far from it, actually.

"Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organized movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality against African-American people." (Sourced from Wikipedia)

and the statement that the donations are going to the pockets of Democrats is incorrect aswell.

Though the websites that are donated to are run by them, both them and the website do not have any control over where the money goes, which is to the families of the POC who have passed because of something they didn't have control of.

It was a peaceful thing, but not this time round in 2020.

The expenditures didn't show any particular charities or things that can help people, just names of politicians.

I'm not wrong because I learned this off others, who I guess you are saying are wrong. In which case this thread should be shut down, no opinions shared, because everything we know is probably wrong. Everything around the world is heresay, whispers and propagander mainly from media. So I guess we are all wrong :/

Also it depends on what donate you rang across. There are many out there by the looks of it. Hopefully some to actually help black people off the streets and into school/work.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FallenOrpheus » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

*JACKAL* wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:BLM is not a bad thing. Far from it, actually.

The expenditures didn't show any particular charities or things that can help people, just names of politicians.

I'm not wrong because I learned this off others, who I guess you are saying are wrong. In which case this thread should be shut down, no opinions shared, because everything we know is probably wrong. Everything around the world is heresay, whispers and propagander mainly from media. So I guess we are all wrong :/

Also it depends on what donate you rang across. There are many out there by the looks of it. Hopefully some to actually help black people off the streets and into school/work.

There was riots for pride too, should we not protect LGBTQ+ individuals for that? Should we stop donating because pride has had violent protests before?

There's always going to be a strong discrepancy between facts and opinions. Stating BLM is a bad thing to support in a time when black people are losing their lives due to institutionalised racism and police because of politics and violence is a poor take.

I'm white, I have no place giving my opinions about the movement beyond support. Provide sources if you're so certain that the movement is nothing to support. But in this time, support the black community in a time when police are breaking the law and directly hurting the community.

Things are changing because of BLM. Police models are being dismantled and redone in a fairer manner. There's still work to be done, but BLM isn't about violence and looting. It's about things changing. About fixing things so black people can be safe on the streets where they live.

One should always research where they're donating to. But believe me, donations are going towards good right now. Especially if you're looking for good organisations.

Educate yourself on both sides. Learning from people on Facebook is not always accurate. Speak to professionals, to more people in the community. Look at actual trustworthy sources, study academic papers on racism. And just listen. Right now, listening is the most important thing.

Feel free to state opinions. I'll never dispute you have the right. But just know that now isn't a good time to disparage a movement that is so important and needs critical support to thrive. Because change is needed right now.
FallenOrpheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby niki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 am

*JACKAL* wrote:

You kind of contradict yourself here.

"I'm not wrong because I learned this off others"

"Everything around the world is heresay, whispers and propagander mainly from media."

You said you learned it off others, which if I recall correctly, on Facebook, but then you said that everything around the world is "Heresay" and "Whispers" from around the media. How do you know you're right if you got your information from off of the media.

---

Also, this thread shouldn't be shut down just because you believe what people on here say is "heresay, whispers, and propaganda from Media" and "everything we know is wrong". This thread is used to share information and help others understand what is happening further.

---

I didn't post this quick enough, but, @Wiccan Witch explained with more detail than I did.

---

Just please research further than Facebook, because what may seem like the truth, could also be completely untrue.
niki
he she
evil transmasc lesbian
niki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am

arekkusu and wiccan witch are being far more cordial and informative than i could be, but i'd like to also offer the information that blm is a movement, not a group of people! it's more of an ideal than a group, same with antifa - just shorthand for anti fascist.
so while im sure some organizations are corrupt, as there's always going to be someone being awful like that, but many are genuinely just trying to help black lives get their fair treatment. ive seen this specific misconception a lot, so it was bound to come up on this thread. rioters and looters and such aren't following the core ideals of a peaceful movement.

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:09 am

Arekkusu wrote:
You kind of contradict yourself here.

"I'm not wrong because I learned this off others"

"Everything around the world is heresay, whispers and propagander mainly from media."

You said you learned it off others, which if I recall correctly, on Facebook, but then you said that everything around the world is "Heresay" and "Whispers" from around the media. How do you know you're right if you got your information from off of the media.

---

Also, this thread shouldn't be shut down just because you believe what people on here say is "heresay, whispers, and propaganda from Media" and "everything we know is wrong". This thread is used to share information and help others understand what is happening further.

---

I didn't post this quick enough, but, @Wiccan Witch explained with more detail than I did.

---

Just please research further than Facebook, because what may seem like the truth, could also be completely untrue.

I'm the biggest contradiction I know!

I'm not wrong because I haven't made anything up or started anything, so how can I be wrong if it's actually come from others. Don't quote ME on it.

I'm not saying I'm right either, since everything I've said is all from basically others ususlly driven by politics bad or goods. And in all honesty, pretty much no human tells the truth nowadays, so youy can't really believe what any human says, no matter where they say.

I would also NEVER admit that I am in anyway right, because as I said in my first post, people ALWAYS say I'm wrong. If you get told you're wrong often enough, you'll eventually doubt yourself even if you were to say the grass is green

I've reserches loads in facebook, and yes as it's a form of media so it very well could be wrong. But a lot of people in all. types of posts were saying the same thing.

snails wrote:arekkusu and wiccan witch are being far more cordial and informative than i could be, but i'd like to also offer the information that blm is a movement, not a group of people! it's more of an ideal than a group, same with antifa - just shorthand for anti fascist.
so while im sure some organizations are corrupt, as there's always going to be someone being awful like that, but many are genuinely just trying to help black lives get their fair treatment. ive seen this specific misconception a lot, so it was bound to come up on this thread. rioters and looters and such aren't following the core ideals of a peaceful movement.

Very true. I wish that BLM was actually;
people with brown skin are equal to people with white skin and should have equal education and housing, and benefits and opportunities...

But right now they just want to stick it too police so they can make money of loot while destroying inocent ways of life.

Wiccan Witch wrote:There was riots for pride too, should we not protect LGBTQ+ individuals for that? Should we stop donating because pride has had violent protests before?

There's always going to be a strong discrepancy between facts and opinions. Stating BLM is a bad thing to support in a time when black people are losing their lives due to institutionalised racism and police because of politics and violence is a poor take.

I'm white, I have no place giving my opinions about the movement beyond support. Provide sources if you're so certain that the movement is nothing to support. But in this time, support the black community in a time when police are breaking the law and directly hurting the community.

Things are changing because of BLM. Police models are being dismantled and redone in a fairer manner. There's still work to be done, but BLM isn't about violence and looting. It's about things changing. About fixing things so black people can be safe on the streets where they live.

One should always research where they're donating to. But believe me, donations are going towards good right now. Especially if you're looking for good organisations.

Educate yourself on both sides. Learning from people on Facebook is not always accurate. Speak to professionals, to more people in the community. Look at actual trustworthy sources, study academic papers on racism. And just listen. Right now, listening is the most important thing.

Feel free to state opinions. I'll never dispute you have the right. But just know that now isn't a good time to disparage a movement that is so important and needs critical support to thrive. Because change is needed right now.

We shouldn't rioting in any country, everyone needs protection and Respect. Black, white, LGBTQ+, all shapes, sizes, religions etc etc.

We are so busy not getting the basics right, and the funny thing is, it's actually easier than everyone is trying to make out. We can put a man on moon, but we can't recognise the fact that someone has a darker shade of basically orange skin than us? It doesn't take riots to retrain police, and if BLM is making a difference, way wasn't this corrected in 2013? Why is this post even here right now? CS has been up since 2008, why not this discussion then? We do know all of this is actually over a murder of a criminal right? Cops have killed more unarmed whites and Latinos than blacks. Black on Black is where most black deaths come from.

So why BLM now?
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 am

...that's not true at all. no one wants to "stick it to police and make money", they want to stop seeing family members, friends, community members, and random innocent black and brown people get killed or mistreated by a system designed to hurt them.
the creation of police was to catch runaway slaves. many of the confederate statues were put up in the 60s to scare black and brown folk into silence.
i've been to two protests - one with at least 10k people marching through the capital city of my state - and no looting occured. looting is actually not very widespread at rallies and protests, but they make so much noise about their looting that it seems like a lot of people. you may have heard of the w/stboro baptist church, which is a family church of only ~60 people, but they make such a fuss that it sounds like hundreds of people. this is how looting is going.
many looters are actually trying to invite violence against peaceful protestors and discredit the blm movement :(