Black Lives Matter

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Black Lives Matter

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm

snails wrote:you still havent given me any sources or information on how I can help.
@jackal, poc is shorthand for person of color.

Thanks. And was the sources thing aimed at me? There are no sources for common sense as far as I know. As for the things I was hearing, if you follow Candace Owens on facebook, you’ll see not only her stuff but posts of other pocs speaking up. She’s the one that does the research.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:00 pm

sorry, no, the sources was aimed at dontdrinkthepoison . although I'm not sure I follow your "common sense".

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:07 pm

reyligion wrote:
*JACKAL* wrote:Thing is snails if we continue to see race and not just the one race with many skin tones, and keep bringing up the past which Karin day is not any of our fault, (it happened in the 1800s) then we will never move on. Why is everyone still interested in making excuses, and dragging up the past.

what will happen if we "move on" and stop seeing race is that we will return to the status quo in which people of color will suffer. the only difference is that those people of color will return to silence instead of rightfully protesting for equal rights.

You wanna help, drop the “races” drop the shout boxing and the protests, leave history in a museum and history books where it belongs , and make everyone equal and respect everyone by recognising that everyone exists in the world. All sorts of us, but we are still only One Race.

you cannot leave history in a museum when that history is still unfolding before us. you claim that people of color are no longer facing discrimination when all it takes is a look outside the window to confirm that it still exists. we may be one human race, but we are not yet treated equally by the people in power.

We are never going to move on arguing like this. BLM is a movement to have people’s voices heard. It didn’t do anything in 2013 and it’s only recognised need for police training now.

We need to actually DO something like re-educated or even not bring up race at all.

you are suggesting that 1) blm did not accomplish anything, and 2) that it will never accomplish anything. however the black lives matter movement has managed to bring justice to several black people after they were wrongfully killed or persecuted, it has raised international awareness, helped memorial funds, and has given access to many people so that they can further advocate for better rights. you are wrong in saying that a movement such as this one needs to be dropped while it has momentum.

you suggest we "do something" but keep asking us to maintain silence and the status quo. i don't understand what your stance is. re-education means overhauling the entire system so that it will finally see people of color as equals.

Do you know I got bought up by parents that Never mentioned race or even LGBTQ’s stuff when we were growing up?
As a result of that, my sisters had an Arabic friend, (I never knew religion or country). I had a Muslim best friend for a few years, we’ve had black friends, kissed black people, and dated the same gender. Why? Because we see NO difference between our white non religious being and any of them!

If you don’t bring it up, nothing happens! No difference seen.

i feel sorry for your friends because you're so unwilling to fight for their rights because you're so adamant on "seeing no difference." the truth is that as long as those in power still see people of color, muslims, and the lgbtq community as lesser beings, then there is still a difference, a disparity that has to be fought against. a gap that needs to be closed.

All of this is why we’ll never move on, and I’m glad that BLM did something but apparently racism still exists. I never ever said that poc aren’t face discrimination, everyone still does, but date I name them. It’s like I say Racism still exists.

It’s not necessarily about staying silent, it’s about instead of talking about it do it. You can talk the talk, now walk the walk type thing. We have only ever talked and screamed and shouted, and where has it gotten us?

And thanx for feeling sorry for my friends. Glad I was a great friend all those years. That’s pretty hurtful.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GODEATER » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

dontdrinkthepoison wrote:Angry poc indeed. Good example of exactly my point. Decisive and angry... took his ball and went home... he sees a victim when he looks in the mirror. That's not healthy. BLM encourages this. It's wrong... say what you will... it is wrong... it produces violence and more racism. Watch... you'll see...

you have no better argument then blaming someone for their skin color, huh?
    discord: godeater
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 pm

*JACKAL* wrote:
snails wrote:you still havent given me any sources or information on how I can help.
@jackal, poc is shorthand for person of color.

Thanks. And was the sources thing aimed at me? There are no sources for common sense as far as I know. As for the things I was hearing, if you follow Candace Owens on facebook, you’ll see not only her stuff but posts of other pocs speaking up. She’s the one that does the research.

"American conservative commentator / pursued a degree in journalism but left before getting her undergrad"
So she's inherently biased in the info she provides and has no education that implies the info she's giving you is truthful in the first place. If you were publishing a research paper with her as a source your reviewers would tell you to toss it and start over. For future reference, if you want your arguments to be respected the sources you link should be either qualified researchers, verified primary sources, or unbiased fact reporting media. I've found this chart to be helpful in that regard.
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm

*JACKAL* wrote:All of this is why we’ll never move on, and I’m glad that BLM did something but apparently racism still exists. I never ever said that poc aren’t face discrimination, everyone still does, but date I name them. It’s like I say Racism still exists.

It’s not necessarily about staying silent, it’s about instead of talking about it do it. You can talk the talk, now walk the walk type thing. We have only ever talked and screamed and shouted, and where has it gotten us?

And thanx for feeling sorry for my friends. Glad I was a great friend all those years. That’s pretty hurtful.

yes, racism still exists, no one is saying it doesn't. that's... literally the point that the blm movement addresses. like i said, just look out the metaphorical window. people are both talking the talk and walking the walk. they are protesting peacefully. you suggest that we "do more than talking, screaming and shouting" but don't give us any examples of what else people should be doing. they're joining political debates, calling their senators, creating movements to empower businesses owned by people of color. is that not a good thing in your eyes? is that not making a change?

i admit i was a bit crude with that comment, but my point still stands. as a person of color, it would hurt to have a white friend of mine tell me that they don't see my race, when i suffer from the way i am treated because of it.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:17 pm

jackal, what action do you propose we take? I'm interested in any other ideas there may be.

Postby dontdrinkthepoison » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:23 pm

VENGEANC3 wrote:
dontdrinkthepoison wrote:Angry poc indeed. Good example of exactly my point. Decisive and angry... took his ball and went home... he sees a victim when he looks in the mirror. That's not healthy. BLM encourages this. It's wrong... say what you will... it is wrong... it produces violence and more racism. Watch... you'll see...

you have no better argument then blaming someone for their skin color, huh?

Huh? THAT'S what you got from that? Really? Wow... ok then.

You did read what he wrote right? "As an angry poc" his words not mine.
Last edited by dontdrinkthepoison on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BoNeZ ^^

Under construction

&pageSize=900
dontdrinkthepoison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 pm

snails wrote:jackal, what action do you propose we take? I'm interested in any other ideas there may be.

I honestly can’t think right now, but it’ll be wrong anyway.

I think anything I’d try to think up, involves everything but this is just about poc. So I guess we’ll just protest and leave it at that. I’m honestly done.

I was meant to stop on this thread because everything I’m saying is wrong, and I keep offending people. I also live in the uk and an white so I am in no position to talk.

Please forgive me.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Not gonna lie, I dunno if I can handle 'one race, the human race' bc that means we're all being group together, and idk if I wanna be chilling with horsegirls, cod players, and superwholocks altogether, sorry luvs xo.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me