ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Postby Tess » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:42 am

APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.

Thank you to everyone who has applied! We are judging apps now, and will contact successful applicants soon. There were several hundred entries so please be patient while we get through them all!

You are now welcome to share your entries or use the lineart to create other designs.

Oekaki editables are available here: (large) and (small)
New PSD version available here (you can share your colored versions in that topic too!)

Please make note of these rules:

Rules:
  • Feel free to edit the lines, shading, eyes, background etc!
  • You may post these to the adoptables/characters board and sell your original designs
  • You're welcome to post colored versions in this topic if you just want to show us your artwork!
  • You must not remove the text giving credit to CS, and do not claim as your own base
  • Do not redistribute the PSD file (e.g. do not make it a download on a different site).
  • If you post off-site, remember to state that the base and Pyurae species is a free lineart from http://www.chickensmoothie.com so others may enjoy them too :)

-----------------

For the first time ever, we're opening artist applications!

We're looking for experienced artists with excellent creativity and technical art skills to join our team as a Guest Artist or Official Artist :D

We need artists to color pets or create items. You can apply for both specialties, or just one, whichever you're best at!

Click here to apply!

IMPORTANT: We have created pet/item templates, and there are important rules for using these.
  • Create your designs on the template and submit it using the secure application form.
  • Entries will only be viewed by staff.
  • Unfortunately we can't accept template entries by Oekaki as we require our artists to make CS pets/items using an external art program such as Photoshop or GIMP. You CAN use Oekaki art when showing us other examples of your work.
  • You may not share colored/completed versions of the templates in the CS forum, in chats, or anywhere else online until AFTER applications are CLOSED. (We will announce when this is okay).
  • Any entries posted publicly may be disqualified. Some entries may end up similar by coincidence as applicants are using the same lines and palettes. The only way we can judge two similar entries as original ideas is if we know users never saw the other entries.
  • You must submit at least one completed template for your application. You can also attach other examples of your art to support your application. Do not edit/copy/use CS pet or item images as part of your application.

You can only become a CS Artist by showing us your own original artwork. If you submit art or designs taken from a different artist you will be disqualified. If you've colored someone else's lineart, used something for inspiration, or created something as a collaboration please be very clear in your application.

The CS Artist role is an unpaid position.

Having fun with the templates? After artist applications are closed we will allow anyone to color and share these lines in the Forum/Oekaki. Until then, please be patient with us :)

Remember: do not share your colored templates or applications here.
You're welcome to post questions for staff to answer!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? Apply now!

Postby honeycombs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 am

Hi! I have a question. It's not about the artists, however. Will those llamas be an actual pet in CS? I would love to hoard them.
osaka, your professional nature softie (>~<)
honeycombs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:04 pm

davey. wrote:Hi! I have a question. It's not about the artists, however. Will those llamas be an actual pet in CS? I would love to hoard them.

This line art won't be used for CS pets, unfortunately! Thanks for the interest though c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:18 pm

lets say i'm not as confident in my art at the moment, but then a year later i have gained more experience, honed my skills, and overall more advanced as a artist. Will there be a chance to apply as a guest artist/official artist in the future?
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 pm

this sounds awesome! definitely going to try out. good luck everyone! ^^
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eboy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 pm

:O
eboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Liliette wrote:
lets say i'm not as confident in my art at the moment, but then a year later i have gained more experience, honed my skills, and overall more advanced as a artist. Will there be a chance to apply as a guest artist/official artist in the future?

There is no harm in applying now, even if you aren't confident in your skills at the moment!

There is currently no schedule for the next time we will be looking for artists, but like all team positions, people come and go and we will need more artists undoubtedly in the future. So, even if you don't get in this time around I'm sure there will be more opportunities for artists in the future.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawn. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

For the palette, are we permitted to use durrent tones of the palette of can it only be that specific set of colors? Like say i wanted a darker/light shade for the eyes?
Dawn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Dawnstar. wrote:For the palette, are we permitted to use durrent tones of the palette of can it only be that specific set of colors? Like say i wanted a darker/light shade for the eyes?

You can make the eyes any color you want, even colors outside of the palette entirely!

However, for the base design you should stick with the palette colors, outside of the changes made by the lighting layers. ^^
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawn. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 pm

okay, good to know, tysm!