Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Postby Aliria » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:13 pm

NyanCatAndHelloKitty wrote:I'm confused, haven't we had this rarity system for a while now?

The basic system of rarity has not changed at all. We still have the same set of labels and all that. However, the numbers that are used to determine the rarity of pets changed. This means that a lot of pets have different labels than they used to - you may notice that many pets from the last few months used to say they were uncommon, but now say they're common or very common.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GooseGore » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:55 am

As much as I love this update to the pets I also dislike it.
1) I lost a ton of rare pets and they became uncommon or commons and I had 23 rare now I only have 17.
2) I sorted my pets by rarity and so did a lot of others so now I have to go through ALL of my pets just to reorganize them which I think is kinda crappy.
3) so many of my pets are just all over the place now and I don’t even know what they are worth now and it’s very very confusing.
GooseGore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spectreselva » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:18 am

NyanCatAndHelloKitty wrote:I'm confused, haven't we had this rarity system for a while now?

I was wondering this too :/
Spectreselva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hokages » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:38 am

Woah now that explains why I was seeing so many new rare pets in my groups
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Lesbian
Adult
C$ balance: $361
Eldemore
Dappervolk
Flight Rising
Chicken Dollar Shop

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

" Y’know its cold when you go outside and its cold." - Redmas 2020
Hokages

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Momo89 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 pm

i love it! it's such a good idea i love that everyone is putting in effort to make it better than it already is.:)
Momo89

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:12 am

i'm a little confused how some staff pets went from common to uncommon and the newest year went from uncommon to very common?
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pidgeot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 pm

ahhhh, I'm hyped!! As an old user, trying to keep up with trading was really difficult the last few years. A lot of more recent users didn't get the whole 'rarer uncommon' thing. So this is really helpful! And now when I go to check rarities on my pets to update trade groups, they actually need reorganizing, which is exciting >:)
Pidgeot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 am

i'm a little late to the party but i love this new update! it gives players so many new options and i'm super excited to learn the new rarities!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 am

Spectreselva wrote:

I was wondering this too :/

The system's numbers got tweaked to better display the pets' actual rarities vs active accounts. I don't know what the numbers were before but here's an example of how they could have changed

Before the update the rarity threshold could have been
  • very common - 1 for every 100 accounts
  • common - 1 for every 400 accounts
  • uncommon - 1 for every 1000 accounts
  • rare - 1 for every 4000 accounts

After the update the threshold could now be
  • very common - 1 for every 400 accounts
  • common - 1 for every 1500 accounts
  • uncommon - 1 for every 3000 accounts
  • rare - 1 for every 5000 accounts

This would explain why so many uncommons dropped to common or very common if before they had been in the 1000-2000 range. With the second list a 1 in 1000 would now be in the very common tier rather than the "low" uncommon it would have been before. Again these are numbers I just pulled out of thin air

ThatOneIntrovert wrote:As much as I love this update to the pets I also dislike it.
1) I lost a ton of rare pets and they became uncommon or commons and I had 23 rare now I only have 17.
2) I sorted my pets by rarity and so did a lot of others so now I have to go through ALL of my pets just to reorganize them which I think is kinda crappy.
3) so many of my pets are just all over the place now and I don’t even know what they are worth now and it’s very very confusing.

1) 23 to 17 rares isn't that big a change honestly. Losing 6 rares is kinda a lot if you don't have a lot already but I wouldn't call 23 "a ton" of rares.
2) Pets always have a chance to change rarities every time they updated them. I've always had to move two or three pets up or down a rarity group whenever they did the monthly(ish) updates. This was just a very big update so a lot more pets have to be moved if you group by rarity.
3) The pets have a rarity label, that's what they're technically worth. Ex. Whatever you would have traded a 2017 common for that's pretty much what it's worth even if it was an "uncommon" before this update. The only pets that you really have to take demand into account are store pets, old rare+ pets, and the rares list (which is pretty much very old rare+ pets).
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby el mariachi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm

ah, just as i was learning the old rarities.....

but this is rad!!! i was a lil confused at how many uncommons they were in the past aha

el mariachi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me