Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Postby DBD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 am

wait... wait... I just realized with this improvement* to the rarity system... does that mean...
the rare pps cocoon dog will be vr one day?
yes. I would love to have my lil guy a vr rare. I adopted him and he became rare and I love him.

*I feel like the system is an improvement. And I'm tired of explaining why I think so. I like it and you don't that's fine. Lets not go at each other's throats for a opinion.
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 am

ligerteeth wrote:wait... wait... I just realized with this improvement* to the rarity system... does that mean...
yes. I would love to have my lil guy a vr rare. I adopted him and he became rare and I love him.

*I feel like the system is an improvement. And I'm tired of explaining why I think so. I like it and you don't that's fine. Lets not go at each other's throats for a opinion.

I agree, it’s definitely an improvement. It’s so much easier to explain why certain pets are rarer, and it makes the rarity difference between years much more visible.
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DBD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:16 am

dinolover519 wrote:
ligerteeth wrote:wait... wait... I just realized with this improvement* to the rarity system... does that mean...

I agree, it’s definitely an improvement. It’s so much easier to explain why certain pets are rarer, and it makes the rarity difference between years much more visible.

what makes me really interested is that if maybe we waited like 20 years or so... this guy could be an omgsorare. Like :0 wouldn't that be cool. Since it was an rare that was from a 2016 normal litter- I think it would be more likely to become a rare than the events- since you had to get a split growth from it. Now I'm gonna stay here for years just to see if this guy gets rarer.
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blysse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 am

ligerteeth wrote:
dinolover519 wrote:

what makes me really interested is that if maybe we waited like 20 years or so... this guy could be an omgsorare. Like :0 wouldn't that be cool. Since it was an rare that was from a 2016 normal litter- I think it would be more likely to become a rare than the events- since you had to get a split growth from it. Now I'm gonna stay here for years just to see if this guy gets rarer.

I’ve stayed for years for that very reason.
I’ve been here since BEFORE accounts were implemented, that’s how long I’ve played.
I stayed because my old pets get rarer and it’s nice to see my collection grow.

This update gave me so much hope and happiness that I have stayed all these years. I have had over 200 pets turn rare just because I stuck around.

I know it sucks for new users, but they have to understand we were all new once. Even people like me. But we stuck with this website for YEARS to see our collection grow. If you stay for over 10 years, I promise you’ll have some amazing pets too.
───────────────────────────────────────────╮
Blep ShopIcon ShopTradesCharacter List
╰───────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImage
Blysse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DBD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:31 am

Blysse wrote:

I’ve been here since BEFORE accounts were implemented, that’s how long I’ve played.

This update gave me so much hope and happiness that I have stayed all these years. I have had over 200 pets turn rare just because I stuck around.

I know it sucks for new users, but you have to understand we were all new once. Even people like me. But we stuck with this website for YEARS to see our collection grow. If you stay for over 10 years, I promise you’ll have some amazing pets too.

yess... I wanna make a list of pets that I'd love to be "omgsorare" or vr that I have. However I want my lil cocoon dog to be vr. He has potential. Grow old my pupper. become one with the rares.
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blysse » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:34 am

ligerteeth wrote:
Blysse wrote:

I know it sucks for new users, but you have to understand we were all new once. Even people like me. But we stuck with this website for YEARS to see our collection grow. If you stay for over 10 years, I promise you’ll have some amazing pets too.

yess... I wanna make a list of pets that I'd love to be "omgsorare" or vr that I have. However I want my lil cocoon dog to be vr. He has potential. Grow old my pupper. become one with the rares.

That’s actually a really cool collection idea!!

If you think about it logically, almost every pet will at least hit uncommon-rare at some point as the years go on just because they are no longer being released. That is as long as the site is still making new pets.

So really it’s all one big waiting game.
(Eyeing my fennecs ;3)
───────────────────────────────────────────╮
Blep ShopIcon ShopTradesCharacter List
╰───────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImage
Blysse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sui » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:20 am

It seems as though quite a few of my older pets just became rare because of this new update.

Well, that's pretty cool, I guess.

  | Avatar | Signature | Usernames |

- Adult (and very boring).
- Also known online as Gira / Giratina.
- Good at seeming more serious than intended.
- May accidentally sound rude, sorry.

ImageImage
Sui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DBD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:39 am

Blysse wrote:
ligerteeth wrote:yess... I wanna make a list of pets that I'd love to be "omgsorare" or vr that I have. However I want my lil cocoon dog to be vr. He has potential. Grow old my pupper. become one with the rares.

That’s actually a really cool collection idea!!

If you think about it logically, almost every pet will at least hit uncommon-rare at some point as the years go on just because they are no longer being released. That is as long as the site is still making new pets.

So really it’s all one big waiting game.
(Eyeing my fennecs ;3)

I have made myself a group called "the wait rares" where I have a group of probably mostly rares that I'm waiting to become VR or higher :3
DBD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anther_ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 am

I’m really happy about this update! It helps a lot ☺️

Although almost all my commons turned into very common...
I really don’t care though.
i like sharks
◦•●◉✿ I'm somewhat inactive here ✿◉●•◦

ImageImage
ImageImage

══════════ ⋆★⋆ ══════════

I love orb cats!
Anther_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenshadowRose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 am

Thanks for the update!

~Spirit Calling Rose, Master of the shadows.
RavenshadowRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me