Store Pets are now identified on their pet page

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Store Pets are now identified on their pet page

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:54 pm

.......... oh yikes, the mini-CS site tag only differs from the C$ tag by 2 pixels (more if you count the surrounding white pixels, which you probably won't)

I'm super grateful that we have the tag at all now, but Libelle makes a good point
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artistacat » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am

This is a great idea! :D
Avatar Credit to: Schnuffel Bunny

artistacat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am

Libelle wrote:
Shian wrote:Man.

Not sure what you are trying to tell me, I am not a man ... :(

Sorry, it's an expression in English to indicate exasperation or frustration. The "Oh" or "Aw" part can be omitted.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:53 am

Shian wrote:
Libelle wrote:It was probably well intended, but I do not find this update helpful. We have many pets tagged "CS" in black, in red & green, in grey, and in other colours. The "C$" tag is hardly distinguishable from these "CS" tags. Especially for new users who do not know what details to look for and, most importantly, for people with colour blindness (like myself) who read the green as grey. To me, the following tags looks exactly the same at first glance:

Image Image Image

I understand, this update is intended to help prevent users from accidentally trading away a store pet or from accidentally trading it away for underpay. If, however, I have to think about whether a pet might be a store pet and zoom in really closely to identfy the tag correctly or even check the archives to be on the safe side, I will not be in any danger of accidentally trading it away anyway.

Man.

Dang, that's a good point.
    In the interest of time spent, you could even just remove the "C" from "C$" and get the same point across without the tag being virtually the same as any other "cs" tag.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:56 am

I didn’t even realize that. Maybe something darker to stand out more would be helpful too? I can’t easily notice them. >_<
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:47 am

Not really seeing the issue here because for the store pets there will always be two tags (the normal one and the C$ one) so it should be pretty clear.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:46 am

Simon wrote:
    Not really seeing the issue here because for the store pets there will always be two tags (the normal one and the C$ one) so it should be pretty clear.

That’s... not at all intuitive for this college educated adult... I mean, it makes sense once it’s explained but I’m not sure how many people would look at it that way.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 am

Simon wrote:

This is something you'll have to think about, not something that will come automatically, even though it makes sense. The more information that the user doesn't have to think about, the better; this is a design principle that is taught to people who are formally learning about design.

"Small greenish tag that looks like 'CS' or 'C$', maybe it's a store pet? Looks as cute as some of this year's pets."
and more experienced users might also think "I could see this pet being bought enough to be only rare"

I'm not sure how many people would then go on to think:
"Wait there's only one CS tag"

(although people probably would take a closer look to see if it reads CS or C$... I hope)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YomaArt » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:52 am

:thumbup: :) wonderful update, thx
YomaArt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:49 pm

This is excellent, thank you!
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me