Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Cyborg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:24 pm

What country are you from?: I'm from Canada. I'm on Eastern standard time :)

How long have you been a member on CS?: I joined on September 13th or 14th 2008, however I did not sign up until the 15th.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I could come on multiple times a day.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I will admit I took sort of a Hiatus from Chicken smoothie - not playing much. I could easily up the time I spend on CS to 3 - 6 hours a day. =) I come on between 9-12AM and 8-10PM usually :)

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have been a moderator on several sites, However all of them were small role-play sites or small pet sites and the Admin has either dropped the site or it died due to lack of members.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I know pet sites rather well, I'm a mature person and can handle situations well when I'm calm. I would be a great benefit to the site, I can come on during school hours(due to the fact that I'm homeschooled). I really enjoy talking to people, and would love to be an addition to the moderator team.

Any other comments?: As mentioned before, I'm homeschooled and can come on at odd times - and be on more often then most. C: I know the difference between a rational conversation and a heated one and because I've had modding experiences in the past I know how to deal with people. :) I don't think I've been warned before, but I could be wrong.

Cyborg was here.
ImageImageImageImage
Cyborg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tasuya hisano » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:40 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)U.S.A
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)
14 on september 14 im going to be 15

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:i found the site in Dec 2008 and join on dec 11th
How often can you come on the CS forums?:almost everyday .i come and post and read rpg and my art thread.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:every day from 5-9:59 pm unless final then around 7-9 pm.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:no not excatly but i want to be a mod so i can have experince with fourms so i can hadle my own site later on these several month when im geting my tablet and make my own adoptable site.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: to help out the site since we are having more member eachday and it is a hand full for our mods.its fun also so i can have expreince too.Also i feel i need to make up for one error i did by accident.
Any other comments?:The truth i've been warned once by lady for posting clickable adotable on another fourm didnt really mean to though i was kinda a little new to adoptable site.i'm very strict when it come to busniess.Most people say im very stright forward in my own way.i know how to chosse my sentance to make people stay calm.and since i really cant have pets begin on cs make me happy having pets to adopt.even if i cant be a mod i wonder if begin an artist here is fine i did make some lineart for rose.
Tasuya hisano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Sakura~ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:09 pm

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:I have been a member since january first I think, but I started adopting and reading posts in the forum since august I think
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come here every single day, I have lots of spare time!
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:Probably about two-seven hours each day of the week, depends if its school, weekend, or vacation. Yes, you could say im CS obsessed :? but i just love meeting new friends and having a good time and the wonderfull pets! :D
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:I am the admin and super mod of two sites, one is an adoptables forum and one a pretty new forum which is starting to get more members:
http://funchat.forumotion.net/forum.htm username: hermine
http://cherryblossomadopts.forumotion.net/forum.htm username: admin ((i was to lazy to change it, its preset))
I am also a mod on this forum:
http://chat-board.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I just love CS and love spending time here.Since I am also the straight A clean type school girl, I also like keeping everything nice and organized. I would love helping people follow the rules and around CS and also helping keeping everything on CS clean, organized, etc. I would commit everything to CS, this is the best site ever. I guess you could say I am strong-willed gong over to stubborn, so no problemo for getting my point through if a member doesnt want to follow the rules XD
Any other comments?: This is my style of moditoring: always nice and always offer an explanation when correcting a broken rule, etc. Never do something unfair, or ban a member or give warnings because I dont like that member. Overall I try to help out a lot. I love correcting mistakes and broken rules, it makes me feel as if I helped keep this foru organized, and also

and also, I have to admit i got a warning once for posting in the wrong forum when i was a new b, and I was very shocked because at school im like the girl that gets called a nerd cause I love studying and rules etc. so i am very very sorry for this and feel very bad that it happened :cry:
maybe modding on CS could help me make up for that mistake?

I know I am pretty young but I would be overly happy if I am concidered for a mod, even of it is for just one forum.
anyways, thanks for bringing us this awesome forum!!!

oh and also i speak german and french fluently so if i am chosen *shakes head as she speaks* i could help out with the language forum.

~hermine

PS: Best of Luck to everyone!
Last edited by ~Sakura~ on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Sakura~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazel XIII » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm

if you appley, would you still be able to do the roleplays and forum games?
Thanks to fifdom for my Troo fanart.
Hazel XIII

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paper Moon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

What country are you from? United States, specifically on the west coast.

Around what age are you? I will be 19 on July 10th.

How long have you been a member on CS? I believe my forum record says November. I first adopted pets from CS in July 2008, but I wasn't aware of the forums until much later. I think I only joined the forums back then because it allowed for better pet organization! To be honest, I was drawn back to the site by the adoptables...but ultimately stayed for the community. I may not be very well known amongst the community, but I have met some wonderful people through CS and for that I'm grateful to be a part of it.

How often can you come on the CS forums? My current daily routine is not complete if I don't check CS at least once in the evening for growths. I also like to check up on certain threads and forums, out of habit. On the average, I log in at least once or twice a day, if not more. My schooling rarely, if ever, interferes with this routine. Two of my best friends are also avid fans of CS and immediately after we get out of class we have lunch and log in to Chickensmoothie to check the latest goings-on. It's something of a bonding ritual for us, which ultimately makes CS that much more important to me.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week? Oh wow. I think...weekly it would be maybe 21 hours on average? I spend about three hours daily on CS either roaming the forums, checking growths, perusing trades, etc. The amount of time I spend on the site tends to depend on if I have something specific I want to check on or look at, or if something in the forums has caught my attention. I'm not one to lurk around the site 24/7 unless I have a reason or obligation to do so.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them. Yes, I have been a moderator in the past, but sadly I cannot link to the sites which I was active on as the server which hosted them no longer exists. I was a moderator for several sites on a server called Avidgamers (I'm not sure if anyone knows or remembers AG or AG2 at all...), but the server went down a few years back and years of data disappeared with it. Such things happen, I suppose.

I was most well-known on an AG-hosted site called "Alluring Bliss." The owner and creator of the site loved it dearly but due to circumstances beyond her control was rarely ever online to run her site. She left it in the care of her co-administrator who eventually hired on a handful of moderators to help her run the place. I was one of the moderators hired. Over time, the site started to die and members and staff alike slowly deserted it. The co-administrator, myself, and about three other mods were the only ones left still trying to breathe new life and new ideas into the site which, admittedly, worked fairly well up until the server crash. During my time there I helped mediate conflicts, helped brainstorm new ideas, helped keep the forums neat and tidy, and was in charge of periodic updates on the site's progress, weather, events, etc. I loved that site very much and put a lot of myself into it, as I tend to do with most projects of this sort that I sign on for. Since AG's crash, however, all of the sites which I had previously modded on are no longer in existence. Any and all of my recent moderating experience has been on a handful of now-inactive roleplay sites created by myself and my partner-in-crime Nekoasato which were used primarily by our real-life friends. Most of my major moderating experience, therefore, was from 2003 to 2007 or so.

Why do you want to be a moderator here? To be honest, it's mostly because I miss that feeling of being a part of a well-oiled mechanism that keeps something I truly love running smoothly. I was very sad to see Alluring Bliss disappear the way it had, as it felt as though all the work I'd put into the site had been for nothing, but I think ultimately I gained experience that made me more sensitive to online etiquette and diplomacy. Dealing with other people online is worlds apart from dealing with people face to face simply because you're lacking in that element of vocal, facial, and body language cues. You can't always tell if the person you're chatting with on a forum is serious or joking, or if they're angry or simply irritated. I've learned that being polite, straightforward and honest goes a long way, even if you'd rather lash out at someone.

Being a moderator on a site like Chickensmoothie is, without a doubt, a bit of a daunting thought. The site is quite large and I have no illusions about the amount of work that it must take to keep a forum like this running smoothly. But this challenge is part of the draw for me. I'd like to do my part to help keep CS running. I may not be the fierce sort of mod or the one who's respected for their toughness, but I can hold my ground and stand firm on my rulings when I need to. I have more experience in the conflict resolution and forum upkeep sides of moderation thanks to personal experiences and former experience as a mod. I'm a friendly and approachable sort for those who need to report problems or ask questions, and I work well with others in a team-like atmosphere. I might be a little shy at first, but I warm up fairly quickly. Considering my utter lack of skill at art and the fact that I have nothing to contribute to CS artistically, I wanted to apply to be a moderator to put my people skills to good use. :3

Any other comments? Please forgive my longwindedness and good luck to all who applied - dedicated staff and fans alike! :3
Paper Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby julAugust » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm

hazleliz1313 wrote:if you appley, would you still be able to do the roleplays and forum games?

Yeah, I'm sure this wouldn't interfere with you doing those things if you wanted. :)
Pet's name: Julie

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

Every day I spend with you is like magic. <3
julAugust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shez » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: Australia, Eastern side.
Around what age are you? 17.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Joined on 15th March, but been watching without an account since 9th of December (my first adopted pet's D.O.B.).
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I'm online everyday. It is a big part of my daily computer routine.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Depends on the day. Weekdays are usually around 3-4 hours per day. Weekends are longer of course.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Sort of. I was to be a moderator on a site called critterfrenzy.com, but that site never really kicked off, and has since closed down. I have however some experience of the encounters one would face in this job.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I have extensive knowledge of the rules here, as I visit the forums often- not always posting but lurking in the shadows, getting a grip on what to do and what not to do. I think I'd be of benefit to the site as I can take my share of criticism, and live in a timezone which isn't exactly common- considering many players live in N/S America and Europe. I'm happy to give up some of my free time to help out here, and I'd feel happier knowing that I was helping to keep the forums friendly and uncluttered.
Any other comments?: Nothing in particular. I hope you find the people you're looking for 8D
shez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocelover567 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: U.S.A.
Around what age are you? 14

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I've participated on CS for around 11 months:)
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I can come on daily for at least an hour
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: 2-3 hours a day
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: http://darkclancats.proboards.com/index.cgi?
there's more but they've become inactive over time, this is the most active.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
I want to be a moderator because I love animals and I love chickensmoothie, I follow the rules, I can make sacrifices, I can enforce rules, I could help with the new adoptables, I'm very creative and come up with new ideas for pets or designs, and I'm strong and can take abuse, I've taken verbal abuse from peers many times.
Any other comments?:
Nothing that I can think of, thanks for considering.:)
My all-time dreamie, a pittie named after my best friend who was taken too soon.
Rest in Peace, Gunnar <3
Ocelover567

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWhisperer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't really mind giving up my time to help you at all! ^^
How long have you been a member on CS?: September 2008
How often can you come on the CS forums?: From time to time but I can come on many times if needed. I do like the adoptables on this site and I adopt as many of one wolf pet as I can
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: It varies from week to week. Sometimes I accidentally forgett but for most of the times I have not had a chance to get on but if I do become a staff member I will co-opearate as much as I possibly can to this site!
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I haven't been a moderator for any site but I have made my own forums and site.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I think that it would be nice of me to find somewhere I can give up my time to help out other people than not just myself/
Any other comments?: I only have one account on this site and it is the one I am using now. I follow the rules that are put over EVERY site. I was banned a couple of times on Balto source but that was over two years ago. I care for many things and I would just think it would be nice of me to try out for the job.

I hope it doesn't sound that bad.... does it?
WolfWhisperer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gleebees » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:40 am

What country are you from?: United States Of America
Around what age are you?: Under 14 (exact;y 12 :lol: )

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since October of 2008
How often can you come on the CS forums?:In Oklahoma time, around 8:00 AM to about 11:00
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Maybe an hour or two a day checking the forum for updates.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: (I think this is the link) www.warriors-of-the-wild.heavenforum.com
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I believe i can give back to the CS community by trying my best as a mod.
Any other comments?: You draw good (totally off topic, but i need to say it)
My Tumblr

"You're neither friend nor foe,
though I can't seem to let you go,
one thing that I still know
is that you're keeping me
down.

You're onto me, onto me, and all over.
Something always brings me back to you,
it never takes too long."

I would LOVE to be apart of a 1x1 roleplay! Just message me<3
gleebees

My pets