Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Postby Tess » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Hey guys, please read all the information before posting and DO NOT PM OR EMAIL ME about applying. If you have any questions, post them here, and applications should also be posted here.

So, Chicken Smoothie has grown enormously since I last hired moderators, I can't remember the exact numbers but I'm sure we have at least 3 or 4 times as many members now. It is getting hard for our poor mods to keep up with everything here, so to help them out I am looking to hire a few more.

I am looking for mature members, very active in the forums, who have been a member for a decent amount of time, know CS workings very well, and have not had forum warnings in the past (though these can be looked at on a case-by-case basis)

I would really love people who have a lot of spare time and enjoy spending their time on CS. If you don't have much computer time or don't have a lot of interest in the forums, this job is not really suited to you.

Please don't apply if you're just interested in staff benefits etc. This job is a lot of hard work and is certainly not glamourous. Staff are frequently abused for giving out valid forum warnings etc, so strong-willed people are required for the job.

SO for anyone who read all that and is still keen, please fill out the application form and post it here.

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
How often can you come on the CS forums?:
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
Any other comments?:

Thanks :) myself and a few members of the staff will be picking the sucessful candidates after applications close. The optional section is really entirely optional so feel free to leave it blank if you're not 100% happy posting that information here.

Applications will be open for 1 week from now - I'll remind of the closing date closer to the time but we're all on different timezones so just think OMG HAVE TO APPLY ASAP k

xoxo

p.s. I'm super busy with university for the next 2 weeks so moderators will probably not be chosen until after the 19th June.

(for those of you about to enter summer vacation - please give me an estimate of the time you would normally spend on CS during school days, cause this job is not just a vacation job!)

thanks guys, honest answers always preferred
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Sorren Fey » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 pm

*is an abused mod* LoL

So, good luck everyone. :3
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Sorren Fey wrote:*is an abused mod* LoL

So, good luck everyone. :3

you are the abused mod x3

but you're tough C:
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotaro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Hello Tess :)<3 I would love to help Sorren and the others<3 so i apply for both board moderator and moderator :) i hope i get to be one of em!

What country are you from?: Sweden.
Around what age are you? : 17+

How long have you been a member on CS?: I'm not quite sure, 2-3 months, Even if it's not "Alot" of time, I know quite much, I'm a member that is VERY active, I always logg in on the morning and is there untill the late night, so i'm online almost 10+hours everyday. I know the rules on CS very well and i know almost every forum x3 But ofcourse you want someone that have been here alot, and i respect that.. But i posted this, thinking maybe i have a chance anyway :) I'm a quick learner. I believe that I know how CS works enough to address all issues that could come.. Some of my RP/IRL friends have been on this site for long and have told me about whats been happening, So I've been learning..

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday-all the time, Since i work from home now i can be online almost every hour if ya want me to, even on holidays and such, always have a laptop with me! I do actually work with digital and media on comupters(And yes i do have time to look in the forums even if i work and yes i do have another life beyond CS and my work ;3), So i thought this could fit me. And aye, soon is it summerholiday for some, But i will still be as active when it's over, So this is full time, not only on vacation. And i dont mind people beeing mad at me beacuse i simply follow the rules and they dont, so i wont break down beacuse of that.. I will try my best to help everyone out and listen to everyones option !

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend 10hours+ everyday, More on weekends.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No i haven't, Since i dont like every site iam on, But i do like CS, i'm totally in love with it<3

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I want to be a moderator to help you(Tess), Sorren and the others, I know it's a hard work for the ones that are already moderators here to keep up, so i thinked i maybe could help, I love all the forums and are on them everyday to check new ones, I'm very active so why not, And i like to help people, iam fair and always help people out when it's needed, i've always been fair to everyone else as my friends, even if someone who is my friend and have done something wrong on this site to another i wont let her/him get away with it, After all there are rules for a reason.

I have a GOOD memory so i remember every birthday and stuff.. And i want to Make the members happy and enjoy this site as much as i do<3 I want to help the site to grow even more and make it clean from stolen pictures, rough words and such, the things that brakes your rules. Ialso love to answer other people's questions :) I really love this site and i have this as my homepage or well, i click up this site first in the morning, I need to look at chickensmoothie everyday..To look if there are new adoptables, new forums, posts and such.. I just want to help you and chickensmoothie in any way i can<3

I'm a very happy and positive person, Even if things go to hell i wont stop thinking positive, I'm also very fair, Caring and understanding, I always do works to 100% and i never slack, Not even when i'm tired, I love to do people for other, It is then i do things to 100%! I always help out friends in need, well i try.. I'm not shy, I can really talk with person and many comes to me to get help ect :) My friends say i'm good with them, I'm kind and big-hearted, i stand for what i say. Strong-willed and highly motivated i do things to 100% like i said :) Needs no motivation i'm no need for motivation, I do things anyway, it needs to be done by someone :) I thinked maybe this could help you decide ^^ if i told how iam, But i do ofcourse not know everyone else's option, This is the option from my friends and such :)
I know it's not needed but here is a picture of me, You may want to see who is going to help you with the site, If i now get choosen :) I do dearly hope so!
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt33 ... nMilly.jpg

The site is really wonderfull, Good job Tess keep it up!<3 You've shown me a new world, there i can escape the real one<3 Love the way you do your adoptables, the forums, roleplaying.. everything<3 Thank you for doing the site and Thank you to all moderators that have been keeping this sute clean already<3 Maybe i got some luck this time.. :) I have a STRONG will to do this.. And i will do it the best way i can, i just wont do a half work i will really try to impresse you! I've dreamed about this moment really :)

Any other comments?:
Well, I've said most of it, I do hope you think about making me to a moderator, Since i really want to help you and the others, Since i love CS and almost everyone on it, i could maybe help with looking in the forums and help out, And yes i'm abit of a CS freak, Since i'm online 10hours+, I dont apply to get respect i think you've alr understood that(I hope), I just want to help out<3 My Friend Sorren Fey must get pretty tired of seeking through all the form everyday, I want to help a friend in need so she can get some time over for something else, and the others of this site to create a better community :) I've also helped Soren Fey with reporting stuff ^_^ Maybe not much but abit :) I want to help alot more, I thought it was fun in one way :) I luv to help people^_^
You did an awsome site and i love to look at the site everyday and see the new cute adoptables<3

*huggles* from Darkflow<3
And good luck to everyone else! :) <33

Sorry about the edits: I just did some proper grammar changes.. Dots and such i had forgot ^_^ And i've just been editing 10 times so dunno why it says that much o.o
Last edited by Kotaro on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 42 times in total.
Kotaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twinkling Star » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:25 pm

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since August 08
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Most of the time everyday
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:3-5 Hours when i can but normally two a day
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:Well yes i was a mod on a site called Webkinzone.com for a couple of months last year till the site was shut down..( maybe because the owner could not afford it but it just shut down on day and never came back)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: To help Members, Keep the forum clean, I just really like helping and i am not sure what to type besides saying i just want to help and i think i would be good at the job.
Any other comments?: What else can i say really except i am excited for anybody that is picked for the new mods!

What country are you from?: I live in the United states.(Kentucky)
Around what age are you? 15 but i shall be Sixteen coming September.
Last edited by Twinkling Star on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Username changed! Past username was: TheAlbinoBunny (alternatively I was also once Huskylover)
Twinkling Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Biparo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 pm

How long have you been a member on CS?:December first.
How often can you come on the CS forums?:10 AM-6 PM,On school days:6 AM-7 AM-5PM-8 PM
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:30+
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:No.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:Because I love this site and I want to do all I can for it.
Any other comments?:Thanks

What country are you from?: United states,Texas
Around what age are you?: 16
Last edited by Biparo on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage Watch us Grow!
Biparo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:40 pm

What country are you from?: Denmark
Around what age are you? I am 19 years old

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since January, I know CS very well.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day, with very few exceptions of cours.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Pretty much all day. I'm not that active in the weekends, since I'm with my family who don't have any internet connection.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, I haven't.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I love CS and want the best for it. I want the forums to be nice and without any rulebreakers. And then because I want to give something back to CS. I'm not creative, so helping CS's forums and members is actually the only way for me to say thank you.
Any other comments?: Hmm, I don't think I can say anything else.. Other than good luck finding your mods :)
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⚜ Estivel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 pm

What country are you from?: U.S.
Around what age are you? 14

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since September 22nd XD
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day I spend a few hours on here. Don't know what times it is on the forums (I usually don't check forum time), but according to my computer it's 6 AM-7 AM, and then 4 PM- 8 PM
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: A few hours a day, and I can come on every day of the week.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Well, I've been one here on the International Boards =3
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: 'Cause I'm absolutely obsessed with Chicken Smoothie, and I'd love to help in any way I can. This has, since the day I joined, became my most-visited site, and also my homepage whenever I open up internet explorer. If my parents blocked all my websites except for here, I probably wouldn't notice >w<
Any other comments?:

Thank you for reading XD
WRATH IS ON HIATUS
Please only PM about RPs
|Fursona and Adoptables|
|Feäre Wolves|
I wish I had a unicorn,
So I could fly away.
Where fun isn’t worn,
Nor people do mourn,
This is where dreams are born.

⚜ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ⚜

And if there was a place like this,
Would not it be quite grand?
To jump and play in fevered bliss,
Where no one can just stand?

I long to have a unicorn,
So I could learn to fly,
Yet dreams hold scorn

. . . . . .For hopes highborn,
. . . . . .And unicorns yet to fly.

we are NOT holibombers, but we will sometimes give gifts
⚜ Estivel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honey Raven » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 am

What country are you from?: North Carolina, USA
Around what age are you? I am 26. 27 on the 22nd of this month.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since February 11th.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come on every single day.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I can spend anywhere from a few hours to as many as 6 hours on here. Just depends on what's going on. I usually log on between 7-8 AM my time and the last time I log in is around 9PM my time. So pretty much all day long.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Cresteds Rock I am a mod there. Granted we aren't a HUGE board but I've been a Mod for awhile and love doing the work. I am also in charge of the monthly Photo Contest we hold for our members.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I absolutely love CS. I've met some wonderful people here and everyone is great. I would just love to give back, to help you, in thanks for giving me such a great place to come and such great friends I've met.

Any other comments?: I am a stay at home Mom. So most of my day is spent here at home, not far from my computer. I very rarely go on vacation *sigh* CS is the first site I check every morning.
Last edited by Honey Raven on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honey Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:34 am

Ready, able and honered to asist :D May I please apply?

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since march, a few months now.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: All the time. I always look through the topics which appeal to me in a different way. I often see those topics get closed or become popular because of the user's appeal to everyone else. Sometimes I'm online for hours ^^; (I think my record is 10 or 12, no joke. Check my logs!)

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: It depends. I usually use chickensmoothie for a few hours (per day and morning/night).I often spend my time replying to the thousands of threads I have wrote in or trying to help my peers and newbies. I like collecting the pets to and enjoy spending countless hours chatting with friends and roleplaying to my hearts content.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, I'm affraid not. I'm not as active on sites like this, because they aren't as good. I love chickensmoothie and since I joined I've always wanted to become a moderator or artist *drools* since silent wolf kennels I've been insipred by your beautiful work, but didn't join the site till know because somebody had made an account with my email >.<

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I love the site to bits (why else? :D) When ever I see someone cheating or breaking the rules I investigate it. Sometimes they're caught. I find chickensmoothie is my fantasy to escape reality, especially when I have a bad day. I love to collect the pets and I love to roleplay. This website has introduced a whole new world to me, full of tablets, photoshop, fursonas and roleplay. I'm trying to learn how to draw on the computer, because in the opinion of hundreds of people in real life, I'm the best drawer they know (even though I don't go braging, I don't even think I'm an artist.) I showed a friend the other day my scetch of a wolf, and someone snatched it of me and ran out of the class trying to show it to passerbys *sigh* :lol:

I want to help the site and become part of this wonderful fantasy in every way I can. I understand you may not consider me because I lack experience, but I can asure you I know the site like the back of my hand. I always try to help people out and answer their questions and have made many several people fursonas which they cherish, for no cost at all.

I try to give my all in everything I do, and this is the perfect opportunity to prove it! I am willing, hardworking and ready to accept my fate and challenges. I respect your desicion, whether the odds are in my favour or sway towards my beloved friends and fellow CSies. If you think I'm not ready then I will be ready, because I think I am. I hope to asist sorren and the rest of you in future. I must admit I have made a few mistakes, hopefully not warning worthy, but I'm sure there isn't a dedicated soul on this site who hasn't ;). And I try to be honest, so please hear me out.

If you think this is all cotton candy and an overuse of smiles, I must say I can be tough. I'm not afraid to stop cheaters and people who break the rules. I prefer to give them a warning or remind them gently then give out severe punishments. I stick up for my friends and the inoccent people, especially when they're being bullied and critizied. If people continue to cause trouble then I can deal with that to. I think you understand where I'm coming from.

I always have time to kill and chickensmoothie is the first place I go. I try to help the community in everyway I can and I think I am ready for this. As you can see, my post is very long with many several edits; that is because I know I could help and possibly right for the job. As you would notice, I try to be mature at all times and don't write in capitals unless completely nessesary. I do enjoy using smilies though. I love to give people feedback and am very grateful for any in return. It's going to be tough for you to decide on a winner (speaking to staff and Tess) but I know whatever your desicion, it will be the right choice and benefit this website the most. I understand having a long application, some politeness, sincirety and alot of hope will not get me the job, but perhaps increase my chances and let you know how much I love this site and am ready!

I want to help, and I know you guys believe me (after falling asleep from reading this!) I can and will do my best. I hope I'm not repeating myself here, but I am totally commited, hopefully mature enough, time wary, dedicated, hopefull, excited, ready and strict enough. I promise I will not rant on about it if I'm not chosen, I respect your desicions always and will respect whom you chose. Yeah I do have some faults (bad with htmls and photoshop) but they wont get in the way hopefully and atleast I'm honest enough to admit that. You'll notice I don't swear alot either; that's because I try to keep things clean and be a good influence to the younger members, which is considerably important and I've noticed several older members do so.

Any other comments?: Hmm, I know I'm not the most experienced person out of this wide selection. I guess I'm hoping to be considered, but I know these people are ready to be chosen, more experienced then myself. I probably wont get picked and one of my friends will, but it doesn't matter. I try to be fair to people, whether that means giving them a gift or comment, remmebering their birthday and helping complete their colections. My spelling could use work, but at least I have proper grammer ;) (I hope). Anyway, what goes around comes around; perhaps fate will be on my side this time.

Thankyou Tess; you are an inspiration to me.

P.S- If I don't get chosen, I hope Darkflow does. She is a wonderful person and has bought alot of light and sunshine to this website. I know how much she wants to be it and I know she is dedicated. I hope you can choose someone that will listen beacause I know she will and will I to. Please PM me if you have any questions, I am happy to answer and be at your service. Also, here are some links form my threads, go check them out if you want ;)

Newbies guide (most questions on the last few pages)- http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... 17&t=20401
Free fursonas- http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... 73&start=0
My growing adoptables (inspired by yours ^^)- http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... 10&t=24056

Thankyou again, please consider me. If you do I will give my all to help our wonderful community (and if not I will anyway!)

I have edited this like 200 times because I'm really dedicated (I hope you see it that way XD) er, not because I made 200 mistakes *shifty eyes*
Last edited by Missy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me