Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Weekly Challenge Board: Your thoughts (tick all that apply)

I don't use or visit the oekaki boards at all
7%
I use or browse the oekaki sometimes, but I never go to the weekly challenge board
12%
I sometimes browse or draw in the weekly challenge board
13%
I try to use the weekly challenge board every week
2%
I like the weekly challenge board the way it is and don't think it should change
4%
I think we need longer than 1 week to submit entries for the weekly challenge
8%
It would be good if some of the old weekly challenges were used again so that we could do the ones we missed
14%
It would be good if we could submit weekly challenge ideas
21%
It would be good if the weekly challenge is announced at the top of the forum each week to remind us to check it
20%

Total votes : 2912

Re: Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Postby narwhallama » Sat May 03, 2014 8:36 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Er, I'm not sure.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Yes but maybe if an artist wants more time there could be a 'start next challenge' button, just in case.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) Some of them were really imaginative, but others were a bit meh.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
I don't know.
narwhallama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ramattra » Sat May 03, 2014 8:50 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, once.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it's perfect. If you can't complete art in 7 days, why bother?
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) They were interesting. I'm sure they cured art block for a lot of people.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I used it once, however I don't like to draw in Oekaki.
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔒𝔯 π”žπ”° 𝔦 π”₯π”žπ”³π”’ !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Sat May 03, 2014 8:51 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: yep! jvj
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: yeah, only about once, though. i'm looking to participate more!
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: i think it's fine, but for some people it might be too short. an extension wouldn't hurt.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: yeah, but not too often.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far?: i think they're fantastic, and i'm looking forward to more =//u//=
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: not enough time, for the most part.
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starfin » Sat May 03, 2014 9:15 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, I'm fairly active.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: I think I posted once, but I don't particularily remember.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I don't think so. I have very little time in one week to do the chellenge art, so I woul dlike more time. I'm unsure about how long it should last.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: I'm unsure about this question, as well.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I really liked a few, and others I did not. I guess it's just my opinion. c:
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I don't feel like I have the time to draw the art. Also, it's frustrating to enter the challenge when you have no characters or fursonas to draw.

---

I have a suggestion:

What if there were multiple challenges at once? Maybe three or so. It could be a month to be able to complete these challenges so you have time to do one, two, or even all if you felt like it.
And if you don't want to enter a challenge, you could enter in the other(s) if you wanted to instead of waiting a week for a new challenge.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwImage
Imagewwwwwwwwwwwww
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CS Goalβ—Ύ Obtain One WL Pet Every Day
Goal Completed Todayβ—Ύ Yes
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬

┏━━━━━━━┓
Hi, I'm starfin.
Care to visit
my DA or
Pintrest?
β™₯
┗━━━━━━━┛

β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β—Ύβ–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
starfin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spark » Sat May 03, 2014 9:39 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes, I have.
    2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Not yet.
    3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think that's a lot of time!
    4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yep!
    5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) They're all pretty cool.
    6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I'm really bad at drawing on the computer, so I mostly color in.
Spark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unseen~Before » Sat May 03, 2014 9:50 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, only a few times.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: No, but I have thought about it.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Hmm, during the school year I do not think so. That is mainly why I haven’t due to the limit time. I think maybe 2 weeks would be more sufficient.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes, but say every 3-6 months. Otherwise that would be too early.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I think most of them have been pretty fun :)
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: Mainly just because I don't have enough time.
"This is how the world will end. Not with a bang, but with a whimper."
Unseen~Before

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fakeviolinz » Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: yeeee.
    2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: yeah, idek how many times, uh... about 7 times?
    3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it's enough time personally, but some may disagree.
    4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yeh, I missed a lot, that's why I do them occasionally.
    5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I really like the themes, they were fun to do.
    6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I use it occasionally, mostly because I'm not exactly happy about my art and am a perfectionist. If I can't do the theme I leave it. It's either that or I don't have enough time, but I rEALLY want you to keep the boards open, regardless if we do them or not! They're a fun way to pass the time.
spencer - they/them - lover of rats and bugs
pfp drawn by my gf @maddoxdragon_ on ig β™‘
fakeviolinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juniper Berry » Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: yes, but only about 3 times XD
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: i think it is enough time.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: no, different one are best!
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) i think they are good C:
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: i forget about it! so i think you should post it in the frount of the forum thinggy
Juniper - Trade Me Realistic Pets - Warrior Cats RP's - credit
[Dogs are my one true love,
I compete in various dog
sports with my two dogs
Cooper; a Greyhound +
Rocky; NZ Working dog mix.
Feel free to PM me!
]
Juniper Berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sat May 03, 2014 11:04 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, but very rarely because I don't like making digital art. I do browse the oekaki boards on occasion and love seeing the art other people have made, though.

2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: I'm afraid not.

3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Since I don't participate in the challenge, I can't really say from experience, but a week seems fair to me.

4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: I think that would be a nice idea, and it would also allow people who did the theme before to try something new and/or see if they've improved. :)

5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? Unfortunately I haven't been paying attention to the themes that much, but many of the ones I have seen have been pretty creative and diverse. I remember there was a "draw your character after they bit a sour lemon" theme once; I thought that was really funny. ^^

6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: Mostly because I don't enjoy drawing digitally, but also I'm not a big fan of weekly challenges in general. I find I get really caught up in them and end up feeling pressured to keep producing artwork after artwork after artwork even if there are other things I need to get done and I really don't have the time or energy for both.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sat May 03, 2014 11:21 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?:
Yes I did :) I can't work with oekai well since I use PS, but I still use it :)

2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:
No, I didn't. I might some day, but I'm not patient enough to finish it within 7 days.

3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:
I think it is, but personally I'm just not too motivated to finish it by then.

4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?:
Sure, but mayb with a little twist to make it diffrent for those who did join it.
If they missed it they can also make one in the 'normal' boards :)

5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season)
They were pretty creative, and I love what people made of it :D

6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
Hm... I already said it, I am not motivated enough to finish it within the time limit. But I might enter it some day :)
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me