Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications closing soo

Postby Tess » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:10 am

locking this in about an hour!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demifiend » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 pm haha
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 542
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? almost every day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 1-2, sometimes even 3 if i need to organize my pets
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position :

first of all, i know a lot about this site. i can be a help when it comes to deciding fair trades and rarities, and even names of the litters and pets. i know a bit about coding too, if that helps. i also participate in a few forum pages on here uwu

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
i've always wanted to be some sort of staff on here, i think it sounds pretty fun. if my application does get accepted, i'd certainly spend a lot of time here making sure everything is perfect and all.

AKIBA | IT/HE
(´• ω •`)
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一一一一一一

mechfriend + jrpg enjoyer
demifiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewey » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: June 27, 2010
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5,001 posts
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit, at least, every day of the week.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 8-10 on weekends in total, 4-6 on weekdays in total, most days I am quite busy with homework and school projects, but I am able to pop in each day for a little bit.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I don't have many skills to share with you, other than that I am here to help anyone in need of assistance! Although I'm not very fluent in any other languages other than English, I do know a little bit of Spanish. Though I don't let the languages set me apart from other users. I'm always willing to try and help with my good friend, the translator. I do, often, speak up for others when it seems like they're in a tough situation, because in reality, I have been put through just about everything. I like to handle things in a calm manner because I know what happens when it becomes out of hand and I wouldn't want that to disturb the peaceful community. To sum that up, let me just say I have good people skills. c:
    Why do you want to be a General Helper? I have been on ChickenSmoothie for a little over 3 years now and I have learned so much about this website. When I had first registered, I had to learn everything about this website all on my own. And, let me just say, it wasn't a very easy task. It took me many months, even about a year, to fully understand the website. And since I know those struggles, I want to put my full knowledge to users who could really need a hand in working there way around ChickenSmoothie. Even if it is just to explain how to edit their avatar or profile, I'm always ready to step in. Not only that, I do consider myself a friendly, outgoing and honest person. If I do recall, I have helped many Newbies just joining the website find their way around the twists and turns. Not to mention all the possibilities on this website that they would have found confusing at first. Even after I first explain a topic, they may ask again and that doesn't bother me a bit. I just imagine if I was in their shoes about how confused I would be. I know I have written a lot, and I do apologize, but I would just like to state one last thing. I am a person who follows the rules and - with the privilege - help my fellow ChickenSmoothians as well.
Dewey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tennisbutt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:46 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
July 20th, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
11448 posts at the time of this post

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am on CS everyday even if there's nothing that I need to do on CS, I just check it anyway for some reason. After all is it my most visited page on my browser |D

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I'd spend a varied amount of time on CS depending on how much I need to do, but on weekdays it ranges from 2-6 hours whereas on the weekend it ranges from 4-10 hours. During holidays too, I can spend most of my day on CS [as I can also access it from my phone when I'm out]

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I am fluent in Chinese and I have studied French, German in the past. I am also currently studying Italian. Although I may not be fluent I have enough skills to be able to communicate eloquently I would say. I try my best to solve any problems and issues to the best of my ability and generally in life, I am always the first one to step in to help hear both sides out and sort things out without being subjective. I also believe that 4 odd years on the site can help me with sharing my knowledge with others and has given me a good foundation for trade values at first glance. I have tried to answer a few questions in the Help and Suggestions sub-topic but I may I been beaten to the answer a few times too many, though I still persevere and try to help.

I have found that recently, I have liked to help people out in many different ways, whether it's being just answering a question or helping a friend win an adopt. I remember when I was new to the site and if I had some 'obvious' people that I could turn to to ask questions then I feel as if I would have blossomed into the site a lot faster. Any other way I could contribute to the running of the site would just be an added bonus!

[avatar by bullserk @ dA]
[art by minksplash and sketchi]

my deviantart

my characters

tennisbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Static~ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:00 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) January 20, 2013.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 2,499.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? as many as I can, but usually 2-3.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) I'm on the adoptable pets/characters forum a lot, and answer many questions there.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I really like to help people, and have always looked up to CS staff, and although a General helper is not technically a staff position, I would like to help CS as much as I possibly can!
x
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
call me static or stat!
he/him
x x x x x x x x x x

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

x

x

~Static~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xxshadowluvxx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:04 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I have been a user on CS since March 28th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum?:
I have made roughly 23978 posts, 23979 including this one
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day actually, 24/7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Almost all day, besides when I have to do school, or if life problems come up
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Well, I have been told to be very helpful with many things, such as where to go, or if something doesn't work, I have also helped a few members with a certain thread I am in if it has any problems. I actually am trying to become multi-lingual, because I absolutely love speaking other languages(especially french and japanese).
I wish to be a general helper to.. well… Help, really. I have always loved helping other members with problems they've had, or if they are new an don't know how to work everything just yet. I love being helpful, and the feeling of accomplishment after doing so, because you know it made that certain person feel a lot better too. Also, since I have been on CS for quite sometime(not as long as some), I have seen many applications for these kinds of things, but never tried out(I was too young, to new, etc.), and I've also been a little shy… But I decided to try now, even if it is at the last second, I wanted to at least give it a go!
"w i t h shortness of breath,

Image Image Image

you explained the i n f i n i t e."
xxshadowluvxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Applications are now closed! Thank you to everyone who has offered to join the team!

It may take a few weeks for us to read through and select our new team members, so please be patient and wait for us to post an announcement about the new General Helpers

remember that no matter what happens, there is nothing stopping you from going around helping and being friendly to other members. Everyone who wants to help can do so simply by being friendly and approachable and making an effort to respond to people who seem lost. You don't need a salmon pink name to be able to do that!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me