Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Postby Tess » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Tess wrote:Applications are now closed! Thank you to everyone who has offered to join the team!

It may take a few weeks for us to read through and select our new team members, so please be patient and wait for us to post an announcement about the new General Helpers

remember that no matter what happens, there is nothing stopping you from going around helping and being friendly to other members. Everyone who wants to help can do so simply by being friendly and approachable and making an effort to respond to people who seem lost. You don't need a salmon pink name to be able to do that!

Please read the whole topic before posting or applying.

The job available is for a General Helper.

Users of any age can apply, but you must not be a COPPA user, since COPPA players can't communicate with the players who need help.

What does that mean?
General Helpers are simply members who have volunteered to help other members, and their names are a different color so that they are easy to find if you have any questions.

A General Helper position is not considered to be a staff position. If you get the position, your name will change color, and that is the only difference between you and other members. You will not gain any special abilities or powers to moderate the forum or to make pets, etc.

Applications will close within a few days if we have had enough good applications. However since we are very busy this month, it may take a few weeks before the new General Helpers are chosen. Staff will help me to pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 5 - 10 new General Helpers. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be respectful, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, active members of CS.

The duties of a General Helper include (but are not limited to):
  1. You will have access to the private help system, so that you can read and respond to the basic help requests that are sent in for General Helpers. You will need to regularly check the help system and respond to whatever you're able to answer. You should encourage everyone to use the help system when they need assistance, as it is more efficient than having them PM random staff/General Helpers.
  2. Regularly visit the CS Suggestions and Problems board to see if you can answer any questions there
  3. Regularly visit the Introductions board to welcome new members to the site
  4. Help members around the forum whenever you stumble across people having problems

We are looking for members who:
  1. Always treat other players with respect, and have not had any issues with arguments, bullying, fighting, etc.
  2. Are always happy to help other players, even if it involves explaining the same things over and over
  3. Are very active in the forum, posting often, and always with a friendly and positive attitude towards other players
  4. Will remain calm even when players are being rude or disrespectful. You should never respond with anger or insults.
  5. Know a lot about CS, including knowing the rules, knowing how to edit your profile, knowing how to set up trade settings etc.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months - we want people who know a lot about how the site runs and what kind of things happened in the past, and new players just don't have that kind of knowledge, sorry.

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a General Helper?

APPLICATON (please post your completed form in this topic)
    1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
    3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
    6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?

Please keep your answers brief and clear. We don't need you to write a novel, and we don't need you to write with fancy fonts and headings. The easier to read, the better.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications inside

Postby Tess » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 pm

In before "can I apply if I don't have..."

If you don't meet the minimum application criteria, do not apply! This is the minimum that we're looking for. We usually receive hundreds of applications and we will be looking for the very best to add to the team. If you don't meet the minimum criteria for account age or post count, then you're not going to come close to being selected, and you'll just be wasting your time applying.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The wild one » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 24, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9165
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Usually 3-5 hours, depending on my workload for that day, or classes.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I've been a member of the site for a quite a while, so I know how things work, and I can answer a good number of questions that newer users could ask.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I like to help people, and I'd like to help take some of the pressure off of the mods who have so many other jobs to do other than answer questions from newer members, or members who are returning after a long hiatus from the site.
-------------------------------------------------------
ImageKat | She/Her | Lesbian | Adult Player
-------------------------------------------------------
The wild one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diaval » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 3, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1187
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I'd say usually 4 or 5
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I'm very nearly fluent in Spanish and learning French. I try to answer questions on the forums as often as I can.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I think that being a General Helper will enable me to help more CS members, something I strive to do anyways. I'd like the opportunity to aid Chicken Smoothie users more than I have the opportunity to now. I've been on CS for over a year now, so I'd like to think that I have at least the makings of an informed member that can help others. This is a great opportunity; thank you for allowing me the chance to use it to benefit members of CS. I've acquired quite a bit of useful knowledge simply from being on the site for a time, and I would like a chance to be able to share that knowledge with users who may not know it.
Diaval

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:04 pm

What date did you register as a CS member? November 24th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum? 4813
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend around 5 hours exclusively on CS each day.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm a clear-headed person, and my patience and skill with writing both come in handy when explaining things to others. Having been a member for three years, I have an excellent general knowledge of the site, including trading, forum rules, and post coding. I'm more than happy to help out, and have done so for plenty of users before.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I love Chicken Smoothie. I enjoy myself so much that I would adore an opportunity to contribute. Also, I'm already willing to help anyone I come across, but being marked as a general helper would make it easier for others to see me as someone they can approach with questions. That means I could do more good, which isn't half bad. ;)
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 pm

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: April 8, 2011
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2,474
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-4 hours
  5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I have held a supervisor position at my previous place of employment, so I am good at dealing with problems in a respectful and helpful way. I am working towards a bachelor's degree in education, so I'm good at explaining things in ways that people might not think of or re-explaining when someone does not understand. I also try to answer questions in the forum already, especially in the Suggestions & Problems board, but if I see questions elsewhere I answer them as well.
  6. Why do you want to be a General Helper? I want to be a general helper because I want more users to know that they can ask me questions, rather than me just answering the ones that are posted on the boards. I have always liked CS and it is the one website I have not joined and then quit due to loss of interest, and that is mainly due to the community and the users rather than the pets (though I like those too!). I will admit that I don't currently spend time on the Introductions board, but it is definitely something that I could add to my regular routine of checking of the Suggestions & Problems board whenever I log on, as well as answering help center questions if I am chosen. Thank you for considering me!
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) 2012 April
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 10035
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 c:
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 5-14 hours (5 on school day)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) I know a lot about the forums and were stuff goes
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Cs is my life, so I spend everyday on here, I like to help people and this job will make me very busy and I'd help heaps of people, Also it's been my dream to be a general helper so this would be great! And I'd help people with the forums more than other stuff. I'm also a very friendly person so I think I'll be great as a general helper (if I get picked) I also want to make cs a happy place
I welcome new people to the site with helpful links sometimes and help them as much as possible! C;

Thank you for this opportunity and congrats to the person who is a new general helper! As I said it's my dream to be a general helper
Last edited by ferretjuice on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toyhouse ⋆ she/her ⋆ fr

pony art by aelius

complete pony collection
complete dwarf hamster collection
complete bat collection
complete 2012 collection
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Halsin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:13 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 11 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 17701
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually spend most of my time on CS c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) I know some French, but it's not really a strong point, I am quite experienced with trades, and values of pets.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I would like to be a General Helper, because I like helping people, and I often try to help people as much as I can, I often welcome new players, and give them some older pets to help them get started. I'd also like to help the mods as much as I can, and I have a lot of free time to do so. I love CS, and would like to help as many players as I can. :3

..Image ↲↲
....↳↳Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝚜 𝚘 𝚖 𝚎 𝚝 𝚑 𝚒 𝚗 𝚐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..𝚎 𝚕 𝚜 𝚎 .... 𝚢 𝚘 𝚞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
....Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝚖 𝚢..𝚑 𝚎 𝚊 𝚛 𝚝 ?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔════════════╗
...© coding by tsubaki.
╚════════════╝

╔══════╗

Hi I'm Halsin
he/him, adult
I really love
Baldurs Gate
esp Astarion
and Halsin
My OCs
Check 'em out!
Bestie v

╚══════╝

Halsin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teacup. » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 27th 2011
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 28836
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? : Every day of the week~
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? : Weekdays around 4-5 hours, weekends at least 7-10
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position : I know basic Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese, I am a logical thinker and can develop simple and easy to understand solutions.
    Why do you want to be a General Helper? : Well, I've had a bit of trouble in the past, back when I first joined and I feel like I can help other people with the same problems I have had and I can even learn a little myself with the problem-solving ability of being a General Helper.
▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅

TOGETHER LET'S CLAP OUR CHILDISH HANDS
XXTO THIS INTENTIONALLY DERANGED RHYTHM

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ xxXxxx
MY HEADACHE IS SINGING ABUT PACKAGE
XXxxxthe clock's hand is stuck at 4 o'clock.
NO ONE WOULD TELL ME WHY,
BUT THE WORLD HAS BEGUN TO R↷TATE IN REVERSE
XXxxxxxxxxxxx▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
I am in love with pokemon Y, more specific Sylveon.
If anyone has any pokemon or hetalia rps then please
do not be afraid to shoot me a PM, also I love Warriors roleplays
and the occasional dragon rp and my little pony roleplay.
I am a proud pegasister.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯XXxxxxxxxxxxx
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
teacup.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I registered on the 18th of December, 2011.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6001 posts, this will be 6002.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I'm able to visit 7 days a week.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I usually spend around 5-7 hours daily on Chicken Smoothie.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I feel I could bring quite a few skills to the GH position. I'm extremely patient when it comes to helping and introducing people to topics or ideas they may not be familiar with, and don't mind explaining it more than once, or in depth. I can also keep a level head, and won't take any offense if someone is rude to me. I try to help out as much as I can when users have questions about the site, and try to answer them to the best of my knowledge, or direct them onto the right path. I also visit the Introductions board regularly to lend a hand to any new (or old) members who are confused about the site functions or the forums, or just to say "hello!" and make them feel welcome. I also know how to trade fair, and I have trading knowledge on the advent list.

I am also knowledgeable in BBC code, and know a little bit of HTML coding as well. I'm also very handy at site functions, and the workings of our Oekaki program and art board. I also have quite a bit of experience in other areas such as roleplaying, and feel like I could be able to offer helpful assistance in these areas.

I've also had experience assisting with influxes of questions and explaining things, as I was helping out as thread moderator on this year's Lights On Lights Off game. c: I also help with a group on da, WeAreThePokemonFans, by accepting submission and answering questions. I own my own roleplay site (however, I'm still trying to get it up and running), so I've had a bit of experience there.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I would like to be a GH as I love the feeling of being able to assist in any way I can, and I think this position would allow me to do this to the best of my ability. I enjoy the feeling of helping out, and I would love to apply the knowledge and information I've obtained through my time at the site to people who may be confused or just need something clarified. I would love the opportunity to become a GH to continue to help people, and to expand my knowledge on the site and in other areas, as it is what I love doing. I would also love the give back to the community which I've gotten to love and know so well.

Good luck to all other applicants. ^^
Last edited by Kaizoku on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups