More bird updates & adoptable pic!(been to see babys update)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

White-faced or Regular Gray Cockatiel?

I like them both equally!
17%
The regular gray cockatiel with the colored face is my favorite :3
18%
The white-faced cockatiel is my favorite ^__^
54%
I can't decide! ;_;
10%
I don't like these birds at all :C
2%

Total votes : 302

More bird updates & adoptable pic!(been to see babys update)

Postby Tess » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:54 pm

UPDATE:
I've been to see the baby birds available, but I can't decide which one to get :( there is one normal grey one (like http://www.rrdigitalwonders.com/windyci ... esized.jpg ) possibly female. And then 3 baby white-faced ones (like http://www.asnu.org.uk/tiel5.jpg ) - unsure of gender of the babies

They're in a cockatiel aviary so it's a bit hard to get a close look at them, but they seem to be well-cared for in there.

I can't pick one up until Monday, but I've got to decide soon >: so hard to choose. The white-faced ones are so pretty x3

if we change bird, I'll change colouring of the adoptable to match, but maybe give you guys a choice of which adoptable if you prefer the yellow-faced one.

The grey one is US $21 and the white-faced one is US $40, they're a bit cheaper than the pet-shop birds and they're living in much better conditions, plus the babies are younger so will be easier to tame. Might take a few months to get him used to me though, because the birds are aviary birds at the moment.

Just for interests sake - which colour bird do you guys prefer? I know some people find the bright orange cheeks adorable, but I also really love the more soft 'natural' look of the white-faced birds :)

At the current prices - it will probably cost me around US $35 for the cage I'm bidding on, + around US $35 for some toys and accessories etc from the pet shop, then $21 - $40 for the bird. So I won't need very many donators - I'll see how low I can drop the price on paypal before I lose too much from transaction fees. Could be that donators pay $5 and get the whole set of toys + accessories for their pet cockatiel :)

edit (sorry for all the constant editing):
Payments would be by paypal - sorry if this doesn't suit some people :(

I've found some young cockatiels from a local home-breeder and I am going to visit the chicks tomorrow. Wish me luck :) If the birds look happy and healthy, I will probably have one of those :) as long as she is willing to hold the bird for another few days until I have a cage set up xD We might have a bird by the weekend!
I still don't know if I've won the auction for the cage here, and the auction won't close until Saturday, so I still can't add up prices. Maybe by Sunday when I know the decision on the bird and outcome of the cage auction, then I could start selling some of the donation birds. I think I won't need to sell too many to cover the costs so I'll probably be able to drop the donation price again so that the interested people (around 20 - 30 of you) would get a chance to have the bird adoptable (otherwise the number sold will need to be severely limited)

expect another update tomorrow, after I've been to visit the available baby cockatiels :)

also: the cage I'm bidding on is a good-quality large cage, but there is another (larger) cage available for auction which has some rust patches. I'd love my bird to have the biggest possible cage, but I don't know about repairing the rusty cage.

I'm still going to go for the good quality cage and get that if I can, but maybe get the other cage as a back-up if it is possible to repair it with some kind of bird-safe paint. Internet websites have given me very varied opinions as to re-painting bird cages, so I need to hear from someone who knows: can it be done safely? with lead-free, zinc-free paints which are 'baby safe'? Or is it too risky? I just want him to have as roomy a cage as possible, but I don't want to poison him >: and brand-new cages of the size I want are about $300, so if I can repair a 2nd-hand one it'd save me a lot of money (and give him a bit more play-space)

please PM me or post here if you can give me a definitive answer on this :) before anyone kills me, I have not put a bird in a re-painted cage yet, so don't act like I'm a murderer. I'm just asking.

I'm not sure how soon I can get the bird itself because I need to try and find a local breeder with hand-reared chicks of around the right age to be adopted >: could be hard to find because Dunedin isn't a huge place.. I'll hold off the donations until I know a date and price for that (probably cost quite a bit more than a petshop bird, but it's likely to be much healthier and happier so I think it's worth the money)

I'd really love to get a boy bird, because they have the brightest coloring on their faces :)

Here's some previews of the bird adoptable that'll be available to donators

birdadoptablepreview.png
birdies
birdadoptablepreview.png (110.47 KiB) Viewed 3429 times

The first bird is a pet, the other pics are like an item that you can put on your other pets (you'll get both for $5)

The first bird will also come with some toys and items etc if you pay the extra $3 but I haven't drawn those yet, so stay tuned ;)

Thanks,
Tess
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: More bird updates and the adoptable preview!

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm definately going to donate now that I've seen what the adoptable will look like :D

Good luck with 'bird hunting' ;)
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samurai! » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 pm

preaching to the choir, miss. ;) I'll be happy to donate -- but I need my parent's card. D:
I'm sure they won't mind cash for credit. Or vise versa, as the case may be. xD
Samurai!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doppelganger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:17 pm

XD That looks so cute, and I might be tempted to donate for it!
Doppelganger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:20 pm

O.O I want, ill be donating :D
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Waaaa. I want, but can't donate. :c
*wishful thinking for a bird item* xD
Looks lovely, Tess!
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyhne » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 pm

haha, very adorable! :D
Hm...I'd love to donate, but you'd have to tell me how to donate online... :oops:
formally user asiandragon; you can call me Roshon!
no pronouns preferred (they/them accepted) | adult | queer | tumblr
I haven’t been on CS in 10 years; lots of pets from 2010/2011, let’s trade!
Nyhne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saiun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Oh, I shall definitely donate, Tess!

edit; I love the white-faced one, it's really pretty.
Last edited by Saiun on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MALE / ADULT / LIFE IS WEIRD ... REALLY WEIRD
Saiun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Oh why didn't my parents own a credit card!

Though may I ask, will the bird pet be tradeable? Other users who aren't able/allowed to donate like me would love to have a chance in getting one (though from what I see, it may get the rarity of the unreleased Dec 18th pets)
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inkcharm » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh, so cute! Like I said, I'd love to donate - I do hope that you'll accept Paypal transfers, they are just that much easier for international transfers, especially since Paypal will make the change from Euro to Dollar automatically. Are we talking USD by the way?

And as much as I understand that user who can't donat want the pet, I really do hope you won't make them tradable. I think it would be a shame if people gave you money just to get another rare pet for trading, maybe even donating twice to get one pet for themselves, one for trades. That would defy the purpose of the bird, I believe. The bird should stay with those who made it possible for you to get your pet bird. But that's just my personal opinion, it's up to you in the end, of course ;)
~*~ Inkcharm's Cantrip ~*~

ImageImageImage
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ImageImageImage
~*~ cervas, Cveti, Mellina, SolMiMi ~*~
Inkcharm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups